Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Chilwell

Not the reason we lost but on a whole he was terrible. Mane had his number all game long and Chilwell knew it. 

I've said it numerous times before but his crossing is not even Sunday league standard it really is terrible for a professional footballer. He was the weakest link today gave the ball away continuously. 

• Like 2

His end product isn't great and it was especially bad today (as in legitimately garbage, must have had about 10% pass completion rate), but did people not notice how little build up play we carried down the left when we had Fuchs playing at the start of the season? I love Fuchs but he's not got the legs anymore to get up and down the touchline and fully support our attacking play. Chilwell's got a long way to improve and he might not be the answer long term, but he's not going to improve by sitting on the bench.

Still think it's a glitch in the matrix he's England No1 LB!

I thought at times in the second half he started playing to his strengths charging forward without using his brain (Lloyd Dyer style no one knows what he's going to do) and he improved going forward. 

In the past I thought Brendan being that stat man is trying to keep him away from the ball in dangerous areas. Today he seemed back to his usual "deer caught in the headlight" show in attack. 

He needs to carry the ball forward (the only thing he seems good at) but then check and play in a midfielder to lay on the assist or rotate possession.

• Like 1

Hate to go negative on any player. He really needs to do better or he needs competition in the squad.

Granted I haven't been watching him long. Can't understand the hype.

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Still think it's a glitch in the matrix he's England No1 LB!

I thought at times in the second half he started playing to his strengths charging forward without using his brain (Lloyd Dyer style no one knows what he's going to do) and he improved going forward. 

In the past I thought Brendan being that stat man is trying to keep him away from the ball in dangerous areas. Today he seemed back to his usual "deer caught in the headlight" show in attack. 

He needs to carry the ball forward (the only thing he seems good at) but then check and play in a midfielder to lay on the assist or rotate possession.

Agree completely. Just looks clueless when he has it. Unfortunately same as Barnes at the moment. No real vision once they are in dangerous area. At least no end product. Today Chillwell looked to just lump it forward hoping someone in blue would get a touch

6 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

I would quite like to see Justin given a go on the left. He did it for Luton nearly all season last year.

The gap between us and them is huge. No doubt Rodgers is looking at Justin everyday. Rodgers doesn't play specials and if someone else is looking consistently better in training they'll get match time to prove their ability. Love to get in Rodgers mind and see what he really thinks about Chilwell.  He needs to be pushed.

51 minutes ago, Shane said:

Got some harsh criticism today but because of the system we played he had no protection in front of him for the majority of the game.

He had to deal with both Mane and Salah and we were seemingly contempt allowing TAA to run up and down that wing unchallenged. 

A tough afternoon for Ben but it was more down to tactics rather than his own individual performance. He will improve once we switch back to 4-1-4-1 and play with proper wingers.

Sorry Shane but there's no defending Chilwell today.

He has been bang average since he returned to the starting 11.

Fuchs deserves to start over him atm.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The gap between us and them is huge. No doubt Rodgers is looking at Justin everyday. Rodgers doesn't play specials and if someone else is looking consistently better in training they'll get match time to prove their ability. Love to get in Rodgers mind and see what he really thinks about Chilwell.  He needs to be pushed.

Couldn't disagree more.

Chilwell is a potential £50-100m  asset and you'd be mad as a brush to let on your asset is shite. 

He'll play for now but he needs to go sadly. £75m would be great, and we could easily plug the gap with Fuchs and Justin and then reinvest in the squad as Brendan sees fit in the summer. 

55 minutes ago, DB11 said:

He had a poor game, accept that. But he's been good all season and he's easily our first choice LB - every player won't play well every game

You cannot be serious. He’s had a terrible season, been a massive disappointment. Bad in defence, bad going forward. Still strong in the air but that’s all. 

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Couldn't disagree more.

Chilwell is a potential £50-100m  asset and you'd be mad as a brush to let on your asset is shite. 

He'll play for now but he needs to go sadly. £75m would be great, and we could easily plug the gap with Fuchs and Justin and then reinvest in the squad as Brendan sees fit in the summer. 

I never said he was shite. If he really is worth that kind of money then that's what I'm missing. He sure doesnt look anywhere near as good as Ricardo.

Ricardo is worth that kind of money. I think what your saying is that you don't want to devalue an asset.

Don't know how that works for morale with Fuchs and Justin if they are performing better in training.

Edited by SO1

I agree you can't blame the lack of support in front of him, but him and Barnes just don't seem to have any partnership going either and if we're honest, Barnes had been largely disappointing since coming back from West Brom as well.

Edited by Sampson

Just now, Sampson said:

I agree you can't blame the lack of support in front of him, but him and Barnes just dint seem to have any partnership going either and if we're honest, Barnes had been largely disappointing since coming back from West Brom as well.

Barnes was literally playing on the other wing today. Against Newcastle they had a decent partnership.