Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2020-21

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yes, simply won't make the money to pay their expenses. The maximum crowd at Step 3 (in Tier 3) is 300 - largely which would be season ticket holders who've spent their money. Add to that no takings from beer etc, clubs are totally marooned. 

Step 3 contains clubs which regularly get 800+ crowds - they are stuck in a half-way house. Step 4 contains a lot of clubs reliant on additional money from bars. Step 5/6 can just about get away with it - plus they have obtainable money in the form of FA Vase run (Step 3/4 playing in Trophy are likely to lose against Conference clubs). 

I have said elsewhere they should look at reducing the number of fixtures and splitting the leagues like the Spanish Third Division have done - then look to extend the season right into June. 

I agree they definitely need to look into alternative ways to complete the season. Doesn’t seem to be any leadership at the minute 

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They may as well cancel the leagues now to be honest. Unless they plan to extend it into July then there is no way it'll get finished. Jan/Feb usually ends up in lots of postponements due to unplayable pitches anyway

I think cancelling is drastic because as we saw last season - it would have worked well to just finish the seasons off. 

Take it down to 1 game per opposition or divide the league in half with regions, games played already stick

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think cancelling is drastic because as we saw last season - it would have worked well to just finish the seasons off. 

Take it down to 1 game per opposition or divide the league in half with regions, games played already stick

I hope that they find a way to conclude this season, as I think it's Coalville's best chance so far of reaching the Vanarama. Also I was really looking forward to the weekend away for Lowestoft! haha

I find it hard to believe many clubs aside from Coalville and Needham Market will favour it though :D

Another frustrating day for Notts.

Didn't show up for the first half against Hartlepool, who played 2 days ago.

Much better second half.

Finally get the goal to even it up and its ruled offside.

Torquay with a 4-3 away win are starting to run away with the league.

Edit: Oh, and thanks to Hartlepool for providing a video stream for the match.

Edited by spacemunky

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think that announcement has ended the non league season below step 2...null and void or ppg?

It will be null and void if no more games are played.

They need to come up with an alternative way to complete the season if fixtures are given the go ahead to resume, say late March.

For me extend the season until the end of June and everybody just plays each other once ?

Leagues Alliance had a meeting on Saturday and are due again this week. 

One League Chairman on Twitter even suggested null/void and replace what’s left with localised cup competitions. Difficult to argue against that. 

Either way they’ve all agreed that season needs to go into June 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Leagues Alliance had a meeting on Saturday and are due again this week. 

One League Chairman on Twitter even suggested null/void and replace what’s left with localised cup competitions. Difficult to argue against that. 

Either way they’ve all agreed that season needs to go into June 

What’s the idea of localised cup competitions, Are they basically friendly games ?

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Reading some of the chairmen on Twitter and a lot want a single game season. 

Also talk of splitting divisions into two regionally with playoffs to finish 

I think the single game season would be the way to go with it, providing they get the go ahead to start again at some point in March 

I've heard the southern league are planning to reintroduce the southern league cup from March to help clubs rebuild ahead of the summer. In view of the likely the rest of the league campaign being cancelled. Shame for teams like Coalville top of league the highest they've been and unable to get promotion.

43 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think it's the only decision to be made.

I said before this season started that it shouldn't happen. Across all leagues, not just non league. Why not just miss a season.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I said before this season started that it shouldn't happen. Across all leagues, not just non league. Why not just miss a season.

In retrospective, they'd have probably been better off pausing the season when it stopped and complete at the nearest opportunity rather than what's occurred. 

Still say there's credit in operating a summer season but as per non-league's ways, no one wants to think outside the box 

• Like 2