Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

FoxesTalk Strava virtual running club

23 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Let me know what you think regarding running to an audio book. I love listening to music whilst running but haven't tried listening to anything else

Most podcast apps are completely free if you want to try something different, and there really is something for every interest. I wasn't a big fan of audiobooks as I felt like I had to pay attention to get the most out of it whereas I tend to zone out a bit when I run so I'd get to the end and not have a clue what just happened in the last chapter. With podcasts its nice just having some background chatter I can dip in and out of as I please.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Most podcast apps are completely free if you want to try something different, and there really is something for every interest. I wasn't a big fan of audiobooks as I felt like I had to pay attention to get the most out of it whereas I tend to zone out a bit when I run so I'd get to the end and not have a clue what just happened in the last chapter. With podcasts its nice just having some background chatter I can dip in and out of as I please.

I might try listening to the next episode of the peter crouch podcast when I'm running to see what thats like, if not I'll just stick to my music lol

1 hour ago, Xen said:

1 hour ago, Ian W LCFC said:

I might try listening to the next episode of the peter crouch podcast when I'm running to see what thats like, if not I'll just stick to my music lol

Just went out for an hour and 10 mins and listened to Adam Buxton interviewing Tim Key - was very amusing and the miles just melted away!

A day for falling over…. I got ready and fell down my stairs (slippers fell off!). It properly knocked the wind out of me and I had to sit down for a minute…

It was beautiful out today, but, the ground was knackered and cow poo everywhere!  Managed to slip and thumped straight into a pool of slurry!  Mmmhhh juicy!!!

4F1FBD29-5E2B-4406-BEB0-9A7D1D0EBDB6.jpeg

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Does anyone have any of the Aftershokz Aeropex bone conduction headphones? I'm looking at getting something lightweight and these keep popping up but they're not cheap so looking for some feedback. Is the sound good? Do they fit tight during runs? 

Got ‘em and they’re ok…. Sound is never going to be great…. But they are safe

just got some Jabra 65t active and they are amazing…

EDIT - just checked and they have used like new Jabra’s on Amazon Waterhouse for £65  which is pretty keen…. Considering they’re £129 new

Edited by Wolfox

35 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Got ‘em and they’re ok…. Sound is never going to be great…. But they are safe

just got some Jabra 65t active and they are amazing…

EDIT - just checked and they have used like new Jabra’s on Amazon Waterhouse for £65  which is pretty keen…. Considering they’re £129 new

Thanks mate, really appreciate the info. £140 does seem steep for the Aeropex so I'll definitely have a look at the jabra's :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Thanks mate, really appreciate the info. £140 does seem steep for the Aeropex so I'll definitely have a look at the jabra's :thumbup:

Ah…. I didn’t read the Aeropex bit…. I just had the jawbones!  A lot of people rate them but I thought the sound was a bit naff personally…. The Jabras have a hear through mode id you’re around busy roads

41 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Ah…. I didn’t read the Aeropex bit…. I just had the jawbones!  A lot of people rate them but I thought the sound was a bit naff personally…. The Jabras have a hear through mode id you’re around busy roads

Ah OK cool. Jabras might not work for me, not sure if I have weird ears or what but all the in-ear styles just fall out whenever I run. I need something with a tight band that wraps/clips round my outer ear if that makes sense? 

1 hour ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Ah OK cool. Jabras might not work for me, not sure if I have weird ears or what but all the in-ear styles just fall out whenever I run. I need something with a tight band that wraps/clips round my outer ear if that makes sense? 

Yes it does….  However the latest in ear models are different to ones I’ve tried before and haven’t had a problem with these popping out…  I swore by wired  on ear AKG’s which lasted for years and got incredibly sweaty!  Maybe go down that route??? (Bluetooth if you need it to)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

10 mile run this morning 

Groby, Ratby, Kirby Muxloe, LFE, Braunstone, New Parks, Glenfield back to Groby

bloody hard work this morning - didn’t feel good at all

Great job!

