Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Mahrez 'lost two years at Leicester'

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm sure that whenever he's asked about our title winning season he gives it chapter and verse with a huge smile on his face. But he was asked about the two years immediately after the title win, which for the most part (excepting the Champions League run) was a total anticlimax.

stop it WUM

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm sure that whenever he's asked about our title winning season he gives it chapter and verse with a huge smile on his face. But he was asked about the two years immediately after the title win, which for the most part (excepting the Champions League run) was a total anticlimax.

Maybe if he wasn't sat in airports looking for a move after signing a nice big contract on a decent wedge and putting a bit more effort in 

we probably wouldn't have struggled as much as we did.

7 minutes ago, nettle said:

Maybe if he wasn't sat in airports looking for a move after signing a nice big contract on a decent wedge and putting a bit more effort in 

we probably wouldn't have struggled as much as we did.

18 goals and 14 assists was a pretty good return for someone putting in no effort. Imagine if he'd actually tried.

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Think you're missing the point. He's moaning like a spoiled brat and citing his lack of career progression squarely on the shoulders of Leicester City. That 'isn't' as you suggest 'true'. I'm reasonably sure Leicester may even have let him go to Arsenal had a deemed suitable offer been made. Whatever, in the meantime, any reasonable individual,  having willingly signed a £120,000 a week contract, would have at least shown a shred of decency to his management by earning it. He didnt. 

His failure to be a regular team player at Man City can only be for two reasons as they still bought him despite his mythical 2yrs enforced incarceration with Leicester City didn't they, they being 1. He isn't as good as the other players there, or 2. His inability to work harder and improve like other players mostly do when they get there under the tutelage of a renowned world class manager. Marhez himself in recent interview admitted that Guadiola expected more from him than was demanded at Leicester (how bloody surprising). Marhez isn't playing regularly at Man City because put simply, Marhez isn't good enough and that is not Leicester City's fault. It's more of a pitiful excuse to blame anyone other than himself. Most people see straight through him.

I don't think anybody (except maybe himself, like most footballers they back themselves wherever they go) expected him to be a regular in that side. But Pep always rotates, look at the quality they have upfront? In a way he's lucky he gets the gametime he does, but he's hardly an outcast there.

6 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Bench willy puller.

🤣 😄

Perhaps after this, a fitting tribute to him next time he visits the King Power is, on the 26th minute mark,  get 30,000 fans to point at him on the bench and loudly engage in mock laughter! Should he be bought on as sub, bring Hamza on to man 'mark' him.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I don't think anybody (except maybe himself, like most footballers they back themselves wherever they go) expected him to be a regular in that side. But Pep always rotates, look at the quality they have upfront? In a way he's lucky he gets the gametime he does, but he's hardly an outcast there.

There's rotation and there's rotation, he's hardly part of the inner circle though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

18 goals and 14 assists was a pretty good return for someone putting in no effort. Imagine if he'd actually tried.

Most of the goals and assists came 17/18 season when he wanted his move and he was actually trying 👍🏻

Just now, nettle said:

Season 16/17 after the title season he got 6 goals and and 3 assists good effort that man👍🏻 

And the season after 12 goals and 10 assists.

I'm not happy with what he has said, but I'm not angry either. This idea that he should be grateful to us, that he owes us, is utter nonsense. Leicester City and Riyad Mahrez were good for each other. He was far better than we had any right to expect a £400,000 signing to be. We certainly don't win the Premier League without him. We made a shit tonne of profit on him, which has allowed us to invest in the excellent young squad we now have. I feel that the hate he's getting is OTT.

That's me done. I've made my last post in this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm not happy with what he has said, but I'm not angry either. This idea that he should be grateful to us, that he owes us, is utter nonsense. Leicester City and Riyad Mahrez were good for each other. He was far better than we had any right to expect a £400,000 signing to be. We certainly don't win the Premier League without him. We made a shit tonne of profit on him, which has allowed us to invest in the excellent young squad we now have. I feel that the hate he's getting is OTT.

That's me done. I've made my last post in this thread.

And on this note, I’d close the thread :thumbup:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, foxer said:

Yep, sad but true and something we'll unfortunately most likely have to deal with again soon. 

But it still stand by the fact that at the point he reckons he wanted to leave, arsenal weren't, in our owners minds, a better proposition for him. Why sell an asset when you don't want to sell when you want to achieve similar things to the club you're potentially selling to? 

Mahrez was unlucky it didn't go to plan here but is in a much better position now than he would have been by going to arsenal. Hence the whole arguement is baseless. (His, not yours) 

... Mahrez does not see it that way!! 

Just reading his comment, he is also having a go at Pep for his prolonged duration on the bench. When it comes down to it he hasn't the intelligence or foresight to evaluate his career and to compartmentalise that part of his career in order for him to move on. 

He is not the only player not to get the big move when they asked for it. If United had not upped their offer Maguire would still be here. We would all have backed Top and Rudkin and we would have been right. What ever Arsenal offered was clearly not enough, Mahrez views it from his point of view, the truth is the other side of the coin. 

• Like 1

I just googled him and didn't realise he'll be 29 in February.

I was gutted to see him go but it's now looking like good business by us to get £60m for a player 15 months away from his 30's and considering how we've kicked on without him. Man City were the only team prepared to pay that sum and they won't get much of a return on a player who was their record transfer buy and is a solid squad player rather than a first team player. It's worked out pretty well for us as he agitated for a move and there was only one buyer.

I can still only wish him well though as he was magnificent here especially in that title winning season when he played like Lionel Messi. 

On 11/11/2019 at 13:52, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Don't believe the article? It's full of first hand quotes from him? 

"For me, it’s clear that I lost two years at the highest level" 

Or are you saying they made the quotes up? 

The “journalist” grabbed quotes from a third party, from an interview conducted in a foreign language. So, yes, they are entirely fabricated. They might bear a resemblance to what he said, but who knows? Moreover, who cares?

9 minutes ago, hackneyfoxx said:

Wonder if he doesn't get game time at Man City and decides he wants Champions League next year and wants to come back, whether Rogers would have him....we have a Kante replacement but he would improve the team   - or would the danger of his  sulkiness disrupt the balance..?

Not sure Rogers would to be honest. He doesn't work hard enough during a match. That's what all this boils down to really, and why he's not one of the first names on Pep's team sheet.