Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

3-0 Newcastle Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

Reality is we are a better side, only that inner Leicester voice is telling you to be cautious. If we don’t finish top 3 I’ll eat own testicles. Not because I’m a lesbian transformer fluid neutral... bit because I’m that confident. We’ll finish north of 75. Who cares what Liverpool or City do.

We could finish 3rd with about 63 points...

you have to ask do we need a new cb with fuchs 

ive always said when he loses a bit of pace he would make a great cb in a 3 . he can defend ,tackle,cover,pass the ball and bring it out and has a great free kick on him and shot ? 

quite liked that 3-5-2 today it took some pressure off chilly and teams wil now think twice about playing down his side all the time 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach
10 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

you have to ask do we need a new cb with fuchs 

ive always said when he loses a bit of pace he would make a great cb in a 3 . he can defend ,tackle,cover,pass the ball and bring it out and has a great free kick on him and shot ? 

quite liked that 3-5-2 today it took some pressure off chilly and teams wil now think twice about playing down his side all the time 

Spot on.

I liked the 3-5-2 today mainly because it helps address the problem we have with the lack of quality wingers in the squad. Perez is certainly a striker and not a winger and it allows Maddison to play in a central role. 

We need to sign someone better than Fuchs long term but I would like us to persist with this formation. 

Very comfortable and competent performance. Obviously we'd a man advantage for the 2nd half but it wouldn't have made a difference to the result. 

Understandable if we were conserving energy in the 2nd half but I can't help but be a bit disappointed it was only 3-0, as ridiculous as that seems. 

Others results today certainly advantageous to us consolidating top 4. Everton unlikelyto get anything off Man City but hopefully Arsenal could from Man U

3 minutes ago, String fellow said:

When I said we're on target for 81pts, it was based on the extrapolation:- (38/21) x 45pts = 81.428pts. It wasn't based on a direct comparison with the points gained after 21 games of that amazing season. 

I must of extrapolated...when I got my 4 kids in different locations....

Normal service resumed.

After my 2 games spew - Which was correct and justified - Doesn't matter how good the opposition were - We weren't good enough ourselves!

(Anyway that's going over old ground)

We were improved and quite impressive given the amount of changes against West Ham and we were great again today, in the first half anyway, thought the second we eased off, alot, whether that was because they were down to 10 or not I don't know, can't believe it was for that reason given the comment during/after the Southampton game but we were good and it was convincing.

Seems like the season (League wise) is going into abit of a stutter with all the cup games then winter break coming, atleast their will be other games to watch/focus on unlike when there are no games during an international break!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

10/10 from Brendan today imho. New formation looked great. Selection spot on. 77% possession, 800 passes. Perfect.

I think that makes us only the fifth team to make 800 or more passes in a PL match. I wonder what our possession percentage was in the second half, got to be close to 90%.

• Like 1

Controlled, composed, comfortable - that Joelinton howler aside. Gifted two goals, but dispatched them ruthlessly. Conserved energy second half, and what a way to net your first senior goal and quieten the Toon to boot. We’ve managed the squad well over the last week, and showed character to come back from the Liverpool game. It’s also shown that we have the ability to manage without Vards for a couple of games should the situation arise later in the season

Tielemans was poor first half but he improved in the 2nd. Created a lovely chance for Gray who scuffed it in to Perez and then right at the end showed a surprising turn of pace to take a ball up pitch on the attack. Still somewhat below what he is capable of and I believe this to be poor form over fitness, just gotta ride it out. He's still an integral cog in this team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1