Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lukochav

De Vries

He came good today, but there are plenty of times both this season and last where he hasn't.

Even Akinbiyi could score 20 goals this season in this league.

Levein;s on record as saying MDV is Premiership class. That's nonsense, but if he stays fit, he should score often enough to keep us up.

He doesn't have the quality to take us any further though.

MDV was shocking for most of today, yet he scores 2 goals. I can't make head nor tale of it.

But while he keeps scoring, I guess we should keep playing him.

Where did that come from?

He was far from shocking.

Do people not see the simple yet effective thigs he does for the team? His stranth and close control and size give us a dimension that not many have. Was so unlucky when he was brough down after megging their player but the ref gave nowt, he was in.

Very much a confidence player, if anyone gets on his back near me they know about it.

I said before the season started that he'd passed Connollys target of 13/14 goals last season.

Everyone laughed at me but I'm the one whos laughing now :P

He's not done it yet, don't count your chickens. ;)

Mark was great today, not just his goals but his lay offs and all round play was great :D Hopefully shut some booing twats up.

Well done Mark :D

I agree with you. He was not shocking at all. Forgeting his 2 goals i still think he was one of the best on the pitch. Adding his 2 goals and he was the best on the pitch.

Well done Mark!

I said before the season started that he'd passed Connollys target of 13/14 goals last season.

Everyone laughed at me but I'm the one whos laughing now :P

I predicted, like you, that de Vries would get 15 goals and Connolly 25. I was a bit off with Connolly. He only lasted 5 games or something but i think i'm right with de Vries. I even started a thread (whatever you call it) about him saying that i believe he would improve. Everyone laughed but i've got some mates who can't even talk about him with me! I was right. They were wrong.

As someone has already commented, we paid around £50,000 (may have been more can't remember) and have a player who has scored as many goals as £3.5million Dean Ashton and £6 million rated Andy Johnson.

That's not a bad return.

Get over the fact he looks cumbersome, lacks pace, has the turning circle of a small roll-on roll-off ferry and he is not a bad striker at this level. MDV is doing well and deserves to be our first-choice striker.

Well played MDV.

As someone has already commented, we paid around £50,000 (may have been more can't remember) and have a player who has scored as many goals as £3.5million Dean Ashton and £6 million rated Andy Johnson.

That's not a bad return.

Get over the fact he looks cumbersome, lacks pace, has the turning circle of a small roll-on roll-off ferry and he is not a bad striker at this level. MDV is doing well and deserves to be our first-choice striker.

Well played MDV.

:thumbup:

But if he fails to score for 3 games, the boo boys will be out again. For 50,000, you cannot expect a world beater, and that's what they were expecting.

I predicted, like you, that de Vries would get 15 goals and Connolly 25. I was a bit off with Connolly. He only lasted 5 games or something but i think i'm right with de Vries. I even started a thread (whatever you call it) about him saying that i believe he would improve. Everyone laughed but i've got some mates who can't even talk about him with me! I was right. They were wrong.

I predicted the same and, barring injury, that should be well within his range. In fact it may be a little cautious bearing in mind that Gold-Smith's presence should increase the number of chances for everyone.

On top of that the team is becoming more settled and even the fringe players know everyone else's play now with the exception of Gerrbrand and possibly Chambers if he arrives on the scene to stay.

I reckon 18-20 goals is not impossible and that will represent deserved reward for the extra effort he put in pre-season and his refusal to hide even when things are going wrong either personally or with the team.

:thumbup:

But if he fails to score for 3 games, the boo boys will be out again. For 50,000, you cannot expect a world beater, and that's what they were expecting.

It's true. Unfortunately, people forget that we're not world beaters, we're a lower half championship side. I think MDV is a much better player than Hammond. It is only because of Elvis's pace that people seem to want him in the side ahead of MDV.

I always feel sorry for awkward players like MDV. They always get undeservedly singled out by the boo boys because they are not what you expect e.g. Heskey or Peter Crouch.

Not neccessarily. Anything higher than 15th would be an improvement, and that's all CL is looking for.

yeh but is 14th or 13th really an improvement? then will CL be saying this every year, until it takes 9years to make the play-offs.

Archived