Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baylisslcfc

Unknown shirt

6 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Here is the shirt in question in colour with the blue shorts. Socks look like the home ones we wore. 

3F9257FF-AAA0-4328-A5CA-00DBC8D0D505.jpeg

That was the kit worn in the 1984 game I mentioned against Wycombe. I have tried to get some info about this match but cant find anything. It was arranged as a centenary celebration.

If anybody has detail i would love it to be posted on here

11 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

There are allsorts of kit anomalies. 
This one for instance was a shirt we wore that originally had a black number, but it would appear there must have an issue with the football league as the shirts suddenly had white numbers on them instead.

I have never managed to get one with a black number, so I would think admiral or the kitman just changed the numbers rather than started with a brand new kit.

Pictures of us wearing the shirts with the black numbers are very rare. 

0959E259-5A61-4660-839D-9E383C7F3B41.jpeg

I was at this match. As Regis wheels away you can see a stricken Ian Andrews, a distraught Russel Osman looking up at the sky in disbelief, a furious Tony Sealy and a disconsolate David Rennie. Things didn't get much better when the hapless Steve Moran came on for Walshy. Amusingly, somehow, the Baby Squad managed to get into the Coventry main stand - they comically processed in in a line in their burberry and pods with their telescopic umbrellas (which for some reason were viewed as some formidable weapon they could legitimately bring into grounds) and then turning to face the deflated away support in the terrace below started fist pumping in synchrony. :D Fortunately, there was no trouble in the stand - just a few thousand bewildered families and season ticket holders. They then turned around as though on a military parade and marched out again the same way that they had come in. 

Edited by Line-X

The photo in question was taken on May 4th 1985. QPR 4 Leicester 3. Lineker only played two more games for us after that. Here's a photo of him scoring in that game. 

IMG-1920.jpg

And here's a photo from the same game on the cover of the programme from the same fixture the following season:

qpr.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

It was correct what someone has put on here that the club asked for a new away kit as the green was seen to be unlucky as we hadn’t won a match in it.

Not sure what players instigated the move but admiral gave us the England away shirts that had the Leicester badge attached.

The shorts we wore with the shirt were blue.

I am lucky enough to have every version of the players shirts since 1976, but this one has so far escaped me so if anyone knows where one is there is some really good money on offer.

We never won in this kit either. 

If you ever find yourself with a free moment in these tier 4 times, I’m sure fellow kit aficionados like myself would love to see your collection please! :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

Here is another anomaly from

that period. The Ind Coupe shirts had the advertising printed into the fabric, but then once they were used and more were needed, they didn’t have the material left so just got standard replica shirts and put an ind coupe transfer onto it.

There are pictures around of both style shirts being used in the same game. Not sure if I have seen both styles used in the green jerseys, but there are plenty of us wearing the blue shirts in both designs in the same game 

E1535969-28C8-4772-B5AE-C2AEEDB1F891.jpeg

Lucky to have bought one of these off eBay with stitched players number about 10 years ago.

21 hours ago, kushiro said:

The photo in question was taken on May 4th 1985. QPR 4 Leicester 3. Lineker only played two more games for us after that. Here's a photo of him scoring in that game. 

IMG-1920.jpg

And here's a photo from the same game on the cover of the programme from the same fixture the following season:

qpr.png

Note the lack of studs/trainers on the plastic pitch. And talking of which, during our last game that season - away to Luton we reverted back to the green and gold and got hammered four - nil. Lineker's last appearance for the club and my only visit to that dreadful ground. I guess it didn't help that half the squad had been at Willie Thorne's wedding the previous day and the reception at the Hermitage Hotel in Oadby. 

• Like 1