Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

View from Sheffield.

21 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Meh.  I had to work with a deluded Wednesday fan when I was in Leeds...  None of them are worth the energy to hate :P

Wednesday fans would take me to Hillsborough if I was not travelling. The blunts are just cvnts.

They're a bit salty aren't they... 

reading through the comments they linked of Leicester fans, you can tell half listened or saw highlights. But they've taken them a bit too seriously... Funny they can't see the irony of how football fans can be extreme with opinions. 

22 hours ago, los dedos said:

Maybe I'm looking at it through blue tinted glasses , but at filbo it was always good for confusing the away fans with the extra long aaaaaaaarghs which were nearly always followed the whole of the Spion Kop singing an extra loud "Leicester, Leicester, Leicester Leicester " for that reason I'm in .

Plus it genuinely does affect some keepers. Rob Green a few years ago, anyone?

Find this thread a bit weird...

We spoiled their big day, and a pantomime villain heaped on the misery for them. So a pretty predictable reaction I'd have thought.

I lived up there in the early 70s and often went to watch them (my girlfriend at the time was a Blade). Apart from only having 3 sides to the ground I found it a fairly similar experience to going down to Filbert St.

On the whole their fans struck me as pretty fair - long-suffering, darkly humorous and pretty intelligent. Very much like Leicester fans at the time.

However, seemingly after several thousand years of stasis, human nature has changed radically over the past 15 years.

Must be the Internet (or something...)

• Like 1

On 26/08/2019 at 10:08, Suzie the Fox said:

A very interesting and balanced report of the game from a SUFC fan on their forums. 

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/united-1-leciester-2-report.74683/

Wont copy and paste as its quite detailed and long (prob will be a good 5 mins read) 

Thought that was pretty bang on. I wonder how their assessment of Henderson vs Schmeichel would play here though?

“[Henderson’s] kicking was poor again I felt – you look at the difference between him and Schmeichel in distribution and it is night and day. He started several counter attacks for them with throws and kicks. It is one area of his game he needs to work on.”

• Like 2

On 26/08/2019 at 15:17, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Hahah no way. It's an institution and however hard people try to gentrify the support it will remain :D

Yeah it isnt going anywhere. 

But I watched my first game live nearly 30 years ago and found it rubbish from the start. 

But to each their own my fellow Fox.