Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Chilwell

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Linked with Man City and Chelsea in one of the papers today £50M.

wouldnt be too upset if he went if I’m honest.

we say that now... but we must not strengthen these teams. I have been critical of chillys ponderousness..failure to mix things up... and his tendency not to shift it quickly.  these things can all be sorted out.

keep him and sort him out

30 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Heard him speaking on 5 live (I think it was) yesterday and he said how Brendan has instructed him to come inside more and not stick to the touchline. Personally think he's much better when he stays out wide and uses his athleticism to get up and down the pitch and carry the ball.

Yes, posters seem to be forgetting that the way Chilwell is playing is the way Rogers has told him to play.

He used to break forward much more, and certainly can cross well. He is England's first choice Left back and wanted by Guardiola for his Galacticos of the north FFS!

His pass completion rate must’ve been woeful today. Almost willingly gave up possession as soon as it got a little tight. It wouldn’t be as bad if you knew what he was trying to do, but a lot of his balls forward and across are almost completely aimless. So frustrating to watch especially against a side like Liverpool where you’re working double as hard to win the ball back.

I fear he lacks the footballing intelligence that would ensure a much more complete player. 

2 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Yes, posters seem to be forgetting that the way Chilwell is playing is the way Rogers has told him to play.

He used to break forward much more, and certainly can cross well. He is England's first choice Left back and wanted by Guardiola for his Galacticos of the north FFS!

Completely agreed until you said he could cross well. His final ball is one thing that hasn't developed. 

18 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Today..top Team still didnt score because of Chilwell...

We lost,because my favourite Player (Albrighton) gave Away a stupid penalty...!!

Harsh fvckystuff...  Kasper dithered and Albrighton had to try and sort it out for the second time ..  and then that fvckin Mane dived. 

I dont blame Albrighton one bit.

Regards Chilwell I think he’s been off the boil for a while now ...   I think he misses Maguire.  Maguire used to burst forward then ping a very accurate pass that found Chilwell well up the pitch for him to race away with and get a cross in ...  either in one go or with a one two with a midfielder.   Cags holds back more for now (as instructed) and does a sideways pass to Chilwell and then waves his arms and tells him to run ...  Chilwell has no momentum and plays the ball back in or punts up the line ...    watched this happening all match the last time I went down.   Don’t miss Maguire but they did play well together and ..   for now ..  that isn’t there with Cags and Chilwell but will, I’m sure, improve with time.