Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Nuno Mendes

25 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

Firstly didn’t really set out to start a war with some Neanderthal, I was merely stating my opinion that Thauvin isn’t that great a signing. I’ve watched him play whilst he was Newcastle so I’m in a reasonably good position to state what I personally think after all this a forum,

• (a website or web page where users can post comments about a particular topic. ) 

So maybe I’d suggest you go back to attempting to club your prey to death and creating the wheel whilst the adults continue to talk. As for ‘Doggy do’ it’s was my intelligence that stopped me putting utter dog shite because we don’t want you youngsters learning foul language do we. 

Is there really a need for name calling dude? I mean you don’t wanna upset the kiddies but happy to resort to name calling ... don’t mind me ...BC5C752D-C2CC-4CB7-82FE-EC2C4FAB8496.gif.18f75a3b46421dfa0181715fe817f0a7.gif

Edited by casablancas
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

Firstly didn’t really set out to start a war with some Neanderthal, I was merely stating my opinion that Thauvin isn’t that great a signing. I’ve watched him play whilst he was Newcastle so I’m in a reasonably good position to state what I personally think after all this a forum,

• (a website or web page where users can post comments about a particular topic. ) 

So maybe I’d suggest you go back to attempting to club your prey to death and creating the wheel whilst the adults continue to talk. As for ‘Doggy do’ it’s was my intelligence that stopped me putting utter dog shite because we don’t want you youngsters learning foul language do we. Cretin 

😂 

A bit of an over reaction, you challenged @Nick on his opinion, which as you point out you’re entitled to do and I challenged yours. 
If you are going to sulk like a little baby perhaps this isn’t the place for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lee Monty said:

But not a single one of those on your list struggled when they came over, Mendy looked decent before he got injured against Arsenal so fair play to him for getting back to where we hoped he could be. Have you actually watched Thauvin play? He’s skilful and direct but not blessed with huge amounts of pace, he very rarely tracks back or puts a tackle in and whilst I get that’s not his game technically, who do you replace him with? 

I'm interested to know what leads you to this conclusion? Do you also think that Harvey Barnes rarely tracks back or puts in a tackle because Thauvins stats are better than Harveys on the defensive side of their game. This season and last. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

I have noticed a trend amongst those that plead 'I'm entitled to my opinion'. They have a tendency not to be so protective of the entitlement of those whose opinions differ from theirs. 

Somewhat like Trump, who was happy to declare 'I will accept the result of this election, but only if I win'. 

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8958553/Leicester-keen-Sporting-Lisbon-defender-Nuno-Mendes.html

Leicester City are monitoring developments with Sporting Lisbon's talented young defender Nuno Mendes.

The 18-year-old is widely regarded as one of the best up and coming left-backs in Europe and has already attracted scouts from elite clubs across the continent.

Sporting have been reluctant to lose him but like most clubs in Portugal have been feeling the financial effects of the coronavirus pandemic and are vulnerable to reasonable offers despite his buy out clause being £40million.

Leicester City have shown interest in talented Sporting Lisbon defender Nuno Mendes2

A number of Premier League sides, including Newcastle United, made enquiries in the summer with Sporting reputedly willing to consider around £18m plus add-ons at the time such was the economic squeeze.

Reports in Portugal say Sporting are trying to get the Portuguese U21 international to sign a new contract and increase his buy-out clause as interest builds in the youngster.

Mendes has already established himself as first choice this season and has played nine games with Sporting top of the Portuguese Primeira Liga table.

Leicester sold Ben Chilwell to Chelsea last summer and added versatile right-back Timothy Castagne who can fill in on both flanks. 

The Belgian has been out with a hamstring injury recently though Leicester's other right-back Ricardo Pereira is stepping up his comeback from a cruciate ligament injury and could return at the start of next month. They also have Luke Thomas, Justin James and Christian Fuchs.

However, Mendes is seen as an outstanding talent and, as with young centre-back Wesley Fofana, if a deal can be done for a reasonable price Leicester will explore the options.

Manager Brendan Rodgers is also weighing up adding another forward in January if the budget allows as Leicester push for Champions League qualification.

-------------------------

The story was also re-reported in Portugal today too:

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/noticias/ver/868534

It's not that unusual for European teams to have 4 fullbacks so that they can rotate between the two across the many games we play in a season. Perhaps the idea is that Castagne and Ricardo rotate on the right, and Thomas and Mendes rotate on the left? This season we have played JJ, Fuchs and Thomas there, and Castagne could fill in there too, but I could definitely see us wanting a naturally left footed player there too. 18m seems reasonable even if our previous signings from Sporting have been horrendous. The player does look good for his age it must be said. So I could see us signing him this season with the idea to integrate him in more for next season if / when Fuchs leaves. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

On 18/11/2020 at 06:43, Lee Monty said:

I don’t get the clamour for him at Newcastle he was utter Doggy do yet the majority on here are potentially Jizzing over him cause he’s done well in France don’t forget Slimani and A silva looked good in Ligue 1

He played the equivalent of just over 6 games in his time at Newcastle under Steve McLaren in a Newcastle side that got relegated.

He played just 420 minutes (4.6 games) in the Prem that season, 38 minutes in the FA Cup, and 110 minutes in the League Cup.

He was also being mainly played as a Left Winger, when he has clearly shown in his time at Marseille that he is strongest as a Right Winger.

Pretty easy to see why people ignore his Newcastle stint.

• Like 1