Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

Club Brugge apparently interested in signing Romo and Sowah

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-midfielder-top-clubs-summer-wishlist-foxes-demanding-necessary-millions-transfer/

Leicester midfielder ‘at the top’ of club’s summer ‘wishlist’ – Foxes ‘demanding necessary millions’ for transfer

On Thursday, we covered a story in Belgium about the future of Kamal Sowah.

The Leicester City midfielder is currently out on loan at OH Leuven until the end of the season, where he has excelled this season with eight goals and six assists in 34 league appearances.

He’s started every single one of those, and their manager, Marc Brys, made it very clear he would like the young Ghanaian to stay with the Belgian club for another season.

It was explained Sowah was ‘hot on the market’, and Voetbal24 in Belgium reveal why on Friday.

It’s stated that both Rafael Romo and Kamal Sowah are ‘at the top of Club Brugge’s wishlist’, with the Jupiler Pro League ‘already knocking’ for the Leicester loanee.

They were ‘sent to walk quickly’ since he’s still owned by the Foxes, and ‘it will not be easy to separate him from there’, as the Premier League club ‘demand the necessary millions’.

It’s unsurprising that Club Brugge want one of the better performers in the league in their squad, but if they want the Leicester starlet, it appears they’ll have to pay up.

• Like 1

Can't see us selling Sowah to Club Brugge unless they offer silly money. 

I'd imagine he will come and pre-season with us allowing Rodgers a good look before the club decide what to do with him.

Got a feeling we may see him on loan to the Championship or a PL team so he can adapt to life in the UK if Rodgers thinks he worth holding onto.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Gotta take Voetbal24 with a pinch of salt, as it's quite a garbage website. Club Brugge were interested in Sowah last season actually, but they were pretty much laughed off by Leicester. I don't think that situation changed really. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I can't speak for everybody, but personally I'm very happy with King Power.

Many of our fans were corcerned that we would become Leicester's B-team or a club that would only have Thai players. King Power made it clear from day one that they only had good intentions with our club and in my opinion they delivered. They took their time rebuilding our club and hiring the right people to run day-by-day operations. Meanwhile they also spruced up our stadion (especially the pitch) and gave both our training facilities and youth center a major upgrade. In total, King Power has already invested € 43.500.000 or £ 37.374.176,81 in our club. This includes the €7.500.000 (£6.443.823,59) they paid to buy our club.

The biggest mistake they made thus far was the whole situation with Nigel Pearson. I said it before that I completely understand why he was hired, as he was very succesful with Leicester, but he clearly wasn't the right man for us and he should've been fired much earlier. KP learned from their mistake and listened to the Belgian board members to hire someone who knows Belgian football. That's how we first got Frank Vercauteren and Vincent Euvrard and then our current manager Marc Brys.

There was a lot of scepticism when King Power took over, but it seems that even the biggest doubters are now convinced that KP can lead us to great things.

We all hope that the COVID restrictions are lifted when the new season starts so we can all go to the stadium to cheer on our team. We also hope Khun Top will be there so we can show him our appreciation for what he has done for our club thus far.

I love what KP have done for you guys and since we have become related I keep an eye out for OHL but I gotta admit I did get slightly bit jealous when you said you wanted Khun Top at your place 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I love what KP have done for you guys and since we have become related I keep an eye out for OHL but I gotta admit I did get slightly bit jealous when you said you wanted Khun Top at your place 😂😂

To be fair, Khun Top tries his best to attend as many of our home games as possible. If his schedule allows it and Leicester plays on a different day than us, he's present. Vichai did the same thing by the way.

Just another example of King Power's commitment to OH Leuven. 

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1