Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

DJing

Wondering if there are many likeminded troops on here who partake in turntablism?

No matter if it is, Digital, Vinyl, C.D's or Wax Cylinders lol 

Anyone play, at home, out out, Clubs, Pubs... Would be nice to see who in the community (other than I) enjoy a spin. :ph34r::yahoo:

Just now, Kilworthfox said:

Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Youtube?

I’ve tried soundcloud and Mixcloud and neither have any. I think they’ve either been deleted or are on a different account. Shame really as I really enjoyed it but haven’t had a chance to get back into it as I’ve got older 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Had 1210s back in the day. Played out a few times in very early warm up slots

recently purchased DDJ400 controller and really getting back into it 

I’m loving some of the re-edits by the likes of reflex, late nite tuff guy and dr Packer 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/07/2021 at 21:17, FLAN said:

Had 1210s back in the day. Played out a few times in very early warm up slots

recently purchased DDJ400 controller and really getting back into it 

I’m loving some of the re-edits by the likes of reflex, late nite tuff guy and dr Packer 

I have a DDJ 400, for the money it is exceptional kit!

I am just about to upgrade to a DDJ1000, as I am getting bookings now we have opened up again.

On 06/08/2021 at 00:31, UpTheLeagueFox said:

This is the controller I use for gigs

Pioneer XDJ-RR

xdj-rr-main-v2.png

How do you find the search function? 

I think I'll will upgrade to a better controller rather than an all in 1 because of the quick & easy search function? 

15 hours ago, shilton_fox said:

I'm considering upgrading my kit. DDJ 800 or DDJ 1000. What would anyone suggest? Not a gigging dj, just do a bit and home and with mates.

Depends on a few things. 

Are you playing off of 3 channels, or plan too? 

Are you aspiring to use Pro kit? 

7 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

How do you find the search function? 

I think I'll will upgrade to a better controller rather than an all in 1 because of the quick & easy search function? 

Search button isn't great tbh and there isn't a booth volume, apart from that it's a great bit of kit.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shilton_fox said:

3 channels no. And erm unsure on the pro kit. To dj in a venue do you need to be able to use pro kit?

Well that is 1 of the main reasons to go to the 1000 over the 800. Watch the Digital DJ Tips video on Youtube as they review them both and compare.

Depends on the venue. In a "proper" club you would be expected to use Pioneer Nexus 2000's as they have been the Pro kit preference for a few years, however, if you are looking to play out, you will need to have the right cables XLR or RCA from your device to their mixer or plugs.

It doesn't matter what kit you have, it is what you do with it, much like football boots.:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...