Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frank Large's Black Book

Under's Over?

I think get him for a bargain basement price. If Roma want him gone and no other takers? 

Something hasn't quite clicked. Maybe language, maybe his application and effort? It may be the wake up call he needs to crack on if he is under threat of being sent back to a club that doesn't want him. 

I guess it depends on who the club have lined up this summer. If money is going to be spent in other positions (striker etc) and he is bargain basement price then why not?

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I sense there is more of a problem with application rather than talent.

BR has seen more of him in a handful of training sessions than we have all season and it’s  possible that he does not train as well as BR would like.

Speaks volumes that Albrighton was getting picked ahead of him. Just goes to show that a moment of magic is great but consistency and work rate will always win the battle.

All that being said, if in the last couple of months he gets his head down, works hard and produces when required I wouldn’t say no to taking him on a cut price deal (what we could fetch for Ghezzal

christ i forgot he was still our player

after leeds & arsenal games thought he would be a real player, both those assists were class and played a few balls through the middle to vardy reminiscent of riyad in the championship

think there is a very solid premiership player in under, but for various reasons do not think it is going to work with us; nothing against him though think he is very talented

• Like 1

15 hours ago, City1884 said:

At this point, did anyone actually think we were still going to sign him permanently?

I have nothing against the guy, but he clearly hasn’t done enough to impress Brendan enough to spend £20m+ on him.

Can't help wondering if our coaching team couldn't have done better here. If he really is not that impressive why did we take him on?

11 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Can't help wondering if our coaching team couldn't have done better here. If he really is not that impressive why did we take him on?

Was a really cheap deal for us with decent potential. Pay what 2-3mil for the year to take a decently-rated youngster on loan, if he’s good we have an option to buy him if he’s shit we can send him back. I think everyone including the club would probably take him permanently but not at the figures being shouted round. If we could get him for 5mil I’d give him another shot but he’ll cost 4x that and no way the club will pay that.

Edited by TJB-fox

I think this says more about us than it does Under.

Lets face it, depending on whether we play 4 or 5 at the back, we either have 5 or 6 midfielders/forwards, and 4 slots are taken by the elite Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi.

That leaves 1 or 2 slots to be fought between Barnes, Iheanacho , Praet, Perez, Albrighton, Mendy, Choudury, Under & Pereira (if played as a winger), before you start on the youngsters such as Tavares.

I appreciate there are injuries and squad rotation, but the year Barnes is having has pretty much elevated him into the first bracket & Iheanacho's last 10 games or so have nearly done the same for him.

Its no wonder we couldn't find room for Demarai Gray, and not much of a surprise Under is in the same situation. Both players feel like they need a run of games, and that is just not going to happen in this squad.

Looks like he's certainly capable of playing at the level that we need from the brief flashes of ability that we've seen, but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out. Injuries haven't helped, nor the language barrier most likely, but it does feel as though there's something else that's preventing him getting in the team. Not necessarily anything negative on either part, it might just be that he doesn't offer quite what Rodgers is looking for in that role.

Wish him the best, but its been clear for a while that his future probably lies elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Hales said:

I think get him for a bargain basement price. If Roma want him gone and no other takers? 

Something hasn't quite clicked. Maybe language, maybe his application and effort? It may be the wake up call he needs to crack on if he is under threat of being sent back to a club that doesn't want him. 

I guess it depends on who the club have lined up this summer. If money is going to be spent in other positions (striker etc) and he is bargain basement price then why not?

...when you employ a Right-Back to play in his position, then you know he does not have the trust of the manager!!!

• Like 1

I find it staggering how many people want Under to remain here and us pay decent money for him despite being underwhelming. He struggles to get in the team here if there was 12 fit players to select from. There is a reason why Roma wanted us to take him on loan with an obligation to buy but that is obviously not apparent to all. 

If people are happy to buy Under they must be fuming that we sold Gray and are trying to get rid of Ghezzal in the summer as you can't have enough wingers in the squad that are neither here nor there. 

Edited by Gerard

4 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

I think this says more about us than it does Under.

Lets face it, depending on whether we play 4 or 5 at the back, we either have 5 or 6 midfielders/forwards, and 4 slots are taken by the elite Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi.

That leaves 1 or 2 slots to be fought between Barnes, Iheanacho , Praet, Perez, Albrighton, Mendy, Choudury, Under & Pereira (if played as a winger), before you start on the youngsters such as Tavares.

I appreciate there are injuries and squad rotation, but the year Barnes is having has pretty much elevated him into the first bracket & Iheanacho's last 10 games or so have nearly done the same for him.

