Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

The great slide

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Youri is POTS by a mile. The lad has been asked to go way above and beyond, he has carried this team at times, (thanks to the injury's). Shows how good he is, a lot of us were concerned he was struggling physically with the league, certainly not something you can say now, he is a monster. And call me mad, but he isn't far behind the likes of De Bruyne.....

Belgium’s midfield of De Bruyne and Tielemans is frightening!

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You're not wrong, I think his form this season hasn't really been acknowledged for what it is. I know he's a keeper that " stats " wise doesn't come out looking that good but I'd be interested to see if this season is a stark improvement. His shot stopping is unreal.

Not just his shot-stopping. Can't think of the last absolute balls-up he made?

There was a mention of him on Football 365 a while back which got it about right. He might have a slightly lower ceiling than other keepers in terms of goals prevented (recently even that's looking moot), but his 'floor' is so high. Operating at an incredibly consistent level.

That chopped 30 yard dink though. Cut that shit out right now.

We've also lost players in the same position repeatedly, we had 4 defenders out at 1 point now we've got 3 attack minded mids injured, Praet, Maddison and Barnes.

Sometimes you can cope with 8 injuries better than 2 if they are not the same key position.

It's also not factoring in how many times we've had to throw players straight back in after an injury rather than let them come back gradually and work up to full fitness.

Vardy, Ricardo, Castagne are still not match sharp yet, but are playing out of necessity. I'm not going to say we've had it the worst, but it's been pretty bad.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm sorry but if Youri Tielemans doesn't win POTY then it's another fine example of a moronic fan base that we have. Justin has been exceptional, Barnes in large spells too but Youri has been out of this world. 

Now I'll give it to him but Justin was going to get my vote. The constantly change position and still be one of, if not our best performer every game, especially when he wasn't expecting to be first choice was incredible. We all thought he'd be covering the other 2 guys at full back but the reality was, he became undroppable

23 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Can this thread be positive and mention about how eff’ing good it is that we have climbed up the steps to the top of the slide in the first place!

Only team in the Premier League to have been in the top 4 all season.

• Like 1

Great slide?

- Form the last 5 games we have take 10 points, 2 pts per game 5th in the form table, 1 point behind second place Chelsea on 11 points 

- From the last 10 games we have taken 20 points, 2 per game 3rd in the form table, 2 point behind second place West Ham on 22 points.

Don't like fact get in the way of a negative narrative, some people love to think about doom and gloom.

Player rating are one side of the story, people can't rate players subjectively and will mark up and down inline with the game result. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Great slide?

- Form the last 5 games we have take 10 points, 2 pts per game 5th in the form table, 1 point behind second place Chelsea on 11 points 

- From the last 10 games we have taken 20 points, 2 per game 3rd in the form table, 2 point behind second place West Ham on 22 points.

Don't like fact get in the way of a negative narrative, some people love to think about doom and gloom.

Player rating are one side of the story, people can't rate players subjectively and will mark up and down inline with the game result. 

Mic drop!

Close thread

Edited by Fox seen in Norwich

On 05/03/2021 at 12:32, Captain... said:

We've also lost players in the same position repeatedly, we had 4 defenders out at 1 point now we've got 3 attack minded mids injured, Praet, Maddison and Barnes.

Sometimes you can cope with 8 injuries better than 2 if they are not the same key position.

It's also not factoring in how many times we've had to throw players straight back in after an injury rather than let them come back gradually and work up to full fitness.

Vardy, Ricardo, Castagne are still not match sharp yet, but are playing out of necessity. I'm not going to say we've had it the worst, but it's been pretty bad.

Good point. It is really unfortunate to lose a few who all play the same position. You can add Perez to that list of attacking mids. I know he's the scapegoat du jour, but I think no.10 is his best position, and I'd much rather have him fill in for Maddison than go to a back 3 and have Hamza in the team. That's 4 who would be very useful right now all out injured at the same time.

We managed to cope very well early in the season with so many defenders and Wilf out. I just hope we can find some goals now it's the other end of the pitch affected. We should have one or two bodies back after the next game or two, so we might not have to make do for too long.

I know everyone is sick to the back teeth of hearing it, but look at Liverpool. Unlucky losing all their centre-halves at once, and now even the makeshift ones.