Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

3-0 Newcastle Post Match Thread

missed the match today with a hangover woke up to Hamza smashing it in to make it 3-0, might watch the full game highlights later.

sounded like a solid performance and cementing our place in the top four even further with the other results that have gone our way.

Brendan working his magic, what a team we have here.

• Like 1

We play with such authority against the sides outside the usual top six or seven at the moment (barring Norwich), to go away, win 3-0 and barely break sweat is ridiculous.

Two brilliant goals to cap a fine performance.

• Like 1

Impossible to score properly today it was that easy.

Some of the covering from Fuchs in the first half was great. Nacho and Perez running and pressing was impressive too. Gray when he came on I thought was really busy and was making some great runs but at a time in the game we were controlling it and probably weren't looking for the ball forward as often, I wonder if it's time to start Gray next game against Wigan and rest Perez.

Such a weird game

Like Villa away, just watching the first 10 mins told you all you needed to know...that there was only going to ever be one winner

As great as we were today, I’m shocked at the shitness of Newcastle. We’ll never get an easier away fixture than some we’ve had this season, this one included.

Finally, again... I’m convinced we look a better side when Pérez is in it.

Edited by Col city fan

First two goals from pressing, glad we resumed some pressing again.

My initial thoughts were, we had a lot of possession but doing nothing with it.  For much of the game they had more shots than us.

But starving the opposition of possession makes them rash in possession and gives your own team confidence, then if you press, you see the result.

I would like us to do a bit more forward passes though.

Edited by Chrysalis