Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

7 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

It's official: OHL has just been promoted to the Belgian 1st division!!!

After numerous of court orders and complaint, the League had no other option as to promote both us and Beerschot. Waasland-Beveren is staying up as well.

This whole situation could've been avoided if the League used common sense!

We finally can start signing new players!

Huge Congrats

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

It's official: OHL has just been promoted to the Belgian 1st division!!!

After numerous of court orders and complaint, the League had no other option as to promote both us and Beerschot. Waasland-Beveren is staying up as well.

This whole situation could've been avoided if the League used common sense!

We finally can start signing new players!

Great news! What's the situation with the manager though? Didn't he get sacked? Any chance for a return for Nige?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStrJhIYYqAQE7oFG7owVX

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Great news! What's the situation with the manager though? Didn't he get sacked? Any chance for a return for Nige?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStrJhIYYqAQE7oFG7owVX

We sacked Vincent Euvrard on June 9th and brought in Marc Brys on June 16th, so a return for Nigel is highly unlikely to say the least ;) 

This is fantastic news! delighted for you!!!

I think we will always have a partnership but with you getting promoted to the 1st division i think we will be willing to loan you a higher caliber of payer. 

Just now, MPH said:

This is fantastic news! delighted for you!!!

I think we will always have a partnership but with you getting promoted to the 1st division i think we will be willing to loan you a higher caliber of payer. 

I agree.

We are looking for a goalkeeper and a central defender. Maybe Iversen and Benkovic?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I would say Iversen could be possible. No chance with Benkovic though.

Yeah, Benkovic was a bit of wishful thinking. Has he fully recovered from his injury? I saw he went on loan to Bristol City in January.

What about Fousseni Diabaté?

Edited by Bonanza

17 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Yeah, Benkovic was a bit of wishful thinking. Has he fully recovered from his injury? I saw he went on loan to Bristol City in January.

I think that would depend on if we could move him on for money. Id guess we would be trying hard to sell him along with Silva and Slimani. 

Realistic options probably include  Darnell Johnson, Luke Thomas (possibly, but his recent perfomances may attract championship clubs), Dewsbury-Hall, Knight, Leshabela, Hughes.  Probably Kaputska again if we cant move him on. In terms of keepers, if Iverson has already agreed to go to the championship, Bosworth would be a good shout (he's won academy player of the season for the last 2 years on the trot)

Of that list if you could get Dewsbury-Hall, Knight and Thomas, youd be very happy as these guys are all class and could eventually break into our first team. I think that after some of the players struggling to adapt in the past youd be unlikely to go for 3 english players though. 

Edit- Completely forgot the most likely of the bunch Ghezal. No way we are getting someone to sign him from us and on a 4 year deal. I'll call it early but he'll be in your team next season.

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

He seems to have recovered from his injury and if I remember correctly once he got a spot in the Bristol team he did very well. 

I don’t think you want Diabate, or at least not yet. Consistency wasn’t his thing. Tbh not sure how he has done with his loan but I don’t recall seeing any headlines about how he was bossing it up. 

fantastic news on promotion, that’s really good news. How many teams are in the top flight? And what do you think your goals for the coming season will be?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I think that would depend on if we could move him on for money. Id guess we would be trying hard to sell him along with Silva and Slimani. 

Realistic options probably include  Darnell Johnson, Luke Thomas (possibly, but his recent perfomances may attract championship clubs), Dewsbury-Hall, Knight, Leshabela, Hughes.  Probably Kaputska again if we cant move him on. In terms of keepers, if Iverson has already agreed to go to the championship, Bosworth would be a good shout (he's won academy player of the season for the last 2 years on the trot)

Of that list if you could get Dewsbury-Hall, Knight and Thomas, youd be very happy as these guys are all class and could eventually break into our first team. I think that after some of the players struggling to adapt in the past youd be unlikely to go for 3 english players though. 

I would love to see Luke Thomas in an OHL shirt, but maybe he's better of in the Championship. I saw his game against Sheffield. Lad's got a lot of potential!

If we would get any player(s) in on loan, all parties should get better of the deal. OHL should get a player that make a good contribution and the player should get the necessary playing time so he can develop. This would mean the player returns to Leicester more developed and ready for the next step in his career. No more George Hirst deals please ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

Personally I would be happy if we can fight off relegation this season.

I guarantee you that Top will do everything possible to prevent that from happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if has higher aspirations than just avoiding relegation.. he will want AT LEAST a top ten finish this coming season. he will financially back you, also.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

I’ve just read what this promotion has done to the Belgian second division (Division 1B) leaving it with six teams. 

A team who finished 14th in the third tier are promoted as they were the only qualifiers for a professional license (and the new club of Lierse). 

The eighth team is Club Brugge Under 23s as there is no club willing to make the ‘professional’ step 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

I guarantee you that Top will do everything possible to prevent that from happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if has higher aspirations than just avoiding relegation.. he will want AT LEAST a top ten finish this coming season. he will financially back you, also.

I'm not worried about Top and King Power. I am worried about our Director of Football Wim De Corte. We need good signings and we need them fast. But his track record hasn't been positive to say the least.

19 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

@Bonanza there's an article from Ghana from today saying Kamal Sowah is back at Leicester after two years at OHL, but I thought he was still with you and was going to stay for another season?

Here's the article: https://kickgh.com/more/ghanaians-abroad/10270-exclusive-ghanaian-sensation-kamal-sowah-returns-to-leicester-city#

I think Kamal is still with us until Sunday. We still have to play the 2nd leg of the final to determine who wins the league.

In our friendlies, Kamal was a part of our "starting eleven", so maybe he will return for another loan spell.

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve just read what this promotion has done to the Belgian second division (Division 1B) leaving it with six teams. 

A team who finished 14th in the third tier are promoted as they were the only qualifiers for a professional license (and the new club of Lierse). 

The eighth team is Club Brugge Under 23s as there is no club willing to make the ‘professional’ step 

This just goes to show what a mess they made over the last couple of months.