Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Gist

Stearman's mistake today?

Did any one see McCarthy yelling at stearman and grab him around the neck i thought this was bang out of order hes just a young lad everyone makes mistakes

Did any one see McCarthy yelling at stearman and grab him around the neck i thought this was bang out of order hes just a young lad everyone makes mistakes

spot on Gisty! he shouldn't have done that or reacted like that to Stearman, he was right to have a go at him because safety should ALWAYS come first but he should have waited for the appropiate time maybe at half time or something. and yes everyone does make mistakes it's part and parcel of the game gald to see Stearman have a decent 2nd half.

hmmm

he needed it

but 5 minutes later he was still giving him an earful, i don't think that's right. I thought after that Stearman lost some confidence and seemed scared! Paddy needed to give him a word i wont fault him for it he nearly cost us, but after your say move on don't go on about it for 5 minutes. Let the boy learn!

I happen to agree with you. Did you then see Dion push McCarthy away. Dion didnt like it. He put his arms around Stearman and said something. Then Rab did the same. I thought it was out of order. Stearman didnt play well today but he's young and he'll learn from his mistakes. He doesn't need to be strangled to know he did wrong. McCarthy was very good today though.

What was bang out of order? Stearman's stupidity or McCarthy's reaction? I loved what McCarthy did. If one thing is likely to make sure Stearman doesn't EVER do that again its a bit of traditional Irish reminder. I wish everyone was that committed and it'll soon be forgotten. At shows I go to the Irish knock seven bells out of EACH OTHER after the session in the bar then get up next morning, don their smart business suits and make like nothing ever happened.

Mind you, I recall seeing Sheehan rollicking Levi Porter after a cock-up led to a goal against West Ham Reserves (or was it Watford?) and he's never been near the first team since. He was right to.

Nope, I agree with what Paddy did. Stearman needs to cut that part of his game out, he's done that trick before and it's paid off, but today he did it in his own penalty area and it didn't. It was suicidal football by Stearman, we were lucky that Paddy was alert and prevented the goal. Stearman needs to learn when and when not to do these tricks, and Paddy was right to have a go at him.

Yeh he was right to shout and McCarthy did well to clear it just grabbing him round the neck i personally thought that was too far...

funny how i didnt see McCarthy do it to dublin when he made that mistake at watford :D

yeah was good to see him show some real passion, maybe Stearman was a bit scared but he deserved it as that was the worst thing to do when the whole kop are shouting GET RIDDD!!! he made up for it with his solid 2nd half display though.

This debate reminds me of a question some weeks ago about who was the best full-back, Stearman or Sheehan.

I hadn't seen Stearman that often at the time but, although he's extremely promising, I have to say that on the evidence I've seen so far, Sheehan is the more accomplished.

At least McCarthy didn't slap the back of Stearman's head as he did to Hume in the Brighton game (and that time it wasn't anywhere near our goal) ...

i didnt see that one

Well, he slapped him after shouting at him really badly at close range. It looked to me as if he'd lost it then.

I was taken aback. (Had I been in Hume's shoes, I would have hit back :P )

funny how i didnt see McCarthy do it to dublin when he made that mistake at watford biggrin.gif

He would not dare!!! It is not just a question of physical size, but the fact that Dion is his senior.

On the other hand, McCarthy considers both Hume and Stearman as being junior to him (and they also see themselves as junior to him).

His last 10?! More like every single one! :D

Not that I disagree with him.

I'd probably be a lot less agitated about this if SOMEONE linked to the club would give me a rational explanation. As it is, every recent selection at left back has been like voluntarily shooting ourselves in the foot before we start.

Sorry for joining this convo late!

I thought this incident was the low point of the game - Why wasn't McCarthy sent off? :mad: Hands around throat - I sincerely hope the club land him with a hefty fine

Stearman's confidence was shot after that - His next 2 or 3 moments on the ball were all disasters - I'm very glad that it didn't effect his whole game

McCarthy would do well to take a good look at himself - He made some fine howlers

Archived