Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Genesis1

Leicestershire live best XI article.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

In place of who?

Either Barnes or Maddison. Probably Barnes right now after Maddison's last few performances.

We just look a better and more balanced side when Praet's playing, he gives Youri more freedom. Feel like he's the Albrighton or Okazaki of the current side, who players amd managers probably appreciate more than fans and pundits- who just fits in the system really well and brings the best out of other players, even if there are more technically gifted players than him.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

even if there are more technically gifted players than him.

Not many.

I appreciate Albrighton's industry, and there's no bigger Shinji fan than me.  But Praet is an order of magnitude more technically gifted than either of those guys.

10 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Not many.

I appreciate Albrighton's industry, and there's no bigger Shinji fan than me.  But Praet is an order of magnitude more technically gifted than either of those guys.

Sorry, you're right, wasn't suggesting that Praet wasn't technically gifted, he really is.

My point was more, that while you can make the argument that Maddison or Barnes might get more assists or be better dribblers and be able to beat their man - I'd personally be starting Praet over them right now, just because he seems to give our side better balance and bring the best out of Tielemans through his industry, just like Albrighton and Okazaki used to give the side so much balance and allow Vardy and Mahrez more freedom and not needing to do as much of the dirty work themselves. Not saying Praet isn't great on the ball and can't unlock defences as well.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Honestly, like other posters have said previously... If I was in charge, I'd only start Ndidi in midfield if we went with 4 at the back due to Mendys form. I wouldn't be opposed to playing Ndidi as a CB in a 3/5 though, would definitely give us incredible potential long term with Fofana, Soyuncu and him. I'd otherwise agree with the team from the original post.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

I think a fit-again Soyuncu strolls back into the starting lineup (if we play 3 at the back). 

As well as Fuchs have played, the only way he remains a starter will be at LB/LWB (or in EL and Cup games).

Cags may have suffered a couple of dodgy performances, but for most of last season he was head and shoulders our BEST defender (even over Evans). That's why there was UNANIMOUS horror on FT when the Barcelona rumour reared its ugly head. I think what is likely to happen is that a fully-fit Cags walks back into the team, and then if he underperforms over a couple of games, Brendan might start re-jigging the lineup. 

As good as this team has been with the players currently available, it has the potential to get much better.

But he is vulnerable as the LCB and Rodgers seems reluctant to play Evans there so that's why I've concerns over remaining with 3 at the back and picking Soyuncu. I think Soyuncu and Fofana in a back 4 with Barnes and Ünder either side of Vardy will destroy a lot of teams and I hope we have the conviction to try it.

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

Either Barnes or Maddison. Probably Barnes right now after Maddison's last few performances.

We just look a better and more balanced side when Praet's playing, he gives Youri more freedom. Feel like he's the Albrighton or Okazaki of the current side, who players amd managers probably appreciate more than fans and pundits- who just fits in the system really well and brings the best out of other players, even if there are more technically gifted players than him.

Spot on.

31 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

Honestly, like other posters have said previously... If I was in charge, I'd only start Ndidi in midfield if we went with 4 at the back due to Mendys form. I wouldn't be opposed to playing Ndidi as a CB in a 3/5 though, would definitely give us incredible potential long term with Fofana, Soyuncu and him. I'd otherwise agree with the team from the original post.

I've said previously, having Wilf as a CDM with the ability to fall back into defence to make a 3 at a moments notice would be handy. 

Dont think it would work with Maddison and Youri though. Would need to be Youri and Praet playing ahead of him. 

For me Maddison doesn’t get in our strongest 11, and I think we can rotate Ndidi and Mendy in the middle and not have any issues. Also for me Fuchs gives a nice balance to the back line having him as left sided centre half. 

It’s a nice problem to have. Probably the first time we’ve ever had a debateable strongest 11! 

kasper

fofana

evans 

Fuchs 

ricardo 

ndidi/mendy

youri

castagne 

Praet

vardy

barnes 

• Haha 1

Whatever our best XI is, I will just be happy if the day ever comes when EVERY ONE of our squad is fit, healthy and available for selection.

The chances of that happening, though, are pretty remote - especially as we have so many games to play, not to mention COVID.

Here’s hoping though, because it would be one hell of a team (and bench).