Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Elvis

I don't want to write Elvis off completely but it seems he is really out of sorts now at Leicester after the novelty of his few first appearances has worn off.

The fact that he has scored 1 goal in 45 games in English Football is very disturbing and is possibly the worst record a striker has got in this country. Horrifying

I would write him off as a striker as he appears to lack the killer instinct to be a success.

However i would play him down the right side of midfield in place of Momo as i truly believe he has both the pace and the trickery to beat a player and delvier a decent ball.

With him down the right and Smith down the left we have two pacy players who should scare most teams in this division.

I also believe he would be more consistant than Momo.

All Hammond (and Hume) needs is a couple of goals to boost his confidence and settle him down a bit. He's obviously desperate for a goal and is snatching at everything right now - once he has a couple under his belt he'll start to play more naturally. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Once again I wonder if there isn't something the coaches should be doing to get the best out of Hammond.

His record is abyssmal although his Leicester tally should be two goals (one should not have been disallowed) and he really did net or was so very close with perhaps another three or four.

He hasn't had much luck and as time has gone on, as many of you say, he's got anxious/lost confidence which has made matters worse.

Coaches can do so much for a players state of mind...not only with clever exercises which develop the right instincts when shooting but with their words of wisdom.

Technically, his anxiety stands out dramatically as illustrated by his poor first touch against Southampton. He also seems to have no natuiral partner in the City side, someone who can compliment his strengths.

Williams would be the obvious choice but he seems to have been AWOL for the last six weeks (which has, perhaps coincidentally, coincided with Hammond's loss of threat).

At this time we have little by way of penetrative passing from midfield, partly because of a shortage of creativity and partly because we tend to crowd the space by having our wingers play as partial defenders (pre-Southampton).

The beauty of having Smith is that he can play wide (and will have to be marked) so there ought to be more space available if Hammond can be taught to use it.

Trouble is I don't think we can afford to give him that time and in any case I don't really believe he has any of the natural qualities that make a striker. His main asset is pace and that won't be enough on its own.

He might benefit though from watching videos of people like Tony Cottee and Paul Dickov to learn how to turn people and how to make sspace when none seems to exist.

Or he could watch videos of Chambers because he is also quick but with an extraordinary ability to engineer the yard or so needed for a shot on goal. First touch is a vital starting point for developing these skills.

In the end it will all depend on his own willingness to improve his weaknesses and the coaches' ability to help him. In view of his cost, the time and effort could be worthwhile but it will take time and cannot be done in the first team at this stage.

We need someone who's much more the finished article.

Once again I wonder if there isn't something the coaches should be doing to get the best out of Hammond.

His record is abyssmal although his Leicester tally should be two goals (one should not have been disallowed) and he really did net or was so very close with perhaps another three or four.

He hasn't had much luck and as time has gone on, as many of you say, he's got anxious/lost confidence which has made matters worse.

Coaches can do so much for a players state of mind...not only with clever exercises which develop the right instincts when shooting but with their words of wisdom.

Technically, his anxiety stands out dramatically as illustrated by his poor first touch against Southampton. He also seems to have no natuiral partner in the City side, someone who can compliment his strengths.

Williams would be the obvious choice but he seems to have been AWOL for the last six weeks (which has, perhaps coincidentally, coincided with Hammond's loss of threat).

At this time we have little by way of penetrative passing from midfield, partly because of a shortage of creativity and partly because we tend to crowd the space by having our wingers play as partial defenders (pre-Southampton).

The beauty of having Smith is that he can play wide (and will have to be marked) so there ought to be more space available if Hammond can be taught to use it.

Trouble is I don't think we can afford to give him that time and in any case I don't really believe he has any of the natural qualities that make a striker. His main asset is pace and that won't be enough on its own.

He might benefit though from watching videos of people like Tony Cottee and Paul Dickov to learn how to turn people and how to make sspace when none seems to exist.

Or he could watch videos of Chambers because he is also quick but with an extraordinary ability to engineer the yard or so needed for a shot on goal. First touch is a vital starting point for developing these skills.

In the end it will all depend on his own willingness to improve his weaknesses and the coaches' ability to help him. In view of his cost, the time and effort could be worthwhile but it will take time and cannot be done in the first team at this stage.

We need someone who's much more the finished article.

I would love to see Elvis's face when the coaching staff tell him to watch video's of a 15 year old! It would be a classic :D

He doesnt have any confidence and he is definitly playing at a level which he isnt used to. He has been playing a lower standard of football for a long time and i honestly dont think he has the talent or experience for this league. Its harsh i know, but he seems lost sometimes! He could improve but thats going to take time and at the moment i dont think many leicester fans have the patience and therfore they will get on his back, resulting in lower confidence.

I would hate to see Elvis playing as a winger. Having pace does not make you a good footballer. His first touch is woeful, positional play even worse, he does not know when to time a pass, nor when to time his run. He is a poor player.

Having said that, Elvis will always cause problems, as do all pacey strikers who put themselves about on a pitch.

In my mind, he's just a cheap version of Trevor Benjamin.

Elvis worries me, He's 25 and shows no signs of becoming a player who can score goals. His main problem seems to be a lack of strength in holding a player off and shooting. I hate to say it but I don't see Elvis ever being the answer to our lack of goals. I'd love him to prove me wrong.

I don't want to write Elvis off completely but it seems he is really out of sorts now at Leicester after the novelty of his few first appearances has worn off.

The fact that he has scored 1 goal in 45 games in English Football is very disturbing and is possibly the worst record a striker has got in this country. Horrifying

Oh! That's what position he plays in.

I thought we'd made up a new position for him-Headless Chicken!

Archived