Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

View from Sheffield.

6 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Ah who cares, they are entitled to being miserable being northern :fishing::ph34r:

Like I said before, big, physical and a bit limited but tenacious and dangerous, with a decent sized ground and good support it seems.

This is certainly going to be an interesting season because who knows who is going down for certain.

What thread are they reading?! Bunch of weirdos as I swear on here most have been very complimentary of them! Makes me laugh tho as they say we are ignorant yet they say we won the league by hoofing it to Vardy and fluking it haha. I guess as lcfc big dogs we have to deal with these small clubs and their poor football teams nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had a read through their thread and I can’t understand why they’ve taken our comments so badly. Other than the odd comment I think most Leicester fans have been very complimentary of them. 

Walking back from the ground and in the train station I spoke to a few blades fans and we all seemed to agree that they were possibly a tad unlucky not to get a point, but they all saw us as a ‘top 8 side’ and so a ‘free hit’. 

• Like 2

Fascinating and encouraging.

I love how - based on lazy stereotypes only - they claim Chelsea have far more quality.  They have no idea how good we are. Which augurs well for other teams fans who'll also dismiss us as an Everton/West Ham upper mid table type team.

Fans might not know the level.our players are at - but professionals do. Vincent Kompany after THAT match last season saying, 'we've just beaten a top six side, coz that's what they are'

• Like 1

Deluded.

As many of you will know, I'm "pessimistic" and certainly not biased towards us at all but we controlled the game. There was 10 min spell where they were okay, in which they scored, but other than that we had more ball and better chances. Even in Wilder's post match comments he summed it up.

I don't think I've ever seen a team knock the ball out of play so much.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Fascinating and encouraging.

I love how - based on lazy stereotypes only - they claim Chelsea have far more quality.  They have no idea how good we are. Which augurs well for other teams fans who'll also dismiss us as an Everton/West Ham upper mid table type team.

Fans might not know the level.our players are at - but professionals do. Vincent Kompany after THAT match last season saying, 'we've just beaten a top six side, coz that's what they are'

Tbf we're not doing a great job of showing how good we are atm. 

I have faith in  Brenda to get it right though. 

Probably once Ayoze has been here long enough to drop for Barnes 

They’re a better team than given credit for. No individual standout players, just a solid side full of hard working lads. Tough to break down because of their 5 at the back. We are and were much superior to them. We controlled the game. Their own manager said they didn’t deserve to win so I don’t know why they’re getting their knickers in a twist. 

• Like 1

I think I understand where they are coming from. 

When Leicester were promoted back to the top flight after our decade absence, I expected some respect to remain from the O'Neill years and our top ten finishes and cup successes.  

This wasn't the case. Football fans are very tunnel visioned when it comes to their club, and hardly any PL fans had took any notice of what Leicester were doing while outside the top flight.

Instead, you hear the cliches about physical Championship football (which I think SU displayed tbh), long ball and injuries to small squads over the winter months.  I remember it being pretty infuriating.

I also think they have a point about how 'Billy Big-Bollocks' some of our fans are. Our success in 2015-16 is unprecedented in our history, and thinking we have some divine right for this to continue and thinking our PL status is secure is pretty delusional.  Although I think we are stable in the PL for a good few seasons to come, I also expect to see us back in the Championship at some point too.   In the same way that Leeds and Blackburn could not turn winning the league into becoming top-flight regulars in the long-term.

But back to the point. No-one shows respect to newly promoted sides in the PL. The respect has to be earned. And while I understand their frustration that their view of their club is not shared by the wider world, at the end of the day they have to suck it up and prove they deserve better.  

One irritation at their comments. How can one criticise Leicester on the one hand for embracing the new, ie, clappers, and in the next breath criticise Leicester for still chanting, 'you're shit - ahh', in other words, the chants we have done for donkey's years?  Make your mind up!

• Like 1

Love it when one clubs fans call other clubs fans deluded.  It's like a giant circle jerk of who is more deluded. Everyone pointing fingers at eachother.

Righhhhhhtttttttt.

Fact is every club has intelligent, sensible fans as well as moaners/tossers. (Except spurs fans they are all deluded lol). Lets agree to disagree on some things. Wish them well i think they have a decent chance to stay up.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 3

A lot of our team had an off day but we were still the better team and defended fantastically.

They didn’t offer much at all considering they were at home... their manager gave a lot worse criticism than any fans on here 😂😂

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Ah who cares, they are entitled to being miserable being northern :fishing::ph34r:

Like I said before, big, physical and a bit limited but tenacious and dangerous, with a decent sized ground and good support it seems.

This is certainly going to be an interesting season because who knows who is going down for certain.

I'll be stunned if Newcastle survives, for one.

They will do OK and probably stay up this season but overall I dont rate them. They're not pretty, very hard working but very ordinary side. We were cruising in 2nd gear and yet looked comfortable spart from the last 5-10 mins and even then it wasn't that hard. 

McGoldrick and Robinson up front though, goodness me.