Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Nuno Mendes

14 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If we did spunk that kind of money on this fella then I'd bet my left nut on Ricardo leaving next year. 

Ricardo leaves, Timmy moves to the right and this boy plays left. 

100%

If Ricardo comes back the same player, we will more than likely finish top 3 and he'll have the big guns all over Europe after him.

I'd initially thought he'd go to Barca until they signed Dest. However plenty of other need a RB, Bayern are currently playing a CB there and Real Madrid are playing a converted attacking midfielder there! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

100%

If Ricardo comes back the same player, we will more than likely finish top 3 and he'll have the big guns all over Europe after him.

I'd initially thought he'd go to Barca until they signed Dest. However plenty of other need a RB, Bayern are currently playing a CB there and Real Madrid are playing a converted attacking midfielder there! 

yeah i see this is the only way we spunk 40 MIllion on a new full back.

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Young. Bonus. From the video clips I’m not excited. Don’t know why. Just something about him, his control etc seems off, not good enough. Against shite players he can get away with it. Not in the Prem. 

...I have much the same feeling in regards to his skillset but I wonder if the price is a consideration which is affecting our judgment!!!

If the price was £15m then you could say it would be worth a punt, as you can see, he has a lot going for him but can we iron out and clean up his game to a point of making him suitable for the Premiership. There is a great deal of potential and perhaps would be exciting to watch his progress but at that price we can not afford to take the risk.

His release clause is 40 but Sporting are willing to sell him for reportedly just over half that.

It’s perhaps just paper talk in terms of our interest but if Ricardo were to go in the next couple of windows it sorts us out nicely with Castagne & Justin and Mendes & Thomas.

It’s a yes from me - they are trying to get him to sign a new contract apparently but his head has been turned toward other possibilities... 

I wonder if the Jan window might be busy - Brendan will have made his point following our demise after the restart plus injury lists that we need greater depth in squad... 

imagine Mendes, Jovic and Thauvin... 😆 

• Like 1

On 16/11/2020 at 18:35, Foxy_Bear said:

If we did spunk that kind of money on this fella then I'd bet my left nut on Ricardo leaving next year. 

Ricardo leaves, Timmy moves to the right and this boy plays left. 

I would enjoy watching everyone lose their shit when they realise we already had a replacement in the squad at half the cost. Again.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nick said:

His release clause is 40 but Sporting are willing to sell him for reportedly just over half that.

It’s perhaps just paper talk in terms of our interest but if Ricardo were to go in the next couple of windows it sorts us out nicely with Castagne & Justin and Mendes & Thomas.

It’s a yes from me - they are trying to get him to sign a new contract apparently but his head has been turned toward other possibilities... 

I wonder if the Jan window might be busy - Brendan will have made his point following our demise after the restart plus injury lists that we need greater depth in squad... 

imagine Mendes, Jovic and Thauvin ... 😆 

I don’t get the clamour for him at Newcastle he was utter Doggy do yet the majority on here are potentially Jizzing over him cause he’s done well in France don’t forget Slimani and A silva looked good in Ligue 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

We have so many players at this club (past and present) that will go down as legends, that if you cut time short on their time here within their first season, would at the very least be not very memorable and possibly even ‘doggy do’. If Mendy can’t be a shining example of real life football evolving before our eyes, then I guess there is no hope for some fans.

Players improve.

Players don’t always settle instantly.

Players suffer bad form.

It’s interesting that you highlight the poor players that have worked out in France, but fail to acknowledge all the great players we have had, that have come from that league.

Mendy

Kante

Mahrez

Knockhaert

Fofana

But not a single one of those on your list struggled when they came over, Mendy looked decent before he got injured against Arsenal so fair play to him for getting back to where we hoped he could be. Have you actually watched Thauvin play? He’s skilful and direct but not blessed with huge amounts of pace, he very rarely tracks back or puts a tackle in and whilst I get that’s not his game technically, who do you replace him with? 

On 16/11/2020 at 18:18, Mrfox452 said:

Watch a lot of Sporting Lisbon cuz that's who my dad supports. 

It's difficult to tell with the Portuguese league as we are well aware there are some right duds, but this guy has been proper impressive...told my dad we should buy him but doubt we'd do business with Sporting again.

Proper modern day full back, pacey good dribbler and a much better passer and crosser than Chillwell ever was.

