Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

3-0 Newcastle Post Match Thread

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

Nice of Leicester to give fans access to a training session.

I don't want to see Ayoze Perez on the wing ever again, the position he played today is by far his best, as I said at half time, watching him today was like watching peak Shinji.

I'll have to give Ndidi MOTM though, in defensive situations he is always there, he just mopped up everything today.

My only concern from today is the form of Tielemans, another bang average performance from him, sloppy passes and wants to spend too much time on the ball.

That's his main issue, he doesn't seem "sharp", often recently getting caught out on the ball.  Reacting late to 50/50's also hence the recent rash tackling. 

• Like 2

Tielemans has been frustrating because he can seem slow and ponderous in possession sometimes but he still regularly shows brilliance, impacts games. Tbh some of the criticism seems to go a bit far, as above we're very lucky to have him and Maddison in same team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Amazing that since our hammering Southampton has played well and just beaten Spurs. Was it a blip against us or we were really good?

Tell you what, regardless of that - how well have they done to not let that just completely finish their season. Mentally that must have taken so much to regroup. Not to mention do it with the same manager. Fairplay

• Like 1

Anyone notice that the three players they spent the game booing all scored lol

If anyone tells you there are no easy games in this league just refer to that. I don't feel like we got out of second gear and we still won 3-0.

They're abysmal and in real trouble I think. Can't help but feel they've been quite lucky this season.

Bruce is an experienced manager. How do you let that happen with injuries? That isn't solely bad luck. Abysmal.

We will get top 4 with ease. Nobody 4th down is anywhere close to us in terms of quality or consistency.

Fantastic bounce back after the Christmas howler. I fancy another winning run here which ends in a draw at Molineux.

Onto Wigan, but it's the Villa game I'm excited for.

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Tell you what, regardless of that - how well have they done to not let that just completely finish their season. Mentally that must have taken so much to regroup. Not to mention do it with the same manager. Fairplay

They were very poor and down to 10 men early but in 50 years of watching football I have never seen as team as ruthless as we were that night.  Having said that I wonder if we did them a favour giving them a bit of a wake up call because they have improved massively since then. It was also good to see that the board didn’t react by instantly sacking their manager which some (ahem, Watford) would have done.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Goober said:

Watching the highlights back, even though he was below par today Youri still played a huge part in a couple of big goalscoring chances for us and nearly got one himself. What a ****ing luxury it is to have both him and Madders in the side

Gerry Taggart gave him MOTM yesterday. 

9 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Amazing that since our hammering Southampton has played well and just beaten Spurs. Was it a blip against us or we were really good?

I think we were really good and everything b we did and tried came off. Think Southampton were equally as bad as we were good. 

our passing and movement was unbelievable and I believe we would of beaten any team including Liverpool that night we were that good 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Brendan’s gamble against West Ham now looking like an absolute masterstroke.

Thought this too. Plays in to our hands for them to be fit enough to play against Wigan then we go full strength against Villa in the Cup. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Anyone notice that the three players they spent the game booing all scored lol

If anyone tells you there are no easy games in this league just refer to that. I don't feel like we got out of second gear and we still won 3-0.

They're abysmal and in real trouble I think. Can't help but feel they've been quite lucky this season.

The stats for their games are remarkable given their results. I think the expected goals stats had them winning one match this season and losing 15. Their attack produces next to nothing and the defenders have been the prolific scorers.

There was a moment in the first half where you could make out a chant of "Jamie Vardy, your wife is a grass".

I doubt he was even in the ground! He's absolutely rustled this league in the past five years, what a man.