Its no wonder we couldn't find room for Demarai Gray, and not much of a surprise Under is in the same situation. Both players feel like they need a run of games, and that is just not going to happen in this squad.

RW is the only place in this team where this is simply not true. A quality right winger would have played the majority of games for us this season.

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

I find it staggering how many people want Under to remain here and us pay decent money for him despite being underwhelming. He struggles to get in the team here if there was 12 fit players to select from. There is a reason why Roma wanted us to take him on loan with an obligation to buy but that is obviously not apparent to all. 

If people are happy to buy Under they must be fuming that we sold Gray and are trying to get rid of Ghezzal in the summer as you can't have enough wingers in the squad that are neither here nor there. 

.....people see him as a very very good player who has for some reason failed to impress in his season long loan!!!

We are not saying spend money and hope he comes right, just surprised that he has failed to make the grade and there are many on here who sees his potential but are not begging the club to spend money on something which is a "maybe".

8 hours ago, Gerard said:

It's an obligation? I thought it was an option :unsure:

53 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....people see him as a very very good player who has for some reason failed to impress in his season long loan!!!

We are not saying spend money and hope he comes right, just surprised that he has failed to make the grade and there are many on here who sees his potential but are not begging the club to spend money on something which is a "maybe".

Some people are saying we should buy as he might come good in his second season. 

I'm not sure where this "very, very good player" evidence is, he's done no more than Diabate, Ghezzal or Gray who all three ultimately proved not good enough.

On the whole I've been really disappointed in him because I had really high expectations of him. A Monchi pick and touted as one of the best young players in Europe three years a go and the Turks on here really rated him as a key player in their national side which has some very good players in it. Truth be told he has failed to impress spectacularly and can't be trusted in the side when there is a lot of injuries.

You can't be wasting good money on players who have been here nearly a year and still not won over the manager. Just be glad that we dodged a bullet and we aren't obligated to buy and looking to loan him to a Turkish club next season.

Nah move on nothing to see here .We've not really lost anything just a roll of the dice that hasn’t  worked for one reason or another. I’d rather take a chance than not . Look at Youri for instance we took him on loan  and a lot of Monaco fans were slating him at the time and a lot of our own fans were saying what’s the point of signing him on loan he’ll just sign for a bigger club we’ve no chance . Sometimes it’s works sometimes it doesn’t this hasn’t . Next 

He hasn't played often enough.

Think he's been hung out to dry by Rodgers who has given him little game time but is still expected to make an impact in that time.

Does this mean a better winger is replacing him or was Under just a loan that hasn't paid off?

I thought he was just what we needed. He has shown flashes of brilliance. However, with the way Brendan sets up and the type of player he clearly wants, Under just doesn’t fit in. The money we would have to spend on him would be better spent elsewhere. 

Now watch him go and get the winner in the FA Cup final - should we get there. 

12 hours ago, Gerard said:

Some people are saying we should buy as he might come good in his second season. 

I'm not sure where this "very, very good player" evidence is, he's done no more than Diabate, Ghezzal or Gray who all three ultimately proved not good enough.

On the whole I've been really disappointed in him because I had really high expectations of him. A Monchi pick and touted as one of the best young players in Europe three years a go and the Turks on here really rated him as a key player in their national side which has some very good players in it. Truth be told he has failed to impress spectacularly and can't be trusted in the side when there is a lot of injuries.

You can't be wasting good money on players who have been here nearly a year and still not won over the manager. Just be glad that we dodged a bullet and we aren't obligated to buy and looking to loan him to a Turkish club next season.

Hi. First what kind of evidence you need for Cengiz is very very good player.   I could not understand. 😀 What I have seen for Ghezzal and Gray .. Ghezal is a wonderful player. I have been watching him in playing for Beşiktaş in these season. I look at Gray you tube video and he is very good player too .Gray played 26 U21 game and made 8 goals . This is very good result for a winger  especailly playing for England team.. Please can you say me how a player like Gray can be turned to a bad player after showing this performance for his national team like England one of the strongest teams of Europe. 

The best solution and choice for Cengiz and Leicester not to continue in next year. Cengiz will find another team hope he can find a team who can play .. It is not necessary to be in the PM. HLeicester has already very good players like Ghezzal Barnes Gray Perez and Albrighton Praet. or they change some of them or continue with the same players I do not know. What I have seen some Lei fans ; they have  a tendency to underestimate their good players,  this prevents your players from showing their existing abilities and demolishes them because of this pessimistic approach, . As you transfer them, you praise them and then declare them useless after 3 matches and throw them away. Do not do this . Support them until you can find and they can feel themselves comfortable to reveal their abilities to show their potential  In that way you can gain your players when you do not expect them how they are good. .