Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Venomous Crowd

52 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

From TV out here, the Palace fans were singing all match, really supporting the team. You are right that during this period our crowd were silent. After they scored I could hear the fans and it must have affected the players. 

I was at Filbert Street for most of the 70's & 80's and much as I remember some dreadful times I can never remember such a divided fan base as we have now over Puel, not even Levein, who I thought was the worst of all our managers.

Your memory is failing you my friend. Crowds in that era were more abusive and physically violent about everything.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mark said:

He was spent and couldn’t run anymore, see him give up tracking back the moment before the substitution. So right decision for me, the problem is the lack of options on the bench. We ended up with Iheanacho on at right wing with Gray moving to number 10. :blink:

I'll be honest it didn't register with me at the time that he was tired. No more so than other players.

Puel wastes so many substitutions by picking the wrong players from the start. We only had 2 subs to try and change things late on in the game because he had to drag Ghezzal off at half time.

37 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

That's the difference now. Pleat out was virtually 100%, Puel divides opinion more than any manager I've known at our club.

I like where Puel is heading with the club. Young and home grown is a way we can compete with the big boys. Even his keep ball looks good at times but getting out leicestered week in week out is the pits. Then the possession and shots that produce nothing. 

My big fear is if/when we sack him the next man tries to move us in the opposite direction. 

I have no doubt we need to continue in the direction we are taking. But we also need a plan B and C. 

Thought the crowd were OK yesterday until Palace scored the penalty.

Things very quickly then became ugly.

For the first time this season I have heard what were considered moderate loyal fans saying enough is enough.

They are now beginning to show their frustration and anger at what we have become.

Lose against Brighton on Tuesday and I think Puels job becomes untenable.

I will be surprised if this form continues if he is still manager at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

I loathed the Pleat era. He was terrible too. Those were also dark days, but nothing like now because if he'd had remained we'd have been relegated to the third division. Levein's football was the worse I've ever witnessed though.

The Pleat era was toxic but there is a lot of rose tinted spectacles being worn about the atmosphere at Filbert Street. Perhaps the most toxic was after the defeat to Sheffield United in the early days of MON. Atmosphere wasn't that great under Bryan Hamilton either. The final weeks of Peter Taylor saw a toxic atmosphere far far worse than we are seeing now, who who was there can easily forget the atmosphere as we went 4-0 down to Bolton in the first game of the season at home.

I think you are being a bit unfair to old Levein. He basically had no money and did at least oversee a very exciting 3-2 win over Spurs in the cup. The football under the short period Megson was in charge was by far the worst I've seen at Leicester.

The issue is that fan's expectations at many clubs have been raised by the astonishing amount of money at the top of the game. In the 50s,60s and 70s fans had more connection to the players. They both inhabited the "same world", players often travelled to matches on the same buses as the fans. Players generally did the best they could and fans appreciated that.

As the money the players receive has increased so that connection has gone and now fans expect their players to perfom to a high standard all the time. They see the amount of money they earn and, perhaps rightly, expect them to put on a decent show each time.

I'm not saying it's right to boo players and, I don't do that, but I can understand why people feel the right to have a go.

2 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Thought the crowd were OK yesterday until Palace scored the penalty.

Things very quickly then became ugly.

For the first time this season I have heard what were considered moderate loyal fans saying enough is enough.

They are now beginning to show their frustration and anger at what we have become.

Lose against Brighton on Tuesday and I think Puels job becomes untenable.

I will be surprised if this form continues if he is still manager at the end of the season.

A lot seems to have happened since you started typing this