Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gamble92

BBC Radio Leicester Coverage of Helicopter Crash up for award

Unpopular opinion alert. 

I don’t see anything wrong with him being nominated or indeed winning an award. 

Some of his conduct comes across as very unsavoury and self serving, yes, I’ll give you that. I can do without hearing about his onion sandwiches, calling his listeners ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, commenting on whatever that kid has been up to and his general childish demeanour (I hope the LCFCTVHD crew rescue Pipes soon). Just commentate on the ****ing game Ian.

But on the other hand I personally felt he conducted himself very well over the coverage of the tragedy and did a truly professional job in what was obviously a very difficult time for anyone connected to the club. I appreciate people have a more cynical view than I but I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 3

Geoff’s statement that he read out on TalkSPORT announcing Vichai’s death gets me every time I hear it. The way his voice breaks at the end is just heartbreaking and it sounds a million times more genuine than Stringer’s self-serving piece. I think whoever added this to the nominations should’ve given it a swerve, it doesn’t feel right to me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

the anti Stringer obsession borders on weird.

It’s almost like the Off button on people’s radios are broken.

That said, I can’t stand awards at the best of times - and awards linked to disasters are particularly foul.

• Like 4

I have a habit of occasionally listening to other local radio phone ins on BBC sounds after games (when we’ve won).

They all have their cringeworthy callers but Radio Leicester seems to have gone off on a totally different tangent to everyone else. RL seem to have gone for very youthful presenters and they probably just represent the age we’re in, it’s all about clicks, likes, shares and followers. 

They’re certainly a long way from Uncle Nev Foulger.