Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Villarreal singing section

Last game I got to was the Wigan FA Cup game in January 2020, which also had a singing section.

It was the same week as the lad's birthday, so I'd got hospitality tickets as a treat.  We were all dressed up, had been shown to our table for a pre-match meal by Ally Mauchlen, and then sat in the posh seats to watch the match.  The lad looks across to the singing section and says "can we go there next time?"  He was right, it looked and sounded amazing.

I think the match itself was a bit dull.  Apart from the singing section, the only other thing I remember is a pitch invader running the length of the pitch attempting to hurdle the hoardings and falling on their face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WilmslowFox said:

Last game I got to was the Wigan FA Cup game in January 2020, which also had a singing section.

It was the same week as the lad's birthday, so I'd got hospitality tickets as a treat.  We were all dressed up, had been shown to our table for a pre-match meal by Ally Mauchlen, and then sat in the posh seats to watch the match.  The lad looks across to the singing section and says "can we go there next time?"  He was right, it looked and sounded amazing.

I think the match itself was a bit dull.  Apart from the singing section, the only other thing I remember is a pitch invader running the length of the pitch attempting to hurdle the hoardings and falling on their face.

Not sure it'll be as lively as Wigan but it'll be 100x better than anywhere else in the ground if you want to stand and have a long overdue singsong. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Bit strange you can only buy one ticket, now its on general sale

One ticket per account. So you just make different accounts for every attendee and then link the accounts and then you can buy tickets for everybody that your account is linked to. I hope that makes sense?

As the ticket prices were relatively cheap, I've paid £5 extra to sit in the 'Walkers Hall' for the Villarreal match.

Anyone know whats different about this section? From the seating plan, I presume you just pay a premium because its on the half way line thus giving a better view?

Hopefully I'm not going to have to iron my funeral suit to get in?

8 hours ago, adejo92 said:

As the ticket prices were relatively cheap, I've paid £5 extra to sit in the 'Walkers Hall' for the Villarreal match.

Anyone know whats different about this section? From the seating plan, I presume you just pay a premium because its on the half way line thus giving a better view?

Hopefully I'm not going to have to iron my funeral suit to get in?

Think it’s just a padded seat and the bar area is a little bit more posh.

The club pushing this very very hard across the various social media channels shows they're disappointed in the sales numbers. 

UFS doing a decent job for them shifting more tickets in SK1 than anywhere else in the ground lol

Move over on the day if you've got your tickets somewhere else but want to get involved.

I think the club could have been a bit more generous with the pricing for this match to encourage more.

We have sold around 15k thus far and I would presume thats pretty much it now give or take a few late purchases.

15,000 x £15 = £225,000

(Average)

30,000 x £8 = £240,000

It's actually more profitable to have higher attendance at a cheaper price with these very loose calculations. 

These calculations are thrown together, and I know there are many factors which will alter them, but the point I'm trying to make is that the club could have sold this match a lot cheaper and have therefore increased the attendance.

Out of those that attend, that wouldn't usually, some may decide to take out a membership etc etc.

Some seats are £20 which I find is quite expensive to watch a friendly match, especially as its the only home match and some peoples only chance to get down to the KP.

Edited by adejo92

38 minutes ago, Winsum said:

Far too expensive, three days before a Wembley trip. There was no need for this match in my opinion 

Regardiing SK1 there are over 1,500 tickets still available here

SK1 second highest availability area behind only SK4 and that's a bigger area lol

Could be Covid issues but selling only around 50 per cent of tickets must indicate a reluctance of the fans to 

back this fixture . Mid week could be an issue but I feel it is the price that causes the issue.Other than that fans moaning that

a 40,000 capacity is too low looks foolish.Still too many people in Leicester walking around in Scouser, Yanited , Chelsea shirts on 

I don't know what people are complaining about. It is not like we have been over run by lots of live football stadium visits recently. It's good the club are providing and extra opportunity and I don't think £12.50 is too expensive. Get yourselves there and enjoy being in a stadium again.