Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Nuno Mendes

Watch a lot of Sporting Lisbon cuz that's who my dad supports. 

It's difficult to tell with the Portuguese league as we are well aware there are some right duds, but this guy has been proper impressive...told my dad we should buy him but doubt we'd do business with Sporting again.

Proper modern day full back, pacey good dribbler and a much better passer and crosser than Chillwell ever was.

Imo he will play for portugal very soon 

Edited by Mrfox452
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Watch a lot of Sporting Lisbon cuz that's who my dad supports. 

It's difficult to tell with the Portuguese league as we are well aware there are some right duds, but this guy has been proper impressive...told my dad we should by him but doubt we'd do business with Sporting again.

Proper modern day ful back, pacey good dribbles and a much better passed and crosser than Chillwell ever was.

Just because we have had a bad history with Sporting on transfers doesn't mean the next one would be bad. A bit like tossing a coin and losing twice doesn't mean you're any more likely to win or lose the third coin toss.

I just don't see us being interested with Castagne earmarked for that position and Thomas waiting in the wings. 

I'm all for signing top drawer 19yo's before they hit the elite clubs though but this is a position that we're well stacked.

• Like 4

Just now, Gerard said:

Just because we have had a bad history with Sporting on transfers doesn't mean the next one would be bad. A bit like tossing a coin and losing twice doesn't mean you're any more likely to win or lose the third coin toss.

I just don't see us being interested with Castagne earmarked for that position and Thomas waiting in the wings. 

I'm all for signing top drawer 19yo's before they hit the elite clubs though but this is a position that we're well stacked.

I suppose it depends if the club think that Castagne will actually be playing at right back IF they see Ricardo moving on in the next 12/18 months

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That's a fair point and difficult to disagree ...we do have enough cover atm. This guy imo has a much higher ceiling than Castagne, Justin and Thomas. Wouldn't suprise me if Man city picked him to be honest.

But it's only fair to give our current guys a chance as well.

• Like 1