Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

The next 3 games

The last three games of the season are potentially a write off bar a point or two.  I know we’ve held our own against those clubs thus far but we saw how our mentality failed at the end of last season and I have no reason to believe that it would be any different his time around. 

yes we Should have injured players back but who’s to say that we won’t pick up further injuries along the way

so that means the next 9 games are those where we need to pick up 20 points !!!

that’s not great considering it includes Man City at home and a trip to a impressive looking West Ham. 

we simply can’t afford not to be picking up an average of two points per game over the next 9 fixtures ........ looks like a v tough task based on what we’ve seen over the last 270 minutes.....

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The last three games of the season are potentially a write off bar a point or two.  I know we’ve held our own against those clubs thus far but we saw how our mentality failed at the end of last season and I have no reason to believe that it would be any different his time around. 

yes we Should have injured players back but who’s to say that we won’t pick up further injuries along the way

so that means the next 9 games are those where we need to pick up 20 points !!!

that’s not great considering it includes Man City at home and a trip to a impressive looking West Ham. 

we simply can’t afford not to be picking up an average of two points per game over the next 9 fixtures ........ looks like a v tough task based on what we’ve seen over the last 270 minutes.....

We need 7 wins out of 9 from that assumption and that’s a big ask with our injuries m

the average points for 4th is 71 points and it’s really tight at the top this year 

We still have to play 7 of the bottom 8 teams and those 7 games are in all in our next 9 games, we have a great opportunity and can afford to play counter attacking football as these teams down the bottom need wins as much as us, but wont have the attacking strengths of such teams as arsenal Leeds etc so I think on the balance we will be just fine for a top 4, the only negative about these bottom 7 teams are that we have 4 home games and only 3 away, wish they were all away given our home form

Edited by lcfcfoz

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

To be honest I can't see where our next goal will come from.

Most things go through Barnes and Madison. Vardy seems more of a passenger at the minute.

Even though the last goal we scored didn’t involve either of them

Just over a week ago we probably had our best 45 minutes in a long while against Villa. A lots changed since then, and most importantly we've lost the 2 creative players that made the performance so good.

We need Tielemans and Ndidi to take control of these games if we are going to win them. But they miss Maddison because noone else in attacking play is able to link play like he can. 

I know there's going to be lots of twists and turns before now and the end of the season but I feel if we don't get at least 6 points from these next 3 games we're going to be lucky to make top 4. 

We need to keep a gap going into the games with those around us. If we're relying on wins in them games back to back we're ****ed.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We don't know the circumstances those three games come under though. Any of those three teams could be prioritising European competitions - Man U could be sure of 2nd, Spurs could be going for EL to get the CL spot. 

We should have the vast majority of the injured players back by April. 

Teams against the mid-table lot are crucial for any team as this season they are firmly likely to be in the 'I am bothered' category. For example, we could play West Brom when they are all but down. Southampton in May will have absolutely nothing to play for.