Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Venomous Crowd

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

People can’t stand Puel.

I get it. Neither can I 

And that's the problem.

Whilst Puel is manager it's creating a toxic poisonous atmosphere at the KP, which is greatly affecting the players. They are almost frightened to perform properly in case they are booed.

It's horrible listening to it out here. I'm not sure if the TV microphones are placed in specific positions, but last night the Palace fans were magnificent. Ours were moaning, shouting abuse, booing and hissing.  

It now doesn't matter if we are Puel in or Puel out, but until he goes our home form will continue like this because of the dreadful atmosphere we are creating.

The crowd at the KP have made their minds up about Puel now and they wont change their minds no matter how we perform, how our luck is, how the results go, or where we are in the table.

It's why our away form is so much better. The players are just relieved to get away from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best thing I saw was two guys sat about 6 seats apart both going absolutely mental when we didn’t take a pot shot from 40 yards lol Does anyone really take it thay seriously any more? I’m so apathetic about it all that I just sit there laughing at the ****** rather than getting pissed off at the football.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

And that's the problem.

Whilst Puel is manager it's creating a toxic poisonous atmosphere at the KP, which is greatly affecting the players. They are almost frightened to perform properly in case they are booed.

It's horrible listening to it out here. I'm not sure if the TV microphones are placed in specific positions, but last night the Palace fans were magnificent. Ours were moaning, shouting abuse, booing and hissing.  

It now doesn't matter if we are Puel in or Puel out, but until he goes our home form will continue like this because of the dreadful atmosphere we are creating.

The crowd at the KP have made their minds up about Puel now and they wont change their minds no matter how we perform, how our luck is, how the results go, or where we are in the table.

It's why our away form is so much better. The players are just relieved to get away from it.

Rubbish.

No one gets on the back of a team that's performing.

We just need rid of Puel ASAP the guy is incapable of managing a premier league team, have been saying for months we need to get rid. People defend him and say he is giving youth a chance, well what other options do we have?

None, any blithering Idiot can a pick a team of 21 year olds when there is no other choice.

He is ruining this club, people are just showing their displeasure, people who where a long time before Puel infected our club, the same people who will be here long after he has slithered away.

To sit on here blaming the hard working people that are the heartbeat of our club is really arrogant, the atmosphere is a result of what is going on in that French nutters mind, not the cause of us loosing like we are doing.

Puel is a black cloud over this club.

9 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Rubbish.

No one gets on the back of a team that's performing.

We just need rid of Puel ASAP the guy is incapable of managing a premier league team, have been saying for months we need to get rid. People defend him and say he is giving youth a chance, well what other options do we have?

None, any blithering Idiot can a pick a team of 21 year olds when there is no other choice.

He is ruining this club, people are just showing their displeasure, people who where a long time before Puel infected our club, the same people who will be here long after he has slithered away.

To sit on here blaming the hard working people that are the heartbeat of our club is really arrogant, the atmosphere is a result of what is going on in that French nutters mind, not the cause of us loosing like we are doing.

Puel is a black cloud over this club.

I actually thought we performed well, especially first half, but that didn't help the atmosphere! However you have your view, as do the paying public, and if they want to moan all game, instead of supporting the players, that is their choice. But I can assure you it is not helping.

• Like 1

Just now, ThaiFox said:

I actually thought we performed well, especially first half, but that didn't help the atmosphere! However you have your view, as do the paying public, and if they want to moan all game, instead of supporting the players, that is their choice. But I can assure you it is not helping.

Played well? We played average against a poor side, we had no focus in attack, we passed it about a bit, but that's about it.

We have just lost our 4th home game on the trot, you don't loose 1 - 4 against poor opposition and and claim to have played well.

Are you Puel in disguise? You basically type the same things he comes out with in interviews 

Puel divides opinion (60:40). He has no charisma and cannot unite the fans.... and perhaps the players judging by perfornances.

Tactically he is out thought. 

We need a manager the whole club can get behind.

The directors are trashing the spirit and the brand of the club 

Edited by foxinsocks

14 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

What is not helping is not winning crucial home games - the more losses we accumulate at the King Power Stadium, the more the home fans, 25'000+ home supporters will turn on the manager and the players, the more they are getting fed up with the style of play, the ineffectiveness, the lack of goals, the lack of wins.

Four home wins in 13 matches isn't good enough, we're the fourth-worst team in the league at the moment in that department.

Jamie Vardy is our top scorer with a massive eight (!) goals after 27 matches, and the players behind him are contributing little in terms of scoring output themselves.

We're just not good enough anymore to break teams down, opposing teams no longer fear us, the counter attack days are gone, we're caught in a limbo in terms of playing style.

I have seen little to suggest Puel has been able to lay down and implement his tactical strategy, and even if he has, it's not working. 68% possession last night, for what? One goal - scored by a centre-back.

