Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

3-0 Newcastle Post Match Thread

35 minutes ago, Corky said:

There was a moment in the first half where you could make out a chant of "Jamie Vardy, your wife is a grass".

I doubt he was even in the ground! He's absolutely rustled this league in the past five years, what a man.

Yeah could definitely hear it, on more than one occasion, too. 

He's the best rustler and has earnt the right to be it. Not as if he scores the odd goal here and there and is still a **** in other fans' eyes. He's got the reputation for being one of the PL's top strikers and is also a massive twat in their eyes. But he's our twat :D 

Guest An Sionnach
13 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Brendan’s gamble against West Ham now looking like an absolute masterstroke.

I actually think that the back three worked even better, Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans , Fuchs , Chilwell proved to be a really solid back line and with Ndidi's ball winning meant that Newcastle ( even before the injuries) could not retain possession and allowed Maddison to be a proper play maker.

23 minutes ago, copunk said:

Its been said already, and granted i was watching it on telly, but i couldnt believe how quiet the ground sounded, was it as bad live for those that were there? Genuinely could only hear our lot singing 

In fairness, most fans are fairly quiet when being absolutely spanked.    (or even when you've all got this horrible, sinking feeling, that it's just a matter of time)

We didn't make much noise at home to Liverpool the other week, once the 2nd goal had gone in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I actually think that the back three worked even better, Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans , Fuchs , Chilwell proved to be a really solid back line and with Ndidi's ball winning meant that Newcastle ( even before the injuries) could not retain possession and allowed Maddison to be a proper play maker.

I thought we lacked fluidity in the early stages .....seemed a bit too mechanical ..... not convinced but might be a thought against Man City/liverpool or away in the CL dropping the wing backs to a back five 

23 hours ago, Corky said:

The stats for their games are remarkable given their results. I think the expected goals stats had them winning one match this season and losing 15. Their attack produces next to nothing and the defenders have been the prolific scorers.

It sounds about right. My Geordie mate has put £100 on them to go down following the weekend. Consensus amongst their fans is that they've been largely dire and keep fluking wins. I do actually think they're a very good bet to drop.

Far too many people were sticking the boot into Benitez too early as well. He got that rabble to the top half and actually finished there.

Guest An Sionnach
21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I thought we lacked fluidity in the early stages .....seemed a bit too mechanical ..... not convinced but might be a thought against Man City/liverpool or away in the CL dropping the wing backs to a back five 

If Pereira and Chilwell can start to make forward runs and Maddison or Tielmans  can find them then attacking the opposition byline can be a real weapon for us. They will probably have to cover a lot of yardage but that's what wing backs do.

On 02/01/2020 at 10:44, Nicolo Barella said:

I think we did Hassenhuttl a favour tbh. Really gave him the opportunity to lay into his squad and change things up.

He said something similar in an interview last week, that the embarrassment made them have a long look at themselves and they couldn't let it happen again. 

• Like 1