Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Benkovic back and off again?

On 08/01/2021 at 20:45, TK95 said:

Reminds me of the Kapustka deal. Bought with promise and turned out to be pretty pointless in the end.

What's bizarre is he was one of Rodgers' best players at Celtic while on loan there and now at Leicester, he doesn't rate him!

I know right, it’s almost like Rodgers acknowledges that they really are a bunch of farmers up there. Strange.

“(At Cardiff) they didn't speak much to me there. When I asked why I barely played, I was told they were quite happy with me. But in the end, the coach opted again for the guys who were there last season. It made no sense to stay there.”

Makes sense as to why we recalled him, sounds like it was a bad deal all round 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WarehamFox said:

Benkovic should do really well there. Keep injury free and come home.

Really hope so ! 

This will tell the tale if he gets to play. Sounds like he was treated poorly at Cardiff but we know he will get a fair crack at OH Leuven. Lets hope he shines and can push for a place at City. 23 years old is nothing for a defender !!

• Like 1

He's been talking to Chris Sutton.............

Do we think he is aware that Belgium are currently the number rated Team in the World by FIFA?  Admittingly, most of their National Squad play overseas (some at small Clubs like LCFC), but many started playing in the Belgian League. 

Also, the Belgian League has a higher UEFA co-efficient than the SPL.   Ok, OHL are like Leicester i.e. not as big as the Mighty Celtic Reserves.

What is it with these former Celtic Players?

Frank McAvennie is shocked Leicester City defender Filip Benkovic has chosen to move to Belgian side OH Leuven over Celtic this month.

The Parkhead legend, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, claimed “it is really strange” that the “great” 23-year-old turned down a return to the Scottish Premiership champions.

On 08/01/2021 at 21:45, TK95 said:

Reminds me of the Kapustka deal. Bought with promise and turned out to be pretty pointless in the end.

What's bizarre is he was one of Rodgers' best players at Celtic while on loan there and now at Leicester, he doesn't rate him!

Rodgers rates him, but the main concern is the fitness. Even at Celtic he was injured and out for a long time and he's not been fully match fit ever since. 

Until he can prove his fitness and show the same promise as he did at Celtic, I can completely understand if Rodgers doesn't count on him.

12 hours ago, mozartfox said:

He's been talking to Chris Sutton.............

Do we think he is aware that Belgium are currently the number rated Team in the World by FIFA?  Admittingly, most of their National Squad play overseas (some at small Clubs like LCFC), but many started playing in the Belgian League. 

Also, the Belgian League has a higher UEFA co-efficient than the SPL.   Ok, OHL are like Leicester i.e. not as big as the Mighty Celtic Reserves.

What is it with these former Celtic Players?

Frank McAvennie is shocked Leicester City defender Filip Benkovic has chosen to move to Belgian side OH Leuven over Celtic this month.

The Parkhead legend, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, claimed “it is really strange” that the “great” 23-year-old turned down a return to the Scottish Premiership champions.

He'd have probably chosen Friar Lane Old Boys over Celtic. They're in a bit of turmoil in a poor league. Leuven is a different challenge in what appears to be a happy progressive set up at the moment. Good luck to him and if he could stay fit, both he and they will benefit greatly I think. Good luck to both.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Who do they think they are fooling when they spout this dogshit.  Celtic are a shambles right now!! They have some top players who are running down their contracts, an incompetent manager, 20 plus points off the title & out of Europe !!! Why would any player choose them over a top Belgian team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We bought our Benko in,

We loaned him out,

In, out, in, out we've loaned Benkovic out.

He's gone to OH Leuven,

In the Belgian league,

One day he'll play for us,

Ohhhhhh Filip Benkovic

Etc.

(you might have guessed but I'm bored!)

• Haha 1