Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Mahrez 'lost two years at Leicester'

I ****ing love Mahrez but you can't defend that. Such weird comments considering he's got his move to a team far far better than Man City. 

In the last three years, Arsenal have finished 5th, 6th and 5th, playing in the Champions League once (They lost 10-2 to Bayern and we made the quarter finals).

Does he really wish he'd have three years under his belt at Arsenal rather than an extra two here and one at Man City?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Give your head a wobble mate ,skill is one thing being a total dick is another. He wanted out our great club maxed what they got. Disruptive petulant and more importantly the worst kind of role model for young Leicester fans. My view is good riddance you have made your whingy  French bed now lie in it 

I do not disagree with you. I preferred to use terms such as unprofessional and over inflated opinion of himself, but Dick, w*nker and not to mention ungrateful tw*t all apply.  His behaviour was, and is, that of the worst kind of egotistical snowflake brat. I would like to credit the majority of youngsters with enough intelligence to see through this and realise that throwing a mardy fit does not get them what they want (All it ever got me as a kid was a thick ear from my dad and being told that if I ever wanted to make anything of myself I should grow up. the world does not owe you a living)

Why didn’t you leave?

Leicester blocked me. They said to me: ‘You shall not leave! You shall not leave!’ My agent had spoken with Wenger who really wanted me, it was nearly done with Arsenal in the summer of 2016.

... Arsene Wenger was pretty hands on with purchasing new players! 

He had a value that he believed to be reasonable and would not deviate in anyway to compromise in getting the deal over the line. If we (LCFC) were asking more than he  (Wenger) would sanction then he would not move from his original offer. 

Arsenal have let a  plethora of world talent slip through fingers because Wenger would not compromise. 

33 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Why didn’t you leave?

Leicester blocked me. They said to me: ‘You shall not leave! You shall not leave!’ My agent had spoken with Wenger who really wanted me, it was nearly done with Arsenal in the summer of 2016.

... Arsene Wenger was pretty hands on with purchasing new players! 

He had a value that he believed to be reasonable and would not deviate in anyway to compromise in getting the deal over the line. If we (LCFC) were asking more than he  (Wenger) would sanction then he would not move from his original offer. 

Arsenal have let a  plethora of world talent slip through fingers because Wenger would not compromise. 

So what he's saying is his agent and arsenal nearly had a deal but we stopped him going. I didn't think clubs were allowed sort out deals without the selling clubs permission and the reason the agent becomes involved is to bypass the ruling. Arsenal should be done for tapping up because the player is admitting it happened. 

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So what he's saying is his agent and arsenal nearly had a deal but we stopped him going. I didn't think clubs were allowed sort out deals without the selling clubs permission and the reason the agent becomes involved is to bypass the ruling. Arsenal should be done for tapping up because the player is admitting it happened. 

He certainly seems to be suggesting that he and his agent agreed everything with Arsenal but were cruelly thwarted when Leicester didn't agree to whatever paltry offer Arsenal made (and you just know it would have been derisory). So he's basically annoyed that we didn't cave in and let him go for significantly below market value to a rival team. In which case he's a bit thick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Give your head a wobble mate ,skill is one thing being a total dick is another. He wanted out our great club maxed what they got. Disruptive petulant and more importantly the worst kind of role model for young Leicester fans. My view is good riddance you have made your whingy  French bed now lie in it 

He helped us to create history...if takes all types,including those who Chose other destinies,and those who have difficult characters........!!

i didnt like how we have handled Ulloa or some other players promises.....Mahrez delivered in his first 3 years,he Never Let is down,until that Action of ultimatum, But how it was done we also felt Let down....but who are we,to make demands.......!!!!

How many of us have decide to walk,when the Management didnt listen......Fans are snowflakes and hypocritical....!!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

25 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He certainly seems to be suggesting that he and his agent agreed everything with Arsenal but were cruelly thwarted when Leicester didn't agree to whatever paltry offer Arsenal made (and you just know it would have been derisory). So he's basically annoyed that we didn't cave in and let him go for significantly below market value to a rival team. In which case he's a bit thick.

See that's my point. Okay, tapping up goes on, but don't openly admit it in order to dis' your old club. What are the future consequences for remarks that suggest we would't let Mahrez leave? I think the club have grounds for getting arsenal docked a few points and therefore giving us more of a chance of retaining our position in the league. Tapping up is very serious in the eyes of the Prem and FIFA if found to be guilty.

https://www.lawinsport.com/content/sports/item/tapping-up-in-football-complying-with-domestic-and-international-transfers-rules 

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Love Mahrez for what happened during his time but once the champions league season was over he was a right tw@.

He is gone, and as much as he has a magic touch i dont care so much for his career. Goodluck, i moved on. Glad our team has as well.

I concur, had actually forgotten him to be honest until this, nothing like disrespecting the club that helped to make you.

1 hour ago, nettle said:

I think he wanted Arsenal more than Man city reading between the lines. If he'd gone to Arsenal he'd probably play week in week out but I don't think he's quite good enough to play every week for Man city. 

His missus wanted the Arse ...  London ....  the place to be seen ...   best night clubs ... shopping etc etc etc ...     ain’t anyone worked out yet ...   she pulls the strings.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Pretty much sums it up.

Mind you wasting 25million on Slimani who looked as though he was was brought partly so Mahrez would have a friend to hang out with wasnt the wisest thing we have done.

What I don't get is that we did him a massive favour stopping him going to arsenal, who have been just a cup team fighting team for the last 10 years. 

He should be thanking us big time that he ended up at Man City, albeit more often than not, not featuring in the first eleven

Seriously if the article is true, he has come over as a totally disrespectful knobhead. I get people want to move on, but don't slag off previous employers who treated you very well and furthered your career bigtime. Don't think we'll be seeing him during half times at the KP once he's retired!

A usual there's a right way and a wrong way to do and say things, Mahrez and his advisors or agent seem to always go the wrong way, good player, poor attitude towards thoes who got him to where he is now, Without Walsh, Pearson, Rudkin and Vichai i really dont think he would have made it it to riches of the Premier League

1 hour ago, nettle said:

I think he wanted Arsenal more than Man city reading between the lines. If he'd gone to Arsenal he'd probably play week in week out but I don't think he's quite good enough to play every week for Man city. 

Algerians ****ing love Arsenal too.

2 hours ago, nettle said:

Yeah, he seems to have an ego like a hot air balloon these days, must hurt his pride to be 4th choice behind Sterling, Sane and Bernardo Silva but the fact is he offers way less in general play than those 3, the odd worldie can't mask that.

And it's no good blaming us for it Riyad - you're not good enough to be given a free role at Man City like you were here and you've had long enough to adapt.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

His missus wanted the Arse ...  London ....  the place to be seen ...   best night clubs ... shopping etc etc etc ...     ain’t anyone worked out yet ...   she pulls the strings.  

Sounds like that wasn't the only thing she was pulling.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7644137/Riyah-Mahrez-furious-wife-Deontay-Wilder-flirted-nightclub.html