Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

8 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

There's a bit of nuance between "non-intervention" and abandoning your allies to be assaulted by the Turkish military.

I'm not supporting the actions of Trump here.

Although maybe one positive of this is we can all seem what happens now when the USA just withdraws from geopolitik.

29 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm not supporting the actions of Trump here.

Although maybe one positive of this is we can all seem what happens now when the USA just withdraws from geopolitik.

Who's been demanding that Trump "just withdraws" US troops?  Who called for this?  You're right that most of the time the USA gets involved in the Middle East it's the source of serious controversy but I'm not sure I've met anybody who's disagreed with the need to take out ISIS and I've certainly never met someone who thinks that once they're dealt with, the local population who helped push them back should be abandoned to the mercy of a different aggressor with bigger and better weaponry than ISIS. 

There are many examples of the USA getting involved or even sparking conflicts that they had no right to, wanting stability to be maintained and allies to be protected won't change that fact.  It's almost like it's a complicated topic where individual instances can't necessarily be directly compared or held up to justify each other.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sgro-blackface-comments-singh-1.5314744

These are the brightest people  we have running our country....ok maybe not brightest.

Ffs

Ya know I've only voted for the NDP once in my life when I first was able to vote and felt all idealistic and whatnot.

I think it's time again.

We're turning into as big a joke as our neighbours to the south of us.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Ya know I've only voted for the NDP once in my life when I first was able to vote and felt all idealistic and whatnot.

I think it's time again.

We're turning into as big a joke as our neighbours to the south of us.

I feel you. I like Singh the most but the ndp policies meeeeeeehh lol. I cannot stand Trudeau he has to go and scheer is a bell end.

Sigh 

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

We all know blackface has mastered the art of the faux apology - but this is outrageous. Now setting up a couple of black children to try and earn some sympathy. 

He has absolutely no shame.

Edited by MattP

12 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49988482

Just another "lone wolf".

We'll have to wait and see whether he is part of an organized right-wing network or mainly a bloody idiot with a inferiority complex (and many more personal issues).

Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

We'll have to wait and see whether he is part of an organized right-wing network or mainly a bloody idiot with a minority complex (and many more personal issues).

I think it's possible it's both seeing as the former tend to attract the latter rather a lot to their cause...but yeah, we shall see.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Meanwhile in Australia, embedded "journalism" at its best - or worst:

Kids: We are the future!

Also kids: We're not going to have babies (until you give us what we want)!

And the slogans on some of these placards... :doh:

IMO slowing down population growth everywhere is a highly sensible thing to do (but it would have to be well-managed given generational number disparity later on that would cause attendant social problems of its own) so we can be sure what we have in terms of a final maximum world population being sustainable.

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Meanwhile in Australia, embedded "journalism" at its best - or worst:

Kids: We are the future!

Also kids: We're not going to have babies (until you give us what we want)!

And the slogans on some of these placards... :doh:

Unlike Sky News in the UK, Sky News here in Australia is a cesspit of right wing, climate denying “journalism”. Please don’t listen to them. There are a whole troop of these shock jocks peddling their misinformation nightly and I suspect skewing political and environmental debate here, all thanks presumably to our old pal Rupert Murdoch.

Having said all that, kids make a very easy target for these types, and some of the interviews, etc are somewhat cringeworthy. Nevertheless, many of them will grow up with very different views and priorities compared with previous generations. I sincerely hope that they will be able to sort out the mess that they inherit, and that any damage done by that stage will not be irreversible.

28 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Unlike Sky News in the UK, Sky News here in Australia is a cesspit of right wing, climate denying “journalism”. Please don’t listen to them. There are a whole troop of these shock jocks peddling their misinformation nightly and I suspect skewing political and environmental debate here, all thanks presumably to our old pal Rupert Murdoch.

Having said all that, kids make a very easy target for these types, and some of the interviews, etc are somewhat cringeworthy. Nevertheless, many of them will grow up with very different views and priorities compared with previous generations. I sincerely hope that they will be able to sort out the mess that they inherit, and that any damage done by that stage will not be irreversible.

I'm well aware of SkyNews Australia's political stance.

Isn't Kenny a more loose contributor and rather on the liberal side to the right? His political past suggests as much...

Still makes for an odd watch seeing ill-informed children losing it over something that might or might not happen and Oz's liberal media losing pretty much all objectivity in the process.

Also, 17-year old Mademoiselle Jeffreys surely isn't indoctrinated at all :whistle:, her own political ties make it all much more interesting...

Edited by MC Prussian

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm well aware of SkyNews Australia's political stance. Isn't Kenny a more loose contributor?

Still makes for an odd watch seeing ill-informed children losing it over something that might or might not happen and Oz's liberal media losing pretty much all objectivity in the process.

Also, 17-year old Mademoiselle Jeffrys surely isn't indoctrinated at all :whistle:, her own political ties make it all much more interesting...

To be honest I can’t say that I’ve noticed him before. His tone sounds very familiar though. The worst of them is probably Andrew Bolt, a total cvnt.

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Isn't Kenny a more loose contributor and rather on the liberal side to the right?

Always wondered what became of them after their dance craze died down......

......and after they were quite rightly killed for it..... 

Greta Thunberg was nominated for the Nobel Peace Price:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/oct/11/nobel-peace-prize-greta-thunberg-abiy-ahmed-jacinda-ardern-among-those-tipped-win-live-news

In what way is she promoting peace? "I want you to panic* (WEF Davos, 2019).

Jacinda Ardern was also nominated. Is this about promoting peace or promoting women because women? Woke culture corrupting what used to be a noble award.

These nominations are a joke.

Well, Henry Kissinger... :whistle: Exceptions prove the rule.

Prize deservedly goes to Abiy Ahmed (Ethiopia).

Edited by MC Prussian

23 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Great Thunberg was nominated for the Nobel Peace Price:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/oct/11/nobel-peace-prize-greta-thunberg-abiy-ahmed-jacinda-ardern-among-those-tipped-win-live-news

Jacinda Ardern was also nominated. Is this about promoting peace or promoting women because women? Woke culture corrupting what used to be a noble award.

Unsurprisingly, anti-Serb rhetoric has caused some to be livid about the nobel prize in literature being awarded to Mr Handke.... 

On 09/10/2019 at 17:24, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49983357

And now he has the green light from his friend Don, Erdogan begins.

This could end up getting very nasty.

The amount of US troops in the region was already pretty negligible (a maximum of 200 people), so in terms of manpower, it's questionable whether they would've made a difference in the first place.

Also, according to the Trump administration, half or slightly more than half of those 200 were pulled, it's not as if US presence is gone entirely.

Could be geopolitics, with Turkey trying to secure access to oil pipelines.

In any case, we'd better watch Erdogan now - Turkey could and maybe should face sanctions, and the EU is probably better off ceasing negotiations altogether.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The amount of US troops in the region was already pretty negligible (a maximum of 200 people), so in terms of manpower, it's questionable whether they would've made a difference in the first place.

Also, according to the Trump administration, half or slightly more than half of those 200 were pulled, it's not as if US presence is gone entirely.

Could be geopolitics, with Turkey trying to secure access to oil pipelines.

In any case, we'd better watch Erdogan now - Turkey could and maybe should face sanctions, and the EU is probably better off ceasing negotiations altogether.

I doubt they would have made much difference either, as you imply - I think the symbolism is what is important here.

Wholeheartedly agree with your second paragraph - the sooner Erdogan leaves office in the most humiliating way conceivable, the better.

22 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

We'll have to wait and see whether he is part of an organized right-wing network or mainly a bloody idiot with a inferiority complex (and many more personal issues).

22 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I think it's possible it's both seeing as the former tend to attract the latter rather a lot to their cause...but yeah, we shall see.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50011898

And that kindly answers that one...though as no group affiliation has been made yet the "mentally disturbed lone wolf" line can still be trotted out, I guess.

Edited by leicsmac

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50011898

And that kindly answers that one.

Err.. It doesn't. In the same article:

Prosecutors say it it is too early to say if he had accomplices and whether he was part of any far-right group.

He's only admitted to having an antisemitic motive, which points at a grudge held by a misguided fool.

As of right now, to me it looks more like somebody trying to do a copycat of the New Zealand shooter.

27 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Err.. It doesn't. In the same article:

He's only admitted to having an antisemitic motive, which points at a grudge held by a misguided fool.

As of right now, to me it looks more like somebody trying to do a copycat of the New Zealand shooter.

Fair enough - we'll go on assuming there is no kind of network that is directly responsible for inspiring these types of guys, then. Or there is a network, but it doesn't do any radicalisation that results in events like this.

NB. You should really wait a moment or two for edits before replying next time. ;)

Mac stop being stupid. A white guy can't possibly be a terrorist.  And how can he be inspired by a general global rise of regressive and extreme right-wingers when such things aren't real and only exist in the msm commie leftist propoganda? I know this because unbiased and highly reliable websites that look like they're still in the 90s told me.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Greta Thunberg was nominated for the Nobel Peace Price:

Glad Ahmed won it, I genuinely thought we were going to see the absurd spectacle of St Greta claiming this for her ranting.

Although it still wouldn't have been as bad as the time Obama won it for winning an election.

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

Glad Ahmed won it, I genuinely thought we were going to see the absurd spectacle of St Greta claiming this for her ranting.

Although it still wouldn't have been as bad as the time Obama won it for winning an election.

The Nobel Peace Prize has been something of a joke since Kissinger won it, tbh.

Best to focus on the actual hard sciences when it comes to such prizes, though Rosalind Franklin getting nothing after having her research nicked shows there's still problems with them, too. (Yes, I know she died before Watson and Crick won their awards and NP's aren't awarded posthumously but due the aforementioned nicking she likely wouldn't have been nominated anyway.)