Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Liverpool 3-0 Leicester City - Vote Now

Liverpool 3-0 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 4.8

Total Average Rating

194 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kasper Schmeichel 6.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Marc Albrighton 3.6
  4. Manager Confidence 93% -6%

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

It think with Fofana, when he goes for the ball he has every confidence that he will get it. He has every right to have that confidence because usually he does. This is probably a different level of opposition and he will have to get used to it because when he doesn’t manage get the ball it can leave us exposed. I’m sure he will adjust in time. Still very young.

Yes-   I think it is pretty much the general consensus that Fofana was bad last night but I have to say his self-belief impressed me,   he did not hide or shrink from his challenges and kept on trying to bring the ball out of the defence.   That is a mark of character for me but I agree I hope he would eventually learn to be less aggressive against better opposition and to be more smart.

• Like 3

Only two I gave more than a 5 was Kasper Schmeichel (stopped the score getting embarrassing) and JJ (our only realistic threat all night).

Had to give Fofana a 4, was taken to the cleaners and back again, and all the others I gave 4s as well. Whilst the likes of Evans and Albrighton had absolute stinkers so I gave them 3s.

12 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Marc has sadly had a stinker tonight but in his defence:

1. He was playing out of position;

2. He's only playing there because both Ric and Timmy are injured ie he's third choice in that position, probably 4th, considering that JJ would play there ahead of him if not required on the left.

3. He was up against arguably the best left sided combo in the world whilst playing out of position.

So let's cut him a little slack. Fine to say he had a poor game but very unfair to say, as some have, that they don't want him to play for us ever again, etc. 

He did make an excellent goal line clearance   whereas many done nothing  rarely has a bad game like Fuchs another  who gets unfair treatment.  We  seem nowadays to have an inferiority complex against Man u  and Liverpool  whereas under Martin O neil  we were always up for it. I  must confess the exception seems to be Arsenal who we no longer consider a biggie

22 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

there seemed to be a lack of intensity and energy on our part - I don't know if BR told our lads to sit back in the first half , but they  were first to everything.  If we are going to try to do that then we need more in midfield.

yep not sure why defenders are taking the hit in the scores, the midfield's job is to make sure it doesnt get to the defenders.