Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fsdss

Away Priority Points Brackets

Just asking if anyone has been effected by the removal of the lowest bracket on the Away Priority Points this year? It could all be academic as it could be the tickets wont get released to the lower levels very often. Last year you could get priority on other STH's if you had 200 points. The levels have been raised and now the lowest level is 300 points. I have raised this with the Club and they were sympathetic but unlike to change things. If this is an issue for you and you would want the re-introduction of the 250 bracket it would be worth emailing the Club at [email protected]. This is what they responded to me;

"The reason we have done the point system with a bracket less is simply because there are more people in the top brackets than last season hence the removal one of the lower brackets.

For example, we have sold out to 300+ for all of the matches bar Chelsea so far this season, that one went to all season ticket holders and members.

The last thing we want to do is give supporters false hope, simply because, if the trends continue, the 300+ points will be the lowest it will go. There are nearly 5000 people in the brackets as it stands and will only   3000 tickets available for each match you can see it doesn’t meet demand.

However, having said that, I take your point on being the same as everyone else when it comes to all season ticket holders and you competing with some one who only has 100 points for example.

This is something we are currently looking at and will require further discussion internally.

This is very good feedback for us and something to add to the discussion."

I understand your point; but at the same time if they keep adding priority levels as points rise, the chances of any general STH or lower getting tickets reduces. 

As we go through the year hype will probably die down as games get moved for TV and there'll be more chances for lower down priorities to get tickets 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

Apologies yes 360. But it's still very low, baring in mind we gain 50 for renewing, it should have been closer to 380 this season. You could have sat on 310 last season gone to no aways and still now be 360.

Really those already above 330 last year that did all aways and gained 50 points are now realistically well over 400.

Be interesting so see if interest drops again if we have a down turn in form.

• Like 1

Last year as someone on less than 200 points I did 17 games away and Wolves in the league cup. Pretty good going admittedly. This year bar Chelsea it’s been almost impossible. Thankfully I’ve managed to come by a Manchester United ticket through the forum. Some of the fixtures being 3pm Saturday hasn’t helped with demand, and factors such as Sheff United being a popular trip and the Maguire factor with United has added to demand, as well as expectation for the side. I imagine Southampton away will be easier to come by. Just have to persevere. It’s a shame as it makes it harder for those to get the chance who want it. Great that we have a consistent away following, just don’t want it to be a closed shop

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Apologies yes 360. But it's still very low, baring in mind we gain 50 for renewing, it should have been closer to 380 this season. You could have sat on 310 last season gone to no aways and still now be 360.

Really those already above 330 last year that did all aways and gained 50 points are now realistically well over 400.

It would be interesting to know how many people are in each category. Sitting on 310 last season still represented having been to sixty away matches. Pretty solid!

I also find it odd that asa season ticket holder with little chance of away tickets, I can’t enter a ballot for away tickets that a member can......they have a greater chance of a ticket away from home despite spending a lot less up front.

can’t be right can it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

I also find it odd that asa season ticket holder with little chance of away tickets, I can’t enter a ballot for away tickets that a member can......they have a greater chance of a ticket away from home despite spending a lot less up front.

can’t be right can it?

A few games have gone to general STH, but I assume you didn't want to go to those games or maybe try? 

Chelsea went to members, if you'd tried you'd have probably got them. The more popular games will obviously go quicker due to demand. As the season progresses more will be released further down the priority list generally with a loss of hype and people not wanting to around Christmas etc etc 

Members get a ballot as on the whole they have a significantly lower chance of getting a ticket to any game.

Edited by UniFox21

5 hours ago, Bayfox said:

As much as your point stands, if you’re on 310 points last season you’ve been to your fair share of aways. 

The main problem is the 50 points per year for season ticket holders, which is skewing it unfairly. 

Those that go to the most away games should earn the higher priority. Somebody who's had a season ticket for years that hardly bothers with away games, maybe does one once every 2 years, will have a higher priority than someone who got a season ticket 2 years ago and has managed to get tickets for half the away games since. The second person will take years for them to catch up. 

4 hours ago, Snik-Snok said:

The main problem is the 50 points per year for season ticket holders, which is skewing it unfairly. 

Those that go to the most away games should earn the higher priority. Somebody who's had a season ticket for years that hardly bothers with away games, maybe does one once every 2 years, will have a higher priority than someone who got a season ticket 2 years ago and has managed to get tickets for half the away games since. The second person will take years for them to catch up. 

I believe the old away system from the Championship days is factored into it somewhere too. The Years might have passed now however it was at some point.

8 hours ago, FOXSE said:

It would be interesting to know how many people are in each category. Sitting on 310 last season still represented having been to sixty away matches. Pretty solid!

Over hiw many years tho. Because now it's a essentially a rolling total and they haven't lopped any points off for a few years now so you could have only done 4 or 5 aways per season but still get 50 points for not doing away games.

I mean it doesn't affect me, I've been on p1 since the season before our L1 campaign and I certainly don't want to do myself out of a shot at Europe again should we make it. But I can certainly see the system is heavily weighted in favour of those who have had season tickets for a number of years even if they never went away. As someone mentioned it almost becomes a closed shop.

And plenty of people also then will buy tickets to sell to keep themselves up there so they can hand pick games that suit.

Guest Cujek
13 hours ago, Bayfox said:

But if they didn't go away last season what makes you think they will go away this season. 

I understand the problem, but until there is a bigger away allocation, then someone is always going to miss out and that person is always going to think its unfair

Edited by Cujek
Words

39 minutes ago, Cujek said:

But if they didn't go away last season what makes you think they will go away this season. 

I understand the problem, but until there is a bigger away allocation, then someone is always going to miss out and that person is always going to think its unfair

Success. Not Claude:ph34r:

Guest Cujek
8 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Success. Not Claude:ph34r:

I guess you have a point it just didn't occur to me that you don't support your team because there is a douche in charge. 

If that was the case most of our last 25 we would have terrible support, oh wait... 

Just now, Cujek said:

I guess you have a point it just didn't occur to me that you don't support your team because there is a douche in charge. 

If that was the case most of our last 25 we would have terrible support, oh wait... 

Human Nature. I would guess more people are keen to attend if playing well, positive and expecting a result. 

Did you miss the melt down over tickets towards the end of the 15/16 season and  the CL games.

There were sometimes up to or above 100 people who brought CL tickets and then never collected. Now a handful I could argue, plans changed they couldn't find hotels, travel etc, but that's a big number that probably brought to keep points up, or sell on, however the club ****ed them over on that.

Anyway guess this arguement has been done to death over the years on here and the club are never gonna appease everyone.