Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

57 minutes ago, MPH said:

Has Benkovic got any minutes? if not, this result might get him some minutes next week..

One of our central defenders (Jemelka) had to come off due to an injury and our manager subbed on Ouedraogo.

It seems very unlikely Benkovic will even play for OHL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

One of our central defenders (Jemelka) had to come off due to an injury and our manager subbed on Ouedraogo.

It seems very unlikely Benkovic will even play for OHL

Yeah that doesn’t look good...

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

OHL seem unable to defend and Benko can't get a kick, seems strange that he has not been give a chance. 

To be fair, our defensive problems are not really related to the (central) defensive positions, I feel it's a midfield issue. It's something that has been going on for a while now. Malinov out with injury today also didn't help. 

1 minute ago, KlaaZ said:

To be fair, our defensive problems are not really related to the (central) defensive positions, I feel it's a midfield issue. It's something that has been going on for a while now. Malinov out with injury today also didn't help. 

Fair enough, I've only watch highlights.

Just a shame to be slipping down the table after a great 3/4 of a season.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Fair enough, I've only watch highlights.

Just a shame to be slipping down the table after a great 3/4 of a season.

Yeah, it's not a great ending to the season but in fairness, if you'd have predicted a 10th place in advance, I'd have called you crazy so all in all, we can be happy overall I think.

Just five games too many, a lot of players who are in need of a long rest and a normal preseason.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Get Sowah back for our run in.

If you really want I'll bring him myself. I'll carry him on my back if i have to!!!

The lad had a great start of the season, but his form really took a nose dive at the end of October and he never really recovered. Today was another abysmal performance from him.

And yet, he plays 90 minutes...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bonanza said:

If you really want I'll bring him myself. I'll carry him on my back if i have to!!!

The lad had a great start of the season, but his form really took a nose dive at the end of October and he never really recovered. Today was another abysmal performance from him.

And yet, he plays 90 minutes...

I watch a lot of your games and I see enough there that he will be an interesting impact player under Rodgers. That game before the international break where he set up both goals and was so unlucky not to win it with the last kick of the game when he hit the inside of the post was a superb game from him. I thought he had a good game last week too.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I watch a lot of your games and I see enough there that he will be an interesting impact player under Rodgers. That game before the international break where he set up both goals and was so unlucky not to win it with the last kick of the game when he hit the inside of the post was a superb game from him. I thought he had a good game last week too.

I wish him nothing but the best and I really hope he succeeds at Leicester!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

Yeah, it's not a great ending to the season but in fairness, if you'd have predicted a 10th place in advance, I'd have called you crazy so all in all, we can be happy overall I think.

Just five games too many, a lot of players who are in need of a long rest and a normal preseason.

....it is the same for all teams...!!!

The team can not control a game and anyone they come across the struggle with. The amount of points they have dropped against teams near the bottom.

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

It's a combination of both.

I agree that our midfielders have to do better, but our central defenders are really our Achilles' heel.

If we want to compete for a playoff spot next season we need a whole new defensive line. Only Casper De Norre (LB) is good enough to be a starter.

Edited by Bonanza

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

what's the deal with Benkovic, does the manager simply think he's crap or was it because he himself didn't sign him?

A few weeks ago our Director of Football told this in an interview:

"Benkovic can't seem to get adjusted to the team and style of play . Andy King tried to relaunch his career at Leuven, but just hasn't succeeded."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

A few weeks ago our Director of Football told this in an interview:

"Benkovic can't seem to get adjusted to the team and style of play . Andy King tried to relaunch his career at Leuven, but just hasn't succeeded."

.....he makes Benkovic sound like a poor non league player after the amount of clubs he has been!!!

Not sure of the Andy King situation as he needs to decide his next move as they all turn out that he never gets a game. I am not sure what King and Benkovic are doing as the same problems are replicated everywhere they go, either they are making these poor calls or the club has no idea what they are doing.

I think we need strengthening in both areas. :) Really need a replacement for Hubert, and maybe a decent standin for Malinov (although I'd prefer more playing time for Asante or Keita).

Next week's gonna be really dramatic by the way. If Beerschot lose tomorrow against Oostende, there will be six teams still fighting for a playoff 2 spot, all within two points of each other. Four of those teams play each other next week on the final day of the regular season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Results and standings after week 33:

KAS Eupen 0-4 Standard
Cercle Brugge 3-0 OH Leuven
KV Mechelen 4-2 Zulte Waregem
KAA Gent 4-0 Charleroi
KRC Genk 4-0 STVV
Waasland-Beveren 3-4 KV Kortrijk
Anderlecht 2-1 Club Brugge
Beerschot 1-2 KV Oostende
Excel Moeskroen 2-3 Antwerp