Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

ITV could bring back Champions League

20 minutes ago, Manini said:

Have a weird nostalgia feeling around the Champions League being on ITV, I’ll be glad if they pull this off and start hosting it again. 

I also miss the champions league final being played mid-week. I totally understand why they’ve moved it to a Saturday night and it’s much better but I dunno, I just miss it being on a Wednesday night. Does anybody know the last time the final was played during the week? I feel like Chelsea V Bayern was on a Wednesday but I might be mistaken. 

deffo a saturday that, think the championship play off final was in the afternoon an that was in the evening 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

They could but wont

Yep, I miss the CL but I seriously can't see how they can pull this off. BT made a massive statement taking this away from itv and $ky and I can't see why they would let it go and surely they have the funds to at least outbid ITV. 

Unless they got into bed with $ky and did a deal to show 1 game a week or 1 a night I cant see how they can afford it.

I'd be pleased if they proved me wrong. But I just cant see it happening.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Yep, I miss the CL but I seriously can't see how they can pull this off. BT made a massive statement taking this away from itv and $ky and I can't see why they would let it go and surely they have the funds to at least outbid ITV. 

Unless they got into bed with $ky and did a deal to show 1 game a week or 1 a night I cant see how they can afford it.

If viewing figures are down due to not having the same exposure as the previous deal. It might be putting sponsors off and therefore accepting a slightly lower joint offer from sky/itv might still prove to be better commercially. Just a thought.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Not sure if it'd bridge the gap but surely ITV can demand more for adverts and sponsorships than BT can? There's still genuine value in being tucked into a primetime terrestrial slot.

Just now, Strokes said:

If viewing figures are down due to by not having the same exposure as the previous deal. It might be putting sponsors off and therefore accepting a slightly lower joint offer from sky/itv might still prove to be better commercially. Just a thought.

The same bloody time lol 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Well that's that then lol

BBC News - BT Sport retains exclusive Champions League rights in £1.2bn deal from 2021-24 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50431476

:angry:

BT almost cracked it with the European Football Show, having journalists is so much better than ex players but then they binned it off. They went the opposite way instead, getting the shouty twats like Savage and Sutton on instead of any good insight.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stadt said:

:angry:

BT almost cracked it with the European Football Show, having journalists is so much better than ex players but then they binned it off. They went the opposite way instead, getting the shouty twats like Savage and Sutton on instead of any good insight.

The Goals Show on Champions League nights is great and still my preferred viewing to any one game (unless Leicester qualify again of course). 

• Like 2