Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Burnley match tread.

Something happened at around 50 minutes. Might be Burnley upped the physicality, but we went full on hoof.

Very worrying, but suspect we need a calm head in the middle of the park.

Mendy was decent.

Maddison poor today, had a great chance to lay it off and chose to shoot.

If he is turning into a show pony, a spell in the stables will do him good.

Just now, ultrafox said:

What's going on?

I thought Rodgers said the team were going to work twice as hard as when they played Southampton.

That was worst imo. Frustrating stuff.

Nothing was as bad as last week, but I honestly can’t see where the next win is coming from.... players look far too complacent and lazy...

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

We.missed Wilfred today.  Mendy although not bad, he is no Wild.  He was passer by

I think Mendy has done a decent job but absolutely we have missed Wilf the last few games.  Without him, the difference is clearly seen.  But we deserved to win today. Had loads of chance - Maddison wasted a few with soft touches; Vardy obviously missed a spot kick; Pope was inspirational for Burnley.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

We are a better team with YT in it. Needs to play! We offered absolutely nothing before he came on (Again!) 

id honestly rather play king than mendy.  What does he actually do? Really frustrating game.

barnes the only positive 

I don't understand BR need to play either Praet or YT. I think we can do with both. Drop maddison for YT and play Praet in the bottom of the diamond. 

I thought we were really unlucky. We played much better today than we have for a while, so that's a plus in my book. But for Pope having a brilliant game, and some resolute defending, we would have won that. Clear handball, IMHO, that we ought have had another penalty for, but that's the way it goes. We miss Ndidi, we're midfield light without him (and that's with no disrespect to Mendy)

Not happy with the result obviously but an improved performance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Buggsteam said:

Won’t finish 3rd keep playing like this every week. 

Teams like Burnley, Southampton etc 

we should be beating if we want a top 4 finish. 

Why should we? Every team has a poor patch? We're no different to spurs in the last few years. We arent in the title race. We arent battling for fourth we're inbetween and these patches happen. TO EVERY TEAM. 

Wonder if man city fans are having such a meltdown :rolleyes:

Despite having all the chances, it seemed garbage again, poor decision making, poor defending, they literally had 2 good chances that came from our poor defending and that was it!

We need to start showing our quality and killing these crap teams off, had the chance today and messed it up big style, really was shocking in that sense! They were nothing special at all, goalkeeper gets man of the match that says it all!!!

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Vardy could sit on the halfway line eating a bowl of cereal the whole game and some people will blame the service for him not doing anything. Sometimes you got to say it as it is. He was poor! 

I’m sorry but you don’t score 17 PL goals if your poor. 

Frustrating again! Why do they no longer press? I don't get it at all, we got to this league position with a high press and fast fluid football but everything is so slow and careful at the moment.

Probably the correct decision to start Praet again, but he's a bit too safe at times, we don't half miss Youri's forward passing (when he's on his game).

Iheanacho has to start next game, we look much better with him going forward.