Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dormelcfc

Mahrez 'lost two years at Leicester'

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, nettle said:

WUM

Well it isn't an answer. It's a fair point in another context, but what did he achieve here in those two years compared to what he could have achieved if he'd joined a bigger club? A player of his ability shouldn't be hanging around mid table

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Walkers said:

Well it isn't an answer. It's a fair point in another context, but what did he achieve here in those two years compared to what he could have achieved if he'd joined a bigger club? A player of his ability shouldn't be hanging around mid table

You are right, he should be sat on the bench of a team below us in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cujek said:

You are right, he should be sat on the bench of a team below us in the league. 

And I'm supposed to be the WUM here?

 

Like I said, for someone you dont care about you sure show a lot of hate and bitterness towards him

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think some posters are doing a very good job of winding themselves up over this complete non-story.

It's a forum my mate everyone's entitled to an opinion that's what makes it tick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Well it isn't an answer. It's a fair point in another context, but what did he achieve here in those two years compared to what he could have achieved if he'd joined a bigger club? A player of his ability shouldn't be hanging around mid table

The plan wasn't for us to be hanging around in mid table though. The owners wanted to build and establish ourselves. Made some big signings, majority of which were awful, and had to sack our manager who unfortunately wasn't up to it a second season. We were in the champions League for god's sake. Ultimately the owners call, they made it and it didn't work out. Move on. Arsenal would have been a waste of two years anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

And I'm supposed to be the WUM here?

 

Like I said, for someone you dont care about you sure show a lot of hate and bitterness towards him

Sorry for the double post, but you edited after I replied to your first inane statement. 

 

What don't you get? 

 

I don't like anyone that has a bad word to say about us, whether it's true, a lie or what ever. 

 

Anyway I'm done replying to you now. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Walkers said:

And I'm supposed to be the WUM here?

 

Like I said, for someone you dont care about you sure show a lot of hate and bitterness towards him

Yep definitely the WUM 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foxer said:

The plan wasn't for us to be hanging around in mid table though. The owners wanted to build and establish ourselves. Made some big signings, majority of which were awful, and had to sack our manager who unfortunately wasn't up to it a second season. We were in the champions League for god's sake. Ultimately the owners call, they made it and it didn't work out. Move on. Arsenal would have been a waste of two years anyway.

Well Kante didn't hang around long and his reasons would be similar to what Mahrez has said here. We can plan all we want but fact is we are (and will be for a while) be a stepping stone for players. Champions league football next year may stall it for another year but do you really think Maddison for example wouldn't have his head turned if Man Utd came calling? This season may be looking better for us at the minute over Utd but long term they will more than likely have a more successful time than we do. Kante didn't want a year of CL football with us and chose Chelsea with no European football but anyone with a brain knew that long term it would work out better for him

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Well Kante didn't hang around long and his reasons would be similar to what Mahrez has said here. We can plan all we want but fact is we are (and will be for a while) be a stepping stone for players. Champions league football next year may stall it for another year but do you really think Maddison for example wouldn't have his head turned if Man Utd came calling? This season may be looking better for us at the minute over Utd but long term they will more than likely have a more successful time than we do. Kante didn't want a year of CL football with us and chose Chelsea with no European football but anyone with a brain knew that long term it would work out better for him

Kante never said a bad word about us though 👍🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nettle said:

Kante never said a bad word about us though 👍🏻

If you truly thought I was a WUM then why are you continuing this? IMO Mahrez hasn't said a bad thing here that isn't true, if you don't want to agree with that then cool. Wait til Adrien Silva leaves permanently to see how long it takes for him to come out and say moving here was a big mistake. Is that true or is it "true but how dare you badmouth my club" sort of true?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nettle said:

Kante never said a bad word about us though 👍🏻

Which is irrelevant because I still see posts on here bad mouthing him. Drinkwater and Maguire too. Too many of our fans love playing the bunny boiler jilted ex role. It's weird to be quite frank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

If you truly thought I was a WUM then why are you continuing this? IMO Mahrez hasn't said a bad thing here that isn't true, if you don't want to agree with that then cool. Wait til Adrien Silva leaves permanently to see how long it takes for him to come out and say moving here was a big mistake. Is that true or is it "true but how dare you badmouth my club" sort of true?

It's all speculation my mate we will have to wait and see what Silva says when he leaves. But we are talking about what Mahrez has said👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Which is irrelevant because I still see posts on here bad mouthing him. Drinkwater and Maguire too. Too many of our fans love playing the bunny boiler jilted ex role. It's weird to be quite frank.

I've never said a bad word about any of those players👍🏻 we are talking about Mahrez and what he's said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nettle said:

I've never said a bad word about any of those players👍🏻 we are talking about Mahrez and what he's said.

But I don't get why people are so triggered by what he's said. I feel sad that he felt that way. A little disappointed too. But angry? No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Well Kante didn't hang around long and his reasons would be similar to what Mahrez has said here. We can plan all we want but fact is we are (and will be for a while) be a stepping stone for players. Champions league football next year may stall it for another year but do you really think Maddison for example wouldn't have his head turned if Man Utd came calling? This season may be looking better for us at the minute over Utd but long term they will more than likely have a more successful time than we do. Kante didn't want a year of CL football with us and chose Chelsea with no European football but anyone with a brain knew that long term it would work out better for him

Yep, sad but true and something we'll unfortunately most likely have to deal with again soon. 

 

But it still stand by the fact that at the point he reckons he wanted to leave, arsenal weren't, in our owners minds, a better proposition for him. Why sell an asset when you don't want to sell when you want to achieve similar things to the club you're potentially selling to? 

 

Mahrez was unlucky it didn't go to plan here but is in a much better position now than he would have been by going to arsenal. Hence the whole arguement is baseless. (His, not yours) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

But I don't get why people are so triggered by what he's said. I feel sad that he felt that way. A little disappointed too. But angry? No.

As I've said before it would be nice if the guy was a bit more humble and looked on his time here in a more positive way surely that's not too much to ask is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what the fuss is all about.  He did miss out on 2 years at a tip club and instead had 2 years of transition with leicester.

 

He did want to leave but we kept him. Truth is no one know how things would have planned out if he left. Maybe our resurgence would have started earlier as we would have replaced him.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, foxer said:

Yep, sad but true and something we'll unfortunately most likely have to deal with again soon. 

 

But it still stand by the fact that at the point he reckons he wanted to leave, arsenal weren't, in our owners minds, a better proposition for him. Why sell an asset when you don't want to sell when you want to achieve similar things to the club you're potentially selling to? 

 

Mahrez was unlucky it didn't go to plan here but is in a much better position now than he would have been by going to arsenal. Hence the whole arguement is baseless. (His, not yours) 

Well you'll end up with someone feeling how Mahrez has described lol

 

Arguably yeah, but nobody knows how Arsenal would have done had he joined them. I wouldn't say he's good enough to completely transform them but yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nettle said:

As I've said before it would be nice if the guy was a bit more humble and looked on his time here in a more positive way surely that's not too much to ask is it.

He probably is, it's surely okay for him to just think that sort of thing like how you prefer him to keep his negative thoughts in his head right?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

He probably is, it's surely okay for him to just think that sort of thing like how you prefer him to keep his negative thoughts in his head right?

I'm not sure I understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...