Imo he will play for portugal very soon 

I hope you didn't recommended Slimani and Silva to your dad?!?! your dads not Rudders is he?!!

8 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

But not a single one of those on your list struggled when they came over, Mendy looked decent before he got injured against Arsenal so fair play to him for getting back to where we hoped he could be. Have you actually watched Thauvin play? He’s skilful and direct but not blessed with huge amounts of pace, he very rarely tracks back or puts a tackle in and whilst I get that’s not his game technically, who do you replace him with? 

I haven’t watched him and I’m not calling for us to sign him, I’m just saying defining someone’s career based one a single season is unlikely to give much accuracy.

Those players listed were not examples of players who struggled in their first seasons, think of most of the unbelievable squad and tell me how many had outstanding first seasons? Or haven’t had at least one large bad patch at the club.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I haven’t watched him and I’m not calling for us to sign him, I’m just saying defining someone’s career based one a single season is unlikely to give much accuracy.

Those players listed were not examples of players who struggled in their first seasons, think of most of the unbelievable squad and tell me how many had outstanding first seasons? Or haven’t had at least one large bad patch at the club.

Kante hit the ground running as did Knockaert neither of those had a real bad patch Mahrez went off the boil after he wanted to leave and again Mendy never really got himself fit until now. so not sure where your trying to head with this conversation 

Just now, Lee Monty said:

Kante hit the ground running as did Knockaert neither of those had a real bad patch Mahrez went off the boil after he wanted to leave and again Mendy never really got himself fit until now. so not sure where your trying to head with this conversation 

You are focusing on players I listed as examples of quality in that league, I’m not sure if you’re being obtuse or just aren’t particularly intelligent.

Lets go with Vardy, arguably our greatest player. Good first season?

Simpson, good first season?

Kasper was hardly great in his debut season and has divided opinions over the years.

Albrighton finished well but was frozen out for a large part.

Drinkwater has had his bad patches here.

Huth had an average career before that season.

I mean the list is bloody endless. Even in the squad now, I wouldn’t say Praet or Barnes had brilliant first seasons with us but look at them now.

There are a number of reason his Newcastle stint may not have worked out and just one of them is he is doggy do.

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You are focusing on players I listed as examples of quality in that league, I’m not sure if you’re being obtuse or just aren’t particularly intelligent.

Lets go with Vardy, arguably our greatest player. Good first season?

Simpson, good first season?

Kasper was hardly great in his debut season and has divided opinions over the years.

Albrighton finished well but was frozen out for a large part.

Drinkwater has had his bad patches here.

Huth had an average career before that season.

I mean the list is bloody endless. Even in the squad now, I wouldn’t say Praet or Barnes had brilliant first seasons with us but look at them now.

There are a number of reason his Newcastle stint may not have worked out and just one of them is he is doggy do.

Firstly didn’t really set out to start a war with some Neanderthal, I was merely stating my opinion that Thauvin isn’t that great a signing. I’ve watched him play whilst he was Newcastle so I’m in a reasonably good position to state what I personally think after all this a forum,

• (a website or web page where users can post comments about a particular topic. ) 

So maybe I’d suggest you go back to attempting to club your prey to death and creating the wheel whilst the adults continue to talk. As for ‘Doggy do’ it’s was my intelligence that stopped me putting utter dog shite because we don’t want you youngsters learning foul language do we. Cretin 
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

We have so many players at this club (past and present) that will go down as legends, that if you cut time short on their time here within their first season, would at the very least be not very memorable and possibly even ‘doggy do’. If Mendy can’t be a shining example of real life football evolving before our eyes, then I guess there is no hope for some fans.

Players improve.

Players don’t always settle instantly.

Players suffer bad form.

It’s interesting that you highlight the poor players that have worked out in France, but fail to acknowledge all the great players we have had, that have come from that league.

Mendy

Kante

Mahrez

Knockhaert

Fofana

I am fed up of having this argument with some of our fans. Players improve , players mature and clubs and styles of football impact on these. It’s almost as if ... it’s a one game career, if you don’t perform immediately you’re out. Silly. As you mention we ain’t done bad in France ... can also add Ricky P to that list. It was bud form for nice that most likely sold him to us, as well as tie puel connection. People also fail to realise how hard playing for that Dutch mclaren can be. The football Newcastle were playing would not have helped. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1