Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baylisslcfc

Unknown shirt

12 minutes ago, baylisslcfc said:

https://twitter.com/lcfc/status/1345010136205520896?s=21

The club Twitter account just put out a tweet marking the anniversary of Lineker’s debut. 

I can’t recall ever seeing that shirt in the photo. Anyone here know the origins?

DF3FB510-BFDC-4482-9DE7-E7668EA56FCB.jpeg

Admiral may have sent them a load of samples and this photo is Lineker trying one out in training?????The fact it’s got IND COOPE on it suggests at least 1983 when the club changed to Admiral and got their first shirt sponsor.Intresting badge btw

6 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Admiral may have sent them a load of samples and this photo is Lineker trying one out in training?????The fact it’s got IND COOPE on it suggests at least 1983 when the club changed to Admiral and got their first shirt sponsor.Intresting badge btw

Quite possibly. It looks like there are people in what I presume is a stand in the background. That leads me to think it was from a game — pre season most likely?

The club badge, Admiral as manufacturer, and Ind Coope sponsorship likely dates it between 1983 and 1986 (potentially 1987.) The club name encircling the badge didn’t appear on a shirt until the 1990s either, so that’s another little anomaly. 

6 minutes ago, baylisslcfc said:

Quite possibly. It looks like there are people in what I presume is a stand in the background. That leads me to think it was from a game — pre season most likely?

The club badge, Admiral as manufacturer, and Ind Coope sponsorship likely dates it between 1983 and 1986 (potentially 1987.) The club name encircling the badge didn’t appear on a shirt until the 1990s either, so that’s another little anomaly. 

I would go for 1983 mainly because of the state of his hair.Besides he’d gone by summer 1985.On first look that paddock looks like the old main stand.The tunnel looks a bit wide though.

• Thanks 1

I saw his debut, (I think), at home in a 2-0 win against Oldham on either Boxing Day or New Year’s Day? Memory might be wrong. Sure it was absolutely freezing  and I think he got dragged at halftime. Mainly due to frostbite. Nobody was wearing short sleeves! 

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

I saw his debut, (I think), at home in a 2-0 win against Oldham on either Boxing Day or New Year’s Day? Memory might be wrong. Sure it was absolutely freezing  and I think he got dragged at halftime. Mainly due to frostbite. Nobody was wearing short sleeves! 

New Year’s Day. Believe David Buchanan also made his debut that day?   The famous balloon meant we were one of the only games that survived the weather.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baylisslcfc said:

The club Twitter account just put out a tweet marking the anniversary of Lineker’s debut. 

I can’t recall ever seeing that shirt in the photo. Anyone here know the origins?

1 hour ago, baylisslcfc said:

Another suggestion from Twitter:

82C1DC6A-420B-4F4E-BDC7-3AF2F437AF66.jpeg

43 minutes ago, PaddyS said:

It does look very much like the England away kit from the late 70s ..........

1978 away.jpg

Please say that our first red away shirt was down to using an actual rebadged England jersey. That'd actually be a reason to be proud of wearing a red Leicester top rather than it being a case of 'bUt It LoOkS lIkE a FoReSt ShIrT'.

Anyone got John Hutchinson's detes?

• Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex

The Ind Coope

2 hours ago, baylisslcfc said:

The Ind Coope shirts had pin stripes, so this is not from a league/cup match, so most probably a friendly. The shorts do not match either

4 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Please say that our first red away shirt was down to using an actual rebadged England jersey. That'd actually be a reason to be proud of wearing a red Leicester top rather than it being a case of 'bUt It LoOkS lIkE a FoReSt ShIrT'.

Anyone got John Hutchinson's detes?

Hate to say this but I think this one predates the admiral one

Leicester City

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest StevieLynex
30 minutes ago, dayday said:

My Dad bought me a Red Admiral Leicester top back in 1983, did we ever play in it?

It was worn on a regular basis during the 1982/83 season

8 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

I have a feeling that was a game that i went to at Wycombe Wanderers in 1984. It was a midweek friendly to celebrate 100 years of both clubs I believe. I remember a different shirt and colour.

We won, right? Because it was before Teletext was invented? 

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

New Year’s Day. Believe David Buchanan also made his debut that day?   The famous balloon meant we were one of the only games that survived the weather.

Think Bobby  Smith made his debut as well ,could be wrong though .Think Youngy played  for Oldham as well .