Was supposed to be 10 for me as well, but missed my longer run last week so upped this one to 16 to make up for it. Straight through from Loughborough to Nottingham then got the train back (made it with 1 minute to spare - lucky as the next one back wasn't for another hour). Very little sleep the last few nights so was on autopilot for most of it. At least the weather was perfect for a run - makes a nice change from running in a downpour or into a headwind lol 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Xen said:

Great job!

Was supposed to be 10 for me as well, but missed my longer run last week so upped this one to 16 to make up for it. Straight through from Loughborough to Nottingham then got the train back (made it with 1 minute to spare - lucky as the next one back wasn't for another hour). Very little sleep the last few nights so was on autopilot for most of it. At least the weather was perfect for a run - makes a nice change from running in a downpour or into a headwind lol 

Good effort bud. :appl:

• Thanks 1

Looks like entries for the Markfield 10k (19th April) will open on the 19th March. Closed to LRRL club runners only, but I think there's a few of us on here anyway. Anyone run it before?

Pretty close to my marathon (2 weeks between the two) but I think I'm going to enter and hope I'm recovered enough by then. Will be interesting to see how much speed I've added (or not!) over the last few months of higher mileage. I had a flat and fast 10k (Silverstone) right before I started marathon training so it'll be a nice benchmark to try and beat on a presumably slightly tougher course.

Well done all

one run for me this week as had a bit of a cough and a temp (yes a I know, I know!!!)

Hope to be back out again next week - was doing Joe Wicks. Aerobic workouts on YouTube today!  - pffft - I can feel it in my legs

well done to Sian, Ryan and Marvin our top 3!

9131FB7B-9A5B-40F9-8B3F-D33B59FE0116.jpeg

• Like 3

Been in a bit of a mental funk since Friday. Found out Manchester was cancelled (although that was no surprise) and then cba to run on Friday, then skipped Saturday as I planned to do a marathon distance this morning, solo, so thought of it as a mini-taper. Woke up and zero motivation whatsoever so sacked it off to stay in bed. Not knowing whats gonna happen in terms of quarantines etc is making it REAL hard to find the (mental) energy to go running... Blah.

27 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Well done all

one run for me this week as had a bit of a cough and a temp (yes a I know, I know!!!)

Hope to be back out again next week - was doing Joe Wicks. Aerobic workouts on YouTube today!  - pffft - I can feel it in my legs

well done to Sian, Ryan and Marvin our top 3!

9131FB7B-9A5B-40F9-8B3F-D33B59FE0116.jpeg

Ryan will be back on top next week as I’m having an easy week and keeping the mileage low!

I needed a decent run today as my head is just not in the game at the moment. I struggled to do parkrun yesterday and seriously thought about f*****g my ultra off. Today was a day where the fuelling went to plan and I managed to talk myself out of my wobble. I need a marathon now though so going to see if I can hunt out a low key event 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xen said:

Been in a bit of a mental funk since Friday. Found out Manchester was cancelled (although that was no surprise) and then cba to run on Friday, then skipped Saturday as I planned to do a marathon distance this morning, solo, so thought of it as a mini-taper. Woke up and zero motivation whatsoever so sacked it off to stay in bed. Not knowing whats gonna happen in terms of quarantines etc is making it REAL hard to find the (mental) energy to go running... Blah.

I’m gutted about Brighton as even though I’m about distance at the moment, I feel good enough to finally get a marathon right.

Enjoy a break from it all and then crack on with the LRRL races to bring the fun back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, waddadamadda said:

Ryan will be back on top next week as I’m having an easy week and keeping the mileage low!

I needed a decent run today as my head is just not in the game at the moment. I struggled to do parkrun yesterday and seriously thought about f*****g my ultra off. Today was a day where the fuelling went to plan and I managed to talk myself out of my wobble. I need a marathon now though so going to see if I can hunt out a low key event 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Only if I actually get back out running!

Definitely a weird time for anyone who's race-focussed atm. Nothing major going ahead and even casual and smaller-scale events like parkrun are under threat. I do most of my runs solo so it wont change much (as long as we're still allowed out...) but without a definitive end goal its gonna be tricky finding motivation to keep my mileage as high as it has been lately.

1 hour ago, waddadamadda said:

#Machine!