Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frank Large's Black Book

Under's Over?

27 minutes ago, Royston. said:

He hasn't played often enough.

Think he's been hung out to dry by Rodgers who has given him little game time but is still expected to make an impact in that time.

Does this mean a better winger is replacing him or was Under just a loan that hasn't paid off?

He gets his chance every time he trains to prove himself. If he cant do it there then he's not going to play. Matches aren't practice.

Still willing to wait until the end of the season before the final verdict has been handed down. If he goes I'm sure we will have a replacement in mind.

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

He gets his chance every time he trains to prove himself. If he cant do it there then he's not going to play. Matches aren't practice.

Still willing to wait until the end of the season before the final verdict has been handed down. If he goes I'm sure we will have a replacement in mind.

It will be better t leave for him even if he get chance or to have chance for playing in some matches  .. Spain Italy or Turkey will be better than PM for him. As I have seen Gray Ghezzal is very good players and because seeing Lei fans do not see they are good so they will not say Cengiz is good player in every circumstances .. No way for Cengiz ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Gazi Giray said:

Hi. First what kind of evidence you need for Cengiz is very very good player.   I could not understand. 😀 What I have seen for Ghezzal and Gray .. Ghezal is a wonderful player. I have been watching him in playing for Beşiktaş in these season. I look at Gray you tube video and he is very good player too .Gray played 26 U21 game and made 8 goals . This is very good result for a winger  especailly playing for England team.. Please can you say me how a player like Gray can be turned to a bad player after showing this performance for his national team like England one of the strongest teams of Europe. 

The best solution and choice for Cengiz and Leicester not to continue in next year. Cengiz will find another team hope he can find a team who can play .. It is not necessary to be in the PM. HLeicester has already very good players like Ghezzal Barnes Gray Perez and Albrighton Praet. or they change some of them or continue with the same players I do not know. What I have seen some Lei fans ; they have  a tendency to underestimate their good players,  this prevents your players from showing their existing abilities and demolishes them because of this pessimistic approach, . As you transfer them, you praise them and then declare them useless after 3 matches and throw them away. Do not do this . Support them until you can find and they can feel themselves comfortable to reveal their abilities to show their potential  In that way you can gain your players when you do not expect them how they are good. .

Blame Rodgers not Foxestalk. Rodgers is in charge of the team. He puts the best 11 on the pitch that can win the match....or its his ass. :)

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

.....................matches aren't practice but how else do you gain match sharpness?

Like I said he gets limited time and is expected to influence games. 

If he can't do that he is deemed not good enough??

We're doing well enough without him and Rodgers seems to have made a decision.

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

.....................matches aren't practice but how else do you gain match sharpness?

Like I said he gets limited time and is expected to influence games. 

If he can't do that he is deemed not good enough??

We're doing well enough without him and Rodgers seems to have made a decision.

Training matches are played at match tempo. Competition in practice is the only way to truly evaluate if a player is good enough. Rodgers needs to be sure that our players on the bench can cope with that tempo or it will totally destroy the cohesion of the group on the pitch. At the moment Under doesn't offer we need. That could change.

Edited by SO1

From my earlier post you'll know I like him - but I do think he's been a little unfortunate in that this season has been especially disrupted by injuries. 

For Cengis, this has meant restricted opportunities because Brendan has had to reach for someone who is more defensively able as for most of the season we were down to the bare bones and with several players already out of position he was  just a risk too far.

So I say again, it must be what happens in training, as sadly on his few game opportunities he has failed to shine.  Trying too hard probably.

It is still only rumour, though likely to be true I feel.  Shame for both parties but Cengis will have gained from his time here and I'm sure will succeed.

• Like 1

He’s got quality and, although I don’t think it will happen, I’d sign him. I’m not sure you’d get a better option to improve the depth of the squad for £18m or whatever the agreed price is.

If Choudhury were to be sold tomorrow he’d probably go for £10-12m. Would anyone seriously say there doesn’t look to be £6-8m more worth there for a Turkish international with plenty of years left in the tank?

That said, he’s looked most impressive in Europe and when he got his chance versus Fulham at home he did not take it whatsoever.

He’s got ability and sometimes people take time to adjust to new tactics, systems etc. It’s why people

sometimes kick on after a few seasons. Not every player hits the ground running. 

How many wrote of Vardy etc?

Maybe we will take the option to

buy and see it as a long term project. 

Gareth Bale at Tottenham had something like the most consecutive starts vs non winning games in his first season at Tottenham. He was awful, hampered by injuries and poor form. 

Pires was dreadful for Arsenal. Henry wasn’t exactly great either for his first half season in the league.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s got ability and sometimes people take time to adjust to new tactics, systems etc. It’s why people

sometimes kick on after a few seasons. Not every player hits the ground running. 

How many wrote of Vardy etc?

Maybe we will take the option to

buy and see it as a long term project. 

Gareth Bale at Tottenham had something like the most consecutive starts vs non winning games in his first season at Tottenham. He was awful, hampered by injuries and poor form. 

Pires was dreadful for Arsenal. Henry wasn’t exactly great either for his first half season in the league.

You're absolutely right, there's plenty of examples of players not producing in the first season. The problem Under has, is that Brendan has never trusted him, even after his game changing sub appearance against Arsenal away. He's a decent player, but i think Brendan made his decision a while ago.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gazi Giray said:

I thought about Cengiz and Brendan Rogers .. What is difference between their expectations and what is real situation happened. Finally I can describe as follow as a Turk :

Cengiz is Crazy Horse.:

He run to unexpected areas ,

he shoot to somewhere regardless how far is , 

he throws his rider from his back - losing ball in short time than others because he wants to run quick

restless horse- can not stand still just right place..The field is an unfamiliar place but his motto  I'll run anyway..

Brendan Rodgers is Sitting Bull :

he does not crazy horses he likes patient and aggressive sitting bulls like Cağs . 

I admire your post, but this is absolutely mental.

14 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

I admire your post, but this is absolutely mental.

Thank you . My joke only releted to the meanings of the names not related to Historical Honorary Chiefs of Native Americans. 

• Like 2