Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lukochav

De Vries

Better than Connolly?

I think the big man may well have already scored more goals from open play than Connolly did throughout last season!!

8 goals in 15 starts this season is a good record for any striker to be fair he deserves some credit IMO

Eight goals. As I've said before, the only relevent facts that apply to strikers are: How many shots, how many goals.

At Leicester just now he's in a League of his own.

He certainly needs some help though. But doubtless it will be as hard to get Chambers involved as it is to get Sheehan selected.

I'm beginning to think it is the manager rather than the players that's the problem at Leicester. He's lucky that Gold-Smith will probably come to the rescue.

As for the left-back birth. I've highlighted the problem gently but I'll say this, now, if he keeps ignoring Sheehan at left back and keeps picking Nils out of position, he's going to get really turned over from there before long.

Six points it could have cost us up to now...and against better teams it will cost us.

Ive been reading the forums and most people are slating MDV but i beleive he is doin great 4 us n deserves some credit 4 his performances!

who agrees???? :thumbup:

I've been saying how good he is all season and everyone was saying how wrong i was. I've been proved right. 8 goals in 15 starts like you say is very good. The de Vries haters are going to struggle now.

i have always been a fan, kept the faith for him throughout. i dont rant on about how good he is but i never slate him or boo him at games like some do. but as said, 8 goals from 15 starts. yeah drop him he's crap.

:D That's what everyone was saying around me. "He's rubbish! Get rid of him! Not good enough!" Yeah right! 8 goals!

Give him credit, on 6 goals, like that of many players. I think only a few players have scored more than him. When he doesn't score he gets booooed, when he does, everyone goes mental. Next game, everyone will boo him until he scores.! Hopefully he can get more, he should be high on confidence and could lift us to the playoffs!

:D That's what everyone was saying around me. "He's rubbish! Get rid of him! Not good enough!" Yeah right! 8 goals!

much like these 4 lads who sit behind me. they call him "deep freeze" and say they cant understand why he's starting every game. i understand perfectly. 8 goals is why

Whenever De Vries scores, with the exception of 2 games he seems to score in 2's! i wouldn't be to surprised if he isnt too far from scoring 20 this season.

It shouldn't be that hard to reach 20 goals in 46 league games + cup games on current scoring form :thumbup:

If Mark de Vries gets 20 goals do you think people will still say he's our worst striker ever? I don't think they could. Surely not!

Of course not in the past 10 years we've only had 2 strikers who have scored 20 goals in a season, its clear that he is not our worst striker ever.

Of course not in the past 10 years we've only had 2 strikers who have scored 20 goals in a season, its clear that he is not our worst striker ever.

I know that but the amount of people who are saying how terrible he is, is amazing! They say he's our worst striker ever! He's not at all!

I think the big man may well have already scored more goals from open play than Connolly did throughout last season!!

8 goals in 15 starts this season is a good record for any striker to be fair he deserves some credit IMO

Uhh 2 goals are in the cup..so if you count those mathes - or discount those goal it 8 in 17 or 6 in15

yeah true enough only 6 league goals but overall he has 8. and we have played 14 games in the league, 2 in the cup (bury he did not start against am i right?) so thats 8 goals in 15 starts. or even 6 league goals in 14 league starts. thats still a good ratio, a few more and he will be top league scorer.

Not the most elegant looking striker but he gets the goals and he's the only one in the team doing that at the minute so fair play. Summed up some fans opinions when someone near me said "apart from score 2 goals, DeVries' done f*** all today". Give the guy a break!

No wonder gates are down people that dont normally go will hear about leicester's top scorer being sh*t what does that make the other players sound like :blink::D

Archived