Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

You know the answers to these questions, you just reject them.

As I said in the Sci/Tech thread, no longer interested in discussing this with you as it is a waste of time.

And there goes the debate... Who's the more open one between the two of us now?

Either we start a reasonable discussion, we start buying into the hysteria hype or we just don't talk at all.

I know which of these three approaches fits best for everyone.

14 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Pizza Express struggling under a mountain of debt.Yet another restaurant chain in deep trouble.

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, just read that. They're paying nearly £100m a year in interest alone on a debt of more than £1bn.

Mental

If Pizza Express folds, will it change it's name to Calzone Express?

• Haha 3

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-vatican-pompeo/pompeo-blasts-china-over-uighur-muslims-during-vatican-visit-idUKKBN1WH18J

How about neither, Mr Pompeo?

The worst atrocities in history have been meted out in the name of a god or an entity who thinks they are one.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49981806

Not surprising, but the stakes are rising.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-vatican-pompeo/pompeo-blasts-china-over-uighur-muslims-during-vatican-visit-idUKKBN1WH18J

How about neither, Mr Pompeo?

The worst atrocities in history have been meted out in the name of a god or an entity who thinks they are one.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49981806

Not surprising, but the stakes are rising.

Quick reminder that everything's fine and besides Hillary would have been the worst president ever and the USA would be experiencing unprecedented political chaos under her while every young child in the country gets brutally raped underneath a pizzeria by her paedophile backers.

Guest MattP
11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Trudeau gets asked about apologizing to Africa/the Middle East for his blackface moments - then the android PM's circuit board overheats:

lol

He's now also decided to label 17.4 million British people as "alt-right".

Really hope the thick, virtue signalling **** gets booted out of office but the opposition appears to be so bad he's going to get away with it.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Really hope the thick, virtue signalling **** gets booted out of office but the opposition appears to be so bad he's going to get away with it.

It's just altogether ugly over in Canada right now - and it could get even uglier:

https://buffalochronicle.com/2019/10/07/trudeau-is-rumored-to-be-in-talks-with-an-accusor-to-suppress-an-explosive-sex-scandal-that-may-force-him-from-office/

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Sadly a case of "not all Brexiteers are alt-right but all alt-righters want Brexit"; those things are different and should not be confused.

He's spot on with the womens and LGBT rights issues, though.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

Guest MattP
16 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Unbelievable. 

He really is no better than the people he claims to oppose, like Trump. His fan boys are just as bad as well - it seems you can do whatever you want in 2019 providing you pretend to care about the planet.

Just now, MattP said:

Unbelievable. 

He really is no better than the people he claims to oppose, like Trump. His fan boys are just as bad as well - it seems you can do whatever you want in 2019 providing you pretend to care about the planet.

Oh, in his case it was certainly the name that opened many, many doors for him. I'm not sure Justin Trudeau ever had to work hard in his life, most of it must've been served on a silver platter. Coupled with an outgoing and attractive personality (the name must certainly have been a great pull for women), he could do no wrong, took what he could, no consequences for 30 years or so.

Privilege and all. And power.

The other candidates right now are all pretty bland, so my guess is Trudeau will get re-relected, sadly.

Actually took a look at Andrew Scheers record of late, and it seems that while he personally doesn't like the idea of gay marriage and some womens rights, likes creationists and seems to want to pull out of the Paris Agreement, he understands that there isn't a consensus that would enable him to apply any of it and so he wouldn't seek to. He also went after one of his party for refusing to take down a racist letter.

Compared to the US conservatives, that's practically progressive, or at least smart enough to acknowledge the current state of play.

14 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Trudeau gets asked about apologizing to Africa/the Middle East for his blackface moments - then the android PM's circuit board overheats:

lol

Guy is a joke thats for sure. I hate Canadian politics though for this reason never answering the bloody question. 

As for his fellatio allegations in that article who knows. Im always weary of these things so close to an election but at the same time given black/brown face scandal i wouldnt be surprised.

I dont care for NDP but Jagmeet is probably the best down to earth leader of the lot. He has 0 chance in the NDP party though. 

11 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Guy is a joke thats for sure. I hate Canadian politics though for this reason never answering the bloody question. 

As for his fellatio allegations in that article who knows. Im always weary of these things so close to an election but at the same time given black/brown face scandal i wouldnt be surprised.

I dont care for NDP but Jagmeet is probably the best down to earth leader of the lot. He has 0 chance in the NDP party though. 

What's worth noting is that the journalist in question was originally prohibited from attending the event, they needed a court order to overrule that decision:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rebel-media-true-north-federal-election-debate-2019-1.5312172

Notice how Bernier for example takes his time and politely answers the actual question during the Q&A in Montréal.

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49983357

And now he has the green light from his friend Don, Erdogan begins.

This could end up getting very nasty.

So now we want the US to be World's policeman do we? What an amazing coincidence that is as soon it's Donald Trump not wanting to do it.

Can't win can they? Castigated for intervention, castigated for non-intervention.

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

So now we want the US to be World's policeman do we? What an amazing coincidence that is as soon it's Donald Trump not wanting to do it.

Can't win can they? Castigated for intervention, castigated for non-intervention.

Well, considering there's a difference between applying careful diplomatic pressure to ensure someone like Erdogan stays in line and coming in with the heavy mob and the guided missiles and turning things topside up ala Saddam (which has repercussions partly being felt even here)...possibly so, yes?

I'm not really sure where the idea of people wanting total non-interventionism either diplomatically or militarily from the Western nations has come from, just a skilled diplomatic touch rather than going like a bull in a china shop.

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Great on him, but people shouldn't be pushed or elected based on their skin color alone. The most important factors should be ability, competence and honesty.

Hope he does well.

I hope he does too.

7 hours ago, MattP said:

There's a bit of nuance between "non-intervention" and abandoning your allies to be assaulted by the Turkish military.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

There's a bit of nuance between "non-intervention" and abandoning your allies to be assaulted by the Turkish military.

Well don't worry he might go back in soon and then we can all rally around telling him go home. 

7 hours ago, MattP said:

No we don't want them to be.  But once they have been involved in a country I think it's fair to expect them not to allow another nation to attack the ethnic group that helped defeat ISIS. Its literally unbelievable that anybody would attempt to argue against that - even the republicans seem to be pretty angry at this decision.  You really do take some hard to justify positions.  

Edited by HappyHamza
  • Like 1