Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Gist

best/worst away games

Just wondering what the best or worst away you have been are ... mine charlton away in the cup was a great day me and mates spent the day in london and looked round all the sites :D

Best - in terms of entertainment, Everton in 2003/2004 (3-2 with Rooney bagging the winner), Leeds (in the same season, Smith scoring the winner), and Reading away last season (Scowy!).

Worst - Sheff Utd last season.

BEST: beating Man United at old trafford (T Cottee 1-0) stayed in Manc Land overnight celebrating

WORST:same City different team losing 4-1 in FA Cup to Man City Oldfield scored stunner at 4-0 went mad but i was ill and the journey back on the bus was horrific! it was that rather than the game

Haven't been to many away games but:

Best: Highbury 2 seasons ago. We lost but it was a brilliant day. Arsenal finishing the season unbeaten and Dickov scoring so we were winning at half time was amazing!

Worst: Same season. At Newcastle. We not only lost 3-1 but on the way home, as some of you might remember, the coach broke down. We went into the services. Had Burger King and played a bit of pool. At 11pm we were getting worried. We hadn't seen a Leicester fan for a few hours. We heard that they had all gone to a pub. We went to the pub which was full of gordies and they told us that the new coach left at 8pm. We got home by taxi at 3:30 am. Leicester gave us signed shirts, gave us the taxi money and gave us tickets to the Arsenal game above! Terrible day but the outcome was pretty good.

Best 3-2 win at White Hart Lane on a Sunday, Gerry Taggart bagged 2. Chelsea 2-2 when we scored 2 in last 10 minutes and they couldn't win the league.

Worst, 4-1 at Notts County it was the Saturday after deadline day and our then record signing Mark Blake made his debut. 8,000 travelling fans and it was a disaster. Sheffield Wednesday 7-1 in the League Cup, arrived 15 minutes late due to bad traffic going to a Cliff Richard concert, it was 0-0 when I got in!!!

Best: Portsmouth the year we went up under Mickeh. Huge piss up and a good result, the walk back to the train station was interesting

Worst: Forest on a Sunday under little. On the way up we all thought we would get at least a point as everyone was fit. Got smacked 4-0 or 4-1

Orient away when we clinched promotion on the last day of the season, can't remember the year late 70s early 80s

Worst away has got to be Harlow in 1980 or Exeter in 1981 both FA Cup defeats Exeter went on to beat Newcastle 4-0 in the next round so i suppose it wasn't as bad as Harlow.

Orient away when we clinched promotion on the last day of the season, can't remember the year late 70s early 80s

Worst away has got to be Harlow in 1980 or Exeter in 1981 both FA Cup defeats Exeter went on to beat Newcastle 4-0 in the next round so i suppose it wasn't as bad as Harlow.

Exeter Exeter Exeter! My second team! My Mum is from Exeter. They always have been my second team. My third team is Morton in Scotland 2nd division. That's a weird reason though.

Best - Liverpool away, Boxing Day early 80s, won 2-1 when the Reds were mighty. Fantastic.

Worst - 3-3 draw at Man City in the late seventies. Evening game. Got beaten up afterwards, lost my mates and their Dad who was driving us back to Leicester. Lost for half an hour in the dark in the backstreets of Manchester (this was well before mobile phones) Scared absolutely s**tless

Best - Liverpool away, Boxing Day early 80s, won 2-1 when the Reds were mighty. Fantastic.

Worst - 3-3 draw at Man City in the late seventies. Evening game. Got beaten up afterwards, lost my mates and their Dad who was driving us back to Leicester. Lost for half an hour in the dark in the backstreets of Manchester (this was well before mobile phones) Scared absolutely s**tless

:( sorry to hear mate

Archived