Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

New Boiler

13 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Anyone have any recommendations for a company to install a new combi boiler for a small semi detached? And any particular make.

Our old one is currently pissing water out of the bottom every time we try to get hot water.

I thought you were talking about my grandad then. anyway, i always use this bloke- Scottys 07989 795261. 

• Like 1

Please be aware that many heating engineers are paid a commission by the boiler manufacturers to install their boilers, so if you ask them for a recommendation you may not get an unbiased opinion.

I had lots of problems with our previous boiler but now have an Ideal Logic and have not had any problems with it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raj said:

Get a local good recommended plumber.

NOT British Gas as they will rape you.

Boiler wise we e got a Worcester and its fab.

BG is at least double, so, don’t bother…. The HomeCare is great though (in the main!)

I do weirdly have some insight here (although from a a few years ago)

Worcester Greenstar specifically was/ is the best of the bunch from what I’ve seen on a fairly comprehensive review of reliability and performance 

• Like 1

If choosing a combi,

as mentioned, Worcester bosch greenstar or valiant have a good reputation in the trade. 

Make sure the output is is big enough for your demands and if anything err on the larger side. I chose the greenstar ( 8 years ago) not missed a beat. 

Check guarantee details too industry standard then was 7 years. 

As for fitting choose an installer who is reasonably local and comes well recommended personally. 

Some companies use seasonal sub contractors and although perfectly safe can be a bit bish bosh bash , rushing to make a quick buck. 

Cheapest ain't always the best

Edited by woollett the bullet
Edit
  • Like 1