It's at home where you make or break your career, not away from home. Puel still hasn't realized that. Our home form last season was appalling and it is appalling again. Why is he not able to instill positivity and confidence into this team to improve our home form?

Maybe it's because he's not that good of a manager, in the truest sense of the function itself.

Edited by MC Prussian

I agree with a lot of people on here. OK we play really well until the final 3rd. Then we are pathetic. I can only really remember the 1 real chance (vardy header) in the first half. So essentially what's the point? Wouldn't we all rather have the points and goals than watching them pass it sideways back and forth for 80% of the match? 

I find myself repeating this again and again over the years, but hold in mind that in 2007/8 we were relegated by one point on the last day of a season where the crowd were very quick to turn on the team in the face of lacklustre performances.

Who knows if it would've made a scrap of difference if the support had been more patient, but with such narrow margins you cannot help but think that if things had been a bit less toxic the team might have had that bit more self belief that would've been enough to get the one point that would've seen us stay up.

Yes, we all pay our money, and yes, we're all entitled to our opinion and of course it's not about celebrating mediocrity but does bellowing vitriol actually help?

As the vicar at my church used to tell us, if you come home to find a turd in your bed, you don't then just piss in it

36 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

And that's the problem.

Most fans don't boo. Most fans are silent. But booing is louder than silence so it seems they are in the majority. Most walk away sad and disappointed. It's just life as a City fan, always been this way.

It's not even approaching toxic. Those of us around in the late 70's, 80's and 90's will explain what toxic is really like.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I find myself repeating this again and again over the years, but hold in mind that in 2007/8 we were relegated by one point on the last day of a season where the crowd were very quick to turn on the team in the face of lacklustre performances.

Who knows if it would've made a scrap of difference if the support had been more patient, but with such narrow margins you cannot help but think that if things had been a bit less toxic the team might have had that bit more self belief that would've been enough to get the one point that would've seen us stay up.

Yes, we all pay our money, and yes, we're all entitled to our opinion and of course it's not about celebrating mediocrity but does bellowing vitriol actually help?

As the vicar at my church used to tell us, if you come home to find a turd in your bed, you don't then just piss in it

I'm not sure it's "bellowing vitriol" at the King Power, it's a collective sign of major disappointment.

You can always argue the way people voice their dissent, but not that they are factually unhappy.

To take your analogy a bit further:

You'd rather stay put with a turd in your bed, sleep on or next to it and allow it to befoul the entire sleeping room or even your house?

What would be the most logical of actions in that situation instead?

9 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Played well? We played average against a poor side, we had no focus in attack, we passed it about a bit, but that's about it.

We have just lost our 4th home game on the trot, you don't loose 1 - 4 against poor opposition and and claim to have played well.

Are you Puel in disguise? You basically type the same things he comes out with in interviews 

I can assure you I am not Puel!

The half time report I read on Sky and BBC were all very positive about us. They all stated how the scoreline did not reflect the run of play. One deflected shot by them went in when we dominated play.

OK, I agree we were pretty toothless up front, but that wasn't helped by some poor decision making. We had some great chances from free kicks which were totally wasted. Maddison was poor in most of his dead ball kicks, plus he was poor in his decision making in decent positions.

The team selected by Puel had great support on this forum too. 

As I said, we all have our views and we are entitled to them.

Puel in or out is not the question. The question is if Puel stays how will we ever win a home match again if our fans continue to hinder our players rather than support them? If you read my first post on this thread you'll see I say that Puel staying is the problem because our fans really don't want him here.

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

And now the turning on each other starts. " Oh you supported the team and wanted to give the manager time to build!" People like this need to f off, the crowd needs to pull together not start fighting each other.

I blame Twitter.

This is nothing new, that platform helps amplifying people's opinion tenfold. People are more outspoken on Twitter due to the anonymity, they can say things there they'd never dream of saying in real life.

Sad, really.

But blame Twitter.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

I blame Twitter.

This is nothing new, that platform helps amplifying people's opinion tenfold. People are more outspoken on Twitter due to the anonymity, they can say things there they'd never dream of saying in real life.

Sad, really.

But blame Twitter.

Its the crowd or group mentality thing, they know there are 0 repercussions so spout things like this.

You're right though, Twitter has amplified the discontent, with many being turned quicker having seen various fan pages decide to push for his head.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm not sure it's "bellowing vitriol" at the King Power, it's a collective sign of major disappointment.

You can always argue the way people voice their dissent, but not that they are factually unhappy.

To take your analogy a bit further:

You'd rather stay put with a turd in your bed, sleep on or next to it and allow it to befoul the entire sleeping room or even your house?

What would be the most logical of actions in that situation instead?

I think I'd do something positive like clean it up, or ask my wife to do it.

You didn't give me those options though