Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Mahrez 'lost two years at Leicester'

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

And to elaborate, that's exactly why he doesn't get in for me. The pressing and intensity of our game is what makes it click, and you don't get that from him. Mahrez doesn't fit into the ethic of this team because he's powderpuff at best and lazy at worst. We got away with it with Danny Simpson because he was a pure defensive RB, but thinking of the space we'd leave behind with him in front of Pereira is frankly terrifying. We'd have to change the way we play just to accomodate that, which is unthinkable to me.

I just read an article the other day where Steve Walsh said exactly this.

"When you have someone like Riyad Mahrez playing in front of you, you don’t want Danny bombing up and down. Danny was a great defender when it was one-versus-two, because he had so much practice at it with Riyad in front of him."

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The closing sentence of the article linked in the OP says a lot to me...

" They put that money to good use in the end, and now find themselves second in the Premier League under Brendan Rodgers, a point ahead of a certain Riyad Mahrez’s side."

:)

On 12/11/2019 at 20:42, Walkers said:

Well Kante didn't hang around long and his reasons would be similar to what Mahrez has said here. We can plan all we want but fact is we are (and will be for a while) be a stepping stone for players. Champions league football next year may stall it for another year but do you really think Maddison for example wouldn't have his head turned if Man Utd came calling? This season may be looking better for us at the minute over Utd but long term they will more than likely have a more successful time than we do. Kante didn't want a year of CL football with us and chose Chelsea with no European football but anyone with a brain knew that long term it would work out better for him

If we achieve champions league football bext season, that will enable us to keep our squad together and attract a higher quality of player, we will be an attractive proposition,  that in turn will give us a great opportunity to achieve champions league football again. We had a big opportunity to really push on when we won the league but we blew it, I honestly didn't think we would have that chance again but it looks like we could, I don't think we'll cock it up this time.

We have a chance to establish ourselves as a top club, hopefully we can shrug off the little club mentality. 

Edited by joachim1965