Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

3-0 Newcastle Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Cough cough Southampton cough 

Arguably easier today. After scoring the way we did in the 1st half at Southampton we kinda kept our foot on the pedal and pushed for more. Today we just switched off, put in a very controlled and mature performance and took it easy. Couldn't have asked for really after the last couple of weeks and the next few weeks ahead of us. 2 perfect results and players have had a much needed rest 

• Like 1

Delighted with that performance. In truth a very easy game where we had complete control of the game from the off. Ironic that we scored through one of their mistakes rather than cutting them open, but you make your own luck and we fully deserved all 3 points today.

77% possession away from home despite playing in second gear. Delighted for Hamza to get his first senior goal too, what a strike!

Perfect few days - 6/6 away from home, showing we can win without Vardy, using the depth of the squad and breathing life into a few squad players’ seasons, as well as trying out a different shape. We are showing we can win in different ways with different players which really bodes well - admittedly we’ve played two god awful teams. The perfect reaction to two tough games against Europe’s elite, and delighted for Hamza too.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't want to count any chickens but I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that the top 4 positions are now to be contested by just five teams.

Wolves and Spurs losing leaves a 15 point gap.  Can they overturn that in 17 games?  I'd say no way.  

Just need Arsenal to beat United now.

Think you’re right Dave…

Fivethirtyeight have us at 91%

it would have to take a massive change in fortunes for us to miss out on champs league

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

6AAF7CB8-A73F-4193-AA1F-13C7A37EF119.jpeg

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 3

Guest An Sionnach

Rodgers knows now he can alter his starting eleven to suit the opposition and get a cohesive , controlled performance. At the end we had five defensive players and two wing backs but it made no difference to our total dominance.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

3 points, our key player rested and all results going our way.

What a start to 2020!:beer:

Most of the players can be considered rested after today, only played 45 min at full speed!

Great result and, along with the win at West Ham, takes some of the pain of those 2 defeats away. 

All things considered, it could have been a lot worse had our heads dropped from the losses to City and Liverpool. But max points from 2 consecutive away matches, also a great mental boost.

Roll on 2020!!!!

Edited by Kendal Fox

Great performance today, held and passed the ball well. We rested quite rightly to preserve a few players and a good day for most of the fringe players who took part. A little surprised we didn't play Justin as I thought Ricardo had a tight hamstring, so hopefully he will be fresh for Wigan. One thought about this is the stupid fixture schedule. The Schar injury benefitted us, but players playing 3 games in 6 days is not right, at this level. 

Edited by oxtonfox
spelling

4 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I think we deliberately took our foot off the peddle second half in order for players to perserve their energy for an extremely busy January. We deserved that luxury - result was never in doubt when Newcastle went down to ten men.

So pleased for Hamza and all the fringe players who are getting a run out. We are going to need a big squad next season.

Exactly this. No point pressuring ourselves when the job is done. If it was still 0-0 then I'd guarantee the team and Rodgers would have pushed on for goal(s). 

We did the hard work in the first half by imposing ourselves controlling the game and getting the goals (with some help from their defence). 

As noted already, the best thing here was that this was almost like a rest game.  It’s hard to imagine having to work less I’m a league game then this - even before going down a man Newcastle offered no resistance and was pretty much in damage control mode.

With Vardy semingly scoring immediately each time his wife is mentioned by opposition fans, and now Hamza responding to the boos with a belter, it might be time for our rival fans to consider their options slightly better, when attempting to "get under the skin" of our players...

3 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

With Vardy semingly scoring immediately each time his wife is mentioned by opposition fans, and now Hamza responding to the boos with a belter, it might be time for our rival fans to consider their options slightly better, when attempting to "get under the skin" of our players...

Nah they can carry on doing it :D

6 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Bar  Hamza strike, that 2nd half was about the dullest half of football I've ever seen. Utterly pointless 45!! I wonder if Rogers sent a message out to conserve energy as it was like my dad's over 65s walking football

The old guys in the library however disagree