Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2020-21

36 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Slowly easing our way out of the playoff picture.

Feel for you. Notts must be such a frustrating team to support, always 1 step forward then two steps back. Not had any bottle for years and constantly underachieving due to it. Hope you make the play offs.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Feel for you. Notts must be such a frustrating team to support, always 1 step forward then two steps back. Not had any bottle for years and constantly underachieving due to it. Hope you make the play offs.

Thanks.

I often ask myself why I bother. But at the end of the day, your team is your team and you support them no matter what.

Then again...it was my dad's team, not mine and even he'd be surprised that I'm carrying on the tradition. I've never even been to England, let alone Nottingham.

One day, when the World gets back on track, I'd like to visit and bookend a week there with a match at Meadow Lane and one at the KP.

Edited by spacemunky
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Thanks.

I often ask myself why I bother. But at the end of the day, your team is your team and you support them no matter what.

Then again...it was my dad's team, not mine and even he'd be surprised that I'm carrying on the tradition. I've never even been to England, let alone Nottingham.

One day, when the World gets back on track, I'd like to visit and bookend a week there with a match at Meadow Lane and one at the KP.

That's commitment! Respect, sir. Keep at it :)

What's the link to Leicester out of interest?

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

That's commitment! Respect, sir. Keep at it :)

What's the link to Leicester out of interest?

The Leicester link is a funny one.

After the big title winning season(which like many people I was rooting for ya) you signed Kapustka from Cracovia. My Polish co-worker kept asking me what was going on with him and why he wasn't playing(like I really would know that info lol) But, since I was the follower of all things football at my work I did some searching and came across this forum.

I just lurked for a bit and would follow along with the match threads when Leicester was playing. I think it was the "Depression" topic in the general forum that caught my attention along with various other things that I knew too much about.

So, my Leicester link is this forum and the fact that I don't like most of the other teams in the Premier League :D

I never did tell my co-worker that Kapustka was just flat out sh*t at football. I think I would just mention that he needed more time to adjust football in the Premier League.

Apparently he's still adjusting ;)

On 07/03/2021 at 16:28, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s assistant isn’t he? I saw him play for Wisbech two or three years ago and he come across as a total arse 

Yeah I think so he was at Grantham with Culverhouse and took him with him when he went back to Lynn.

On 07/03/2021 at 17:33, Fox92 said:

So pleased. Rowe has done brilliantly since he joined. Hopefully they'll make the play offs.

Notts and Chesterfield going up would be ideal doubt it will happen though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Good question. For a club what’s cited how important the 3G pitch is to them, that could be a major blocker 

Probably do what Harrogate did and lay a grass pitch at the end of the season. 

9 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Probably do what Harrogate did and lay a grass pitch at the end of the season. 

Aye but I think Sutton have publicly said before that the pitch was a major sum of income for them.  

Harrogate are underwritten by a millionaire, so could afford to quickly get a grass pitch in without it hurting the club too he’s 

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Stockport sign Fleetwood's all time top football league scorer Paddy Madden.

Bit of a strange one.

Not really they're minted he'll be on huge money and at 31 a 3 year deal would be difficult to turn down. Really impressive signing.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Not really they're minted he'll be on huge money and at 31 a 3 year deal would be difficult to turn down. Really impressive signing.

I'll be honest, I've not paid much attention to them, didn't realise they were minted.

Last time I thought about them they were deep in the shit and Didi Hamann was manager!

Good contract for Madden and a bit of security, just seems a strange move to non-league.