Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Venomous Crowd

I didn't actually think the atmosphere was that bad, not good, far from it but certainly not toxic as has been used to describe it, it was just meh really, there was the odd grumble but given the circumstances it could have been alot worse with alot more disgruntlement, generally i'd describe yesterday as apathetic, lost all enthustiasm.

That's how i've felt for a long time now.

• Like 2

Worst crowd in the prem tbh.

One or two songs getting repeated, lots of angry old people with a limited understanding of football (half of them probably wants Ranieri back). Remember the title season, where we fooled everyone into believing we had somewhat of a decent atmosphere with those fvcking clappers. 

I honestly get more frustrated about the toxic atmosphere then I do about the football being played, and that’s saying a lot considering the football being played atm.

This is not a Puel in or out post, so please don’t bring him into it.

The Ghezzal booing is btw ridiculous, the supporters are actually ruining his confidence, his stats isn’t even that bad, people have just decided not to like him. I actually feel really sorry for him.

We were pushing for 7th for a period, and people still managed to be frustrated about the state of our club. Cannot be easy playing away games even when we’re at home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I can assure you I am not Puel!

The half time report I read on Sky and BBC were all very positive about us. They all stated how the scoreline did not reflect the run of play. One deflected shot by them went in when we dominated play.

OK, I agree we were pretty toothless up front, but that wasn't helped by some poor decision making. We had some great chances from free kicks which were totally wasted. Maddison was poor in most of his dead ball kicks, plus he was poor in his decision making in decent positions.

The team selected by Puel had great support on this forum too. 

As I said, we all have our views and we are entitled to them.

Puel in or out is not the question. The question is if Puel stays how will we ever win a home match again if our fans continue to hinder our players rather than support them? If you read my first post on this thread you'll see I say that Puel staying is the problem because our fans really don't want him here.

The real question Is, how is it even a consideration wether or not he goes.

If he stays I can't see us getting another point under him.

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Most fans don't boo. Most fans are silent. But booing is louder than silence so it seems they are in the majority. Most walk away sad and disappointed. It's just life as a City fan, always been this way.

It's not even approaching toxic. Those of us around in the late 70's, 80's and 90's will explain what toxic is really like.

From TV out here, the Palace fans were singing all match, really supporting the team. You are right that during this period our crowd were silent. After they scored I could hear the fans and it must have affected the players. 

I was at Filbert Street for most of the 70's & 80's and much as I remember some dreadful times I can never remember such a divided fan base as we have now over Puel, not even Levein, who I thought was the worst of all our managers.

Well, we have another game on Tuesday, and if there is just the slightest chance that a strong positive atmosphere could help us find a win then we owe it to ourselves to give it a go. Forget Puel. It’s clear he can’t inspire the fans or players, but maybe positive supportive energy from the stands will help the players, because goodness knows we need some help

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Have you forgotten about the period between 2004-2008? Yes we're poor now, yes the crowd is (rightly) venomous, but I dunno why people suddenly forget what we've been through in the last ten years - including Ranieri's second season and Shakespeare's spell which were both shit.

Sven's team once the two loaned full backs went were just like this now albeit at a lower level. Keep the ball at all costs but actually get nowhere. We went games without having a shot .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

From TV out here, the Palace fans were singing all match, really supporting the team. You are right that during this period our crowd were silent. After they scored I could hear the fans and it must have affected the players. 

I was at Filbert Street for most of the 70's & 80's and much as I remember some dreadful times I can never remember such a divided fan base as we have now over Puel, not even Levein, who I thought was the worst of all our managers.

Well then you must remember the Pleat era? Although we weren't divided then, we all hated him! To make us so poor with such a good squad at the time. Ring any bells Claude?

16 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I think I'd do something positive like clean it up, or ask my wife to do it.

You didn't give me those options though

Oh, I didn't imply mine were the only options.

But you do see what I'm getting at.

There's an old German adage:

"Better an end with a scare, than a scare with no end."

Just now, ceebeefox said:

Well then you must remember the Pleat era? Although we weren't divided then, we all hated him! To make us so poor with such a good squad at the time. Ring any bells Claude?

I loathed the Pleat era. He was terrible too. Those were also dark days, but nothing like now because if he'd had remained we'd have been relegated to the third division. Levein's football was the worse I've ever witnessed though.

10 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The Tielemans sub deflated everyone and it was downhill from there.

He was spent and couldn’t run anymore, see him give up tracking back the moment before the substitution. So right decision for me, the problem is the lack of options on the bench. We ended up with Iheanacho on at right wing with Gray moving to number 10. :blink:

• Like 1

Still think it’s more apathy than venom, lose to Brighton though & it could turn ugly during the game rather than just boos at the end. We as fans seen ready to jump on every mistake of certain players. Can’t see Puel being here next season come what may, let’s just get to 38/40 points ASAP then see what happens. 

16 minutes ago, ceebeefox said:

Sven's team once the two loaned full backs went were just like this now albeit at a lower level. Keep the ball at all costs but actually get nowhere. We went games without having a shot .

Yep, also Ranieri's second season we went 6 games without even scoring. Some people are quick to forget.

1 minute ago, ThaiFox said:

I loathed the Pleat era. He was terrible too. Those were also dark days, but nothing like now because if he'd had remained we'd have been relegated to the third division. Levein's football was the worse I've ever witnessed though.

Yes true, and strangely Levein was a big promoter of youth too although for different reasons due to the economic problems at the club in Levein's case whilst Claude's reasons appear to be that the older pro's see through his shortfalls in this tough division and kids will run all day for him.

Yesterday Palaces battle hardened team fought it out and overcame, men against boys, we played the pretty stuff, they scored the goals. Didn't notice too many changes from their cup team either. Their cup run is galvanising their season fans and players alike, we rested our players went out with a whimper for what?

• Like 3

There was no way we were coming back after the second palace goal, there was no roar of encouragement and the fans turned. Chants of you dont know what you’re doing don’t help when your manager is bringing a striker on, what else is he meant to do? 

Its simply not going to happen, fans and Puel are not going to get along. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

No division in the pens when chanting

PLEAT   OUT

That was for sure. 

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There was no way we were coming back after the second palace goal, there was no roar of encouragement and the fans turned. Chants of you dont know what you’re doing don’t help when your manager is bringing a striker on, what else is he meant to do? 

Its simply not going to happen, fans and Puel are not going to get along. 

Exactly this. It affects the players and even if you are the biggest Puel supporter (and I've supported and defended him on here countless times) it's obvious that until he goes our home form is going to continue in this vein. The K/P crowd just loathe him and they take it out on the players, even if the the hate is for Puel.

17 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Oh, I didn't imply mine were the only options.

But you do see what I'm getting at.

There's an old German adage:

"Better an end with a scare, than a scare with no end."

But should I get my wife to clear up the tod?

I fear we could end up going round in circles.

For the record, I think Puel should go, and whilst discontent amongst the fan base will strengthen the case for getting rid, the piss poor home record and the lack of visible progress in key areas will do for him regardless of what we all think

Anyone who seriously thought that was "venomous" never went to Filbo.

Given the shit served up the fans aren't that impatient, our home form has been absolutely pathetic. 

Edited by MattP

Feels like i’m repeating myself in regards to this topic but there really is no point having a pop at the home support when there are others far more worthy of criticism.

The home form since we won the league has been nothing short of diabolical but it has regressed even further under Puel and as the man in charge currently he’s going to take the brunt of it. I think our fans have been patient but two and a half years but its all come to a head. Its certainly not toxic as a whole, small groups are but they shouldnt be used to represent the fanbase as a whole.

Nobody is going to be cheering a 4-1 loss to a relegation candidate and some fans have to get real, its not always going to be all singing and dancing when the football on show is awful. 

I said my bit in the wrong thread - hate certain players and the manager if you must (after all, it's your right, and the right to be a total git must be protected), but don't start ridiculing the likes of me for clapping one sub on and the other off, as if somehow abusing people who represent the team you claim to support is in any way constructive or indeed supportive.

And yes, it was all going badly, but no, I'm no happy clapper - the team just needs the fans onside more than ever right now, hard though the football is to witness.