Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Striker or Winger?

Striker or Winger?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. (after Tielemans) What’s the highest priority addition?

We need both but we need a winger for the starting 11 and a striker for the squad so a winger is more important I would say. 

I also think we need back up to Maddison and Tielemans (if he signs). 

I'd be happy with....

Justin

Tielemans

McGregor

Bowen

Sturridge

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We need both but we need a winger for the starting 11 and a striker for the squad so a winger is more important I would say. 

I also think we need back up to Maddison and Tielemans (if he signs). 

I'd be happy with....

Justin

Tielemans

McGregor

Bowen

Sturridge

Hopefully you mean Dean Sturridge?

We need a top winger regardless of whether people step up. We're talking about a back up for Vardy so it's going to be a younger guy or somebody with out that quality. 

Bottom line is, if Vardy is injured, we're screwed whether we add a new striker or not because we're not getting somebody of his level. We've been crying out for a decent winger for multiple windows even when Mahrez was here.

That's partly why I have 0 enthusiasm for signing Justin (even though he seems a decent buy). Knowing us that could result in us missing out on the wide player we need, depending on how much we have to spend.

Striker or Winger... I'm going with both. We might not need either if Vardy does what he does again this season and Gray gets his head together or Barnes continues with his development and stepping up each season.

However my reasons for both are as such

Striker - 

We need to look to the future and we will eventually need to replace Vardy, better to have an understudy NOW and bring in someone who can learn from the best. He is only an nasty injury away from us being right in the shit and a young-un who won't be complaining about being on the bench each week is a massive plus.

Winger - 

Barnes/Gray making the grade is not a guarantee (in fact its as much of a hope where Gray is concerned) ... if our expectations this season are to be whats been rumoured then we surely need cover for this position. I personally wouldnt mind buying experience in this role. 

Guest SO1
33 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We were linked with Nathan Pepe last season, he would have been top quality and able to play both roles. For a club like ours we need to ahead of the curve and spot these players a season before the big clubs. 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/leicester-have-enquired-for-lille-forward-nicolas-pepe/

In my dreams. Your right . We need to be two or three years ahead of that curve. Kind of threw me off watching him being so tall and having that level of technical ability and speed.

Imagine three of him in a team.

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Pedants corner

What is a center forward?

Must be a term the English coined, now used only by backward Americans … “soccer” type thing.