Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Gist

best/worst away games

My best away game has to be a toss up between the Charlton FA cup game last season, and the 3-2 win at Derby a few seasons ago. It was my first ever away game, and it was our first points at all away from home for 9 months, against Derby, with a last minute penalty. Brilliant stuff.

Best - Blackburn Away 1st season under Brian Little, fantastic atmosphere, Roosters goal in front of the Leicester fans and a clasiic song to KD "He's gonna quit in a minute"!!!

Worst - Southampton away late 80's I've blocked the score from my mind but 4-1 rings a bell. Open end it rained, snowed and blew ice cold wind into us and the rossers wouldn't let us out early caus "we might go and cause trouble in town!!!!!" Three soaked speccies (2 lads and a girl) Copper logic!! Got stuck on the mway on the way home!!

Worst - Wolves 3-4 2003-04.

I was going through some serious issues at that time and looked to the FOXES to provide some relief. At Half-time they looked like doing so. The second half was so traumatic it took months for me to recover.

Shrewsbury 0-3 in the late 80s was also pretty dire.

Best - Derby 4-0 in 1998. I've never seen a home support so utterly shell-shocked.

Birmingham 1-0 in 2004 (1st win for months, in the first game post La Manga) was also pretty special.

Best - Charlton Away 2-1 in the cup or Derby away 3-2

Worst - Forest away 2-2 or Villa Away 3-1

I would probably actually agree on these. I was at all these games (apart from Derby away) and Durnerz is spot on.

The 4-2 win over Derby (4-0 up in about 16 minutes, on sky), the 5-0 Cambridge play off and the play off final wins/cup final wins must also qualify as top moments.

Similarly, final defeats, 4-3 beating by Wolves must have been awful.

Best

1) August 31st 1991 vs Southend - legendary day out.

2) April 26th 1998 vs Derby - anyone who was there that day will know just how it felt. The rest of you can only dream.

3) May 5th 1996 vs Watford - awesome day, took a non-Leicester supporting mate who got kissed on the forehead by a guy dressed as a monk when Muzzy scored the winner to get us in the play-offs.

Worst

1) February 6th 1994 vs Nottingham Forest (0-4 bastards)

2) August 22nd 1992 vs Notts County (only 'cos I got crushed against a barrier when the stewards opened another pen and loads of our fans rushed through the section I was stood in)

3) December 28th 2004 vs Sheffield United - waste of money.

• 1 year later...

After reading the '10,000 City fans at Luton' and 'Football's Hardest Away Days' threads, I thought I'd ask this:

At which game would you say we had our best ever away support (obviously I'm thinking in terms of atmosphere created and numbers)?

I would probably say Reading in the 4th round of the Cup a few years ago. About 3,500 of us turned up and sang the whole game - proper carnival atmosphere. And then Scowy popped up with a last minute winner and we all went mad. :D

Also my first away game. :cool:

After reading the '10,000 City fans at Luton' and 'Football's Hardest Away Days' threads, I thought I'd ask this:

At which game would you say we had our best ever away support (obviously I'm thinking in terms of atmosphere created and numbers)?

I would probably say Reading in the 4th round of the Cup a few years ago. About 3,500 of us turned up and sang the whole game - proper carnival atmosphere. And then Scowy popped up with a last minute winner and we all went mad. :D

Also my first away game. :cool:

was that Reading away (2-1)? If so, that was immense!

One I really enjoyed was Birmingham away the season we were in the Premiership. It was the match after the La Manga scandal, and all the Leicester fans were in place 1/2 an hour before kick off - the noise was non-stop including chants like "You couldn't score in La Manga ..." aimed at the Birmingham team. When we scored (Les Ferdinand if I remember correctly), Leicester fans went nuts. Brilliant! Loved it!

I was at the Charlton game as well. Great atmos...great result. Me and my nephew drove down and after coming out of the McCrap fast food restaurant our hearts were lifted seeing all the coaches pulling up. There seemed to be hundereds....a never ending stream. It made us both proud to be Foxes!

The 82/83 season was for me our finest away support season.

The stand out match for me being Fulham with Ian Wilson scoring the winner.

Five games to go and it was either City or Fulham going to take 3rd place and promotion but Derby beat Fulham on the last day of the season and we drew with Burnley to take 3rd spot.

Our away support for the whole season was superb though.

One I really enjoyed was Birmingham away the season we were in the Premiership. It was the match after the La Manga scandal, and all the Leicester fans were in place 1/2 an hour before kick off - the noise was non-stop including chants like "You couldn't score in La Manga ..." aimed at the Birmingham team. When we scored (Les Ferdinand if I remember correctly), Leicester fans went nuts. Brilliant! Loved it!

i was there too. a fat brummy in the next stand was trying to wind me up at half time shagging his hotdog. i pissed myself laughing when the cops threw him out. :D